Benazir Bhutto Assassinated: Pakistan into the abyss?

149 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Irfan.khan" wrote:
firstly would you rather have islamic morals implicated or democracy?

Repeat after me. "Implemented"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yeah thats what i meant lol.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

For the time being Musharaff is the lesser of the evils.

Bhutto's party is currently being led by her husband and her 19 year old son.

Back in BLACK

There fighting for democracy but they get new leaders from family ties?? wheres the democracy in that surely the new leader should be elected.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Musharaf is the lesser of the two evils? Wake up man! He is the one who has been very authorotarian more authorotarian that Benazir. And Nawaz Sharif is a hypocrite. He's having a dig at Musharaf for suspending the constituition but he was virtually doing the same thing ten years ago.

Oh and Irfan, and exactly why can't the right type of democracy and Islam coexist? Your argument is the one that corrupt rulers use to try and get absolute power with very little, if any, scrutiny.

But I would agree that Bilawal and Asif should have been elected.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Nothing wrong with being Authoritarian. It depends on what you do with it...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

"Irfan.khan" wrote:
Bhutto is one of the most corrupt people pakistan has seen and the reason why she came back to pakistan was probably to ease her conscience or she was running short of money.

I agree entirely.

Trush is slowly begining to come out.

She was bad news for the country. Good riddance.

Omrow

"Courage" wrote:
Oh and Irfan, and exactly why can't the right type of democracy and Islam coexist?

When did i say that?

Salam

It is only a few complete idiots like Salafis and other extremist Wahhabi groups that say democracy is anti-Islamic.

[b]Islam and democracy are totally compatible.[/b]

If we look around in the world, we will see examples of nations that are majority muslims as well as democratic.

Iraqis have - thanks to the Americans - taken part in direct elections and chosen their own leaders to govern them.

Omrow

"Noor" wrote:
learn something new everyday, didn't know Benzir Bhutto was a life member of Minhaj-ul-Quran, maasha'Allah.

[b]Murder of Benazir Bhutto is the death of the democratic process:[/b]

Dr. Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri

[url= Bhutto Joins Minhaj-ul-Quran[/url]

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Courage" wrote:
Oh and Irfan, and exactly why can't the right type of democracy and Islam coexist?

When did i say that?

You asked me that would I have Islamic principles implemented (you actually said implicated) or democracy, as though they're oxymorons and can't coexist.

This is for You: do you honestly expect me to believe that Authorotarianism is sustainable? Some people said that when TOny Blair came in he was alright, but then look at him when he left. People said the same for Margaret Thatcher, both served for 10-11 years. How long is a "good" dictator, going to stay "good"?

"Courage" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Courage" wrote:

When did i say that?

You asked me that would I have Islamic principles implemented (you actually said implicated) or democracy, as though they're oxymorons and can't coexist.

I didnt say that but your idea of "democracy" is a joke i was using it in a sarcastic tone.

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Courage" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
"Courage" wrote:

When did i say that?

I didnt say that but your idea of "democracy" is a joke i was using it in a sarcastic tone.

Well, there are quite a few types of democracy. How did you know which one I was on about?

Well seeing as you where defending bhutto, her idea of a democracy, but forget about it theres no point arguing over spilt milk.

You spilt my milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much does your milk cost? I think mine's £2 something for 12 cartons. I think..........

Noor wrote:
learn somthing new everyday, didn't know Benzir Bhutto was a life member of Minhaj-ul-Quran, Mmaasha'Allah

Assalaam alaikum.

Rawafidh Shia are allowed in Minhaj? A real shame her teachers in Minhaj couldn't make her into a better person.

The link for the article you posted doesn't appear, can you repost it Insha'Allah, this should be worth reading...

“Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

wa'alaykum as'salaam

did she tell you that she was a rawafidh shia? does it really matter? the woman is dead for pete's sake, there's no need to talk about her now.

She didn’t have to tell me when print media, and the Internet prove's it.

Bhutto family is kuffars from the tip to the root.

Criticsm of the article

If a self-proclaimed ‘Shaykh ul-Islam’ wants to write about her, then he should write about what a hideous monster her father was, instead of relegating it to the negligible margins of history, he has ruthlessly ignored it. Zulfikar Ali Bhutto is responsible for the genocide of Bangladesh something your Shaykh ul Islam is far to embarrassed to talk about, or willing to overlook the bleakest day of Pakistan short history, this is the curse of the Bhutto family, one they will take to their graves.

Another contrast is Benzair Bhutto died for her own political peculiar ends, in following democracy she follows herself, and her father couldn’t accept the democratic result in Bangladesh , just an acute observation on my behalf.

“Take Aqeedah from the Salaf, learn Adab from the Tableeghi Jamaat, and brotherhood from the Ikhwaan"

RashidGhazi wrote:
Bhutto family is kuffars from the tip to the root.

Proof? Being shia does not make one a kaafir. Rather, having rather specific beliefs does. Or lacking other very specific beliefs.

and the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) commanded us to speak well of the dead or hold our peace. (I am holding my peace in the same way I will about Abdul Rashid Ghazi).

If there is an article about what happened in Bangladesh, it should mention those involved. If there is not, there is no need. Just like I do not need to bring laal mosque into this. oops.

I can confirm that I have not read it.

Brother rashid ghazi please dont bring Shaykh ul islam professor tahir ul qadri into this, ive seen enough people slander him on this website. He holds huge amounts of knowledge and i will not tolerate any disrespect towards him, especially not on this website if you want to disrespect him go elsewhere please.

No special treatment please. No insulting of scholars in general would be a better rule to hold to.

You wrote:
No special treatment please. No insulting of scholars in general would be a better rule to hold to.

Sorry but thats the only ive seen to be insulted but i agree.

Beast wrote:
Oh Shabaz. Will you never grow up?

Shabaz? or is the last letter on its side?

(I have got rid of the old banning stuff. people banned a long time ago can come back onto the new site - but not with the same username.)

love to live but living to die wrote:

if ther's somethin i'm proud of benazir abt is dat she was the first n mayb the last female president a muslim country will ever see in power!

What about Bangladesh?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
What about Bangladesh?

If you never got the hint that Rashid Ghazi was giving, I will spell it out. We do not acknowledge Bangladesh.

It is East Pakistan and always will be! There was no discord, no disharmoney. No violence. Infact the whole year does not exist. (1971? what 1971!)

And thus it could not have had a female leader.

But Arsenal won the double in 1971?!

Cray 2

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Exactly. It. Didn't. Happen.

Did Bangladesh have a female prime minister? I didn't kno that!

There's been a female prime minister for 15 years in Bangladesh. Although there's no Prime minister now.

Who was she n is she still on the chair n how was she in her role??

If you didn't know there was a female prime minister in Bangladesh then you won't know them if I say their names. And regarding how they played their roles... they're women, what do you expect.

Pages