Better Smileys.

As you lot all know I am constantly trying to improve this site.

I think a good way to improve it is to ask all users to smile while browsing.

Agree?

If you disagree, these lot may let you borrow a smile or two:

(right column under "downloads")

Pick something that is not too extreme and I may allow it.

Hows this :x lol

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

just need to turn it the other way around and all is good.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

How?

I should have wrote your "smile" ( :x ) reminded me of that. (specifically the bit where he tries to smile.)

Instead of faffing around the subject why dont you come out with whatever you've got to say!

Well that wouldn't be Admin then.

Add some new smilies to the forum.

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

That is what I was suggesting (with a few caveats and addendums which I am not mentioning).

Just want the good members to choose a style they like. The choice will be refined where those that are unsuitable will be removed.

@MuslimBro - There are three "Modern" sets there that can be put together into a superset. (The "More" in "More Modern" and "Extension" in "Modern Extension" are kind of a giveaway...)

Good members? Sad

I like the Modern Forum Smiley Pack. The only decent one there.

Modern Forum is the best, but not as good as the smileys we have at the moment.

Couldn't you just add a few extra one to the current batch, in the same style of illustration (plus maybe get rid of the rolling eyes one)?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Alisha" wrote:
Good members? Sad

Don't worry, I am not excluding you!

It was just a figure of speech.

admin, how you write upside down like you hav in ur sig?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Just visit Australia and everything is easy.

"You" wrote:
Just visit Australia and everything is easy.

sydney was nice

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I like the modern smilie pack, but keep mr green >>>>>>>> :mrgreen: <<<<<<<<

You know something? When I started this topic off, I was being "clever". I knew full well that I was about to throw a brand spanking new CMS at you lot, and I wanted to get better smileys without telling anyone my plans.

Guess what happened? A bug or two and I could not deliver on the smileys. Until now.

People still happy with the above mentioned smiley pack?

I also need some "Islamic smileys" - arabic replacements for simple things like saw/pbuh, swt and ra. I can deliver pbuh/saw from an old old site (this plan has been waiting for like... 2 years), but I doubt I have others lying around

I was thinking more along the lines of Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) (one that I already had - but it does not have a transparent background. Neither is it too readable.)

EDIT - I just changed the smileys for a few mins but things broke - smilies were everywhere - so I have reverted it to some basic (ugly) ones which will be replaced soon. I need some kip first.

Just put some smileys back - very similar to what we had on the old forums:

:doubt: :idea: Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) :arrow: Fool :?: :!: Wink :roll: :evil: :oops: Cray 2 :badgrin: :shock: Blum 3 :x Lol Dirol :? :o Sad Smile Biggrin

The evil, oops, doubt and the shock ones are IMO worse than what we had before.

The sunglasses guy is nowhere near as cool as he used to be.

I used to really admire him, but now he seems to have let himself go.

He used to be ahead of the times, but now he is just following trends.

He needs a pair of Kanye West sunglasses!

If he wears kanye west glasses he would end up thinking "if the bible was written today i would be in it"

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
If he wears kanye west glasses he would end up thinking "if the bible was written today i would be in it"

I'm sure Kanye West doesn't think you'd be in the Bible, Funzo.

Dude you know he would.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

You wrote:
Just put some smileys back - very similar to what we had on the old forums:

:doubt: :idea: Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) :arrow: Fool :?: :!: Wink :roll: :evil: :oops: Cray 2 :badgrin: :shock: Blum 3 :x Lol Dirol :? :o Sad Smile Biggrin

The evil, oops, doubt and the shock ones are IMO worse than what we had before.

LOL i didnt even knew them smileys workd - the only 1 i thought wkrd was Fool hahaha.. but my favo works Lol

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

:doubt: