Benazir Bhutto Assassinated: Pakistan into the abyss?

149 posts / 0 new
Last post

al quaida are inevitably being implicated, but I smell a distinctly Musharraf-shaped rat...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi Rajioon.

Personally i didnt want to see her in the PM seat in pakistan, but it would hav been nice if she was an advisor to the next PM (which would have prolly been musharraf).

I didnt care much for her completely secular politics while she was Prime Minister of "The Islamic Republic of Pakistan", which always seemed a little funny to me. She also made certain comments which were kinda offensive to all muslims. Regardless of not caring for her politics, I was upset to see her killed/martyred in such a way Cray 2 , I found out around Asr time, and after I prayed namaz, I prayed for her soul, to rest in peace inshallah. If a fellow muslim dies, and I hear of it, and I do not pray for the deceased soul to be forgiven, what kind of muslim would I be?

I feel this incident is either the beginning of peace, or more likely complete mayhem in pakistan. Peace, because it is possible the country may come together, and the politicians will now try to work for the good of the country.

But I fear there is going to be mayhem, in a country which was built for muslims to live in peace, and prosper. The people who envisioned a Pakistan, a land where muslims and non muslims could freely practise their religion, where its people enjoined good and forbade evil, those great forefather of Pakistan, who gave their lives so we may live peacefully, they must be watching over us, and they must be thinking what monsters are these?

Lets hope and pray that pakistan, and its people can come together, and work for a better tommorow, and route out the evil within.

And lets inshallah pray for Benazir Bhutto, that her soul may rest in Peace, and be resurrected amongst the Jannatis on the day of judgement.

And lets also pray for those who worked hard to give us a country we can call our own, the likes of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Allamah Iqbal, and all those whose name I forget, and do not know of.

(p.s. I have not been on this forum in a long time, but I just had to share my 2cents(thoughts))

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajaioon

she didn't deserve to die especially in this way.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

I would think she would have made a very bad advisor... and Musharaf is President, not going for PM.

I still kinda like that guy. He has had some tough decisions, made some wrong choices, but he is human.

I would trust him far more than either of the two former PM's. (or the next one that is being groomed.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Seraphim" wrote:
Well its a good thing im not running for sainthood

lol

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"You" wrote:

I still kinda like that guy. He has had some tough decisions, made some wrong choices, but he is human.

u like musharraf cos he's a human. that would make the others...

I think you guys are dealing with this in the wrong way if you guys wanted to stick with the muslim ettiquette you should be advising him not going on an all out attack on the guy ive seen this before with mmm's comments about the karachi bombings, its all a bit hypocritical trying to impliment some islamic morals on a guy when you clearly disregard the proper way to do it, but then again im an old fool what do i know.

[size=7]That last bit about me being a fool with probably quoted and agreed by many.[/size]

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"You" wrote:

I think what he means he made mistakes because he is human and humans are prone to mistakes.

"Irfan.khan" wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:
"You" wrote:

I think what he means he made mistakes because he is human and humans are prone to mistakes.

i know that. but his seemed statement implied that if he is human, the other PM's are not.

assumptions are the mother of all mess-ups.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"You" wrote:

I never thought it through. But since you put it that way I won't care to disagree with myself.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Called dad today (he's currently in Karachi visiting parents) to see if he's done my shopping.

Apparently, thousands of cars have been burnt.

Banks have been burnt.

Mobile phone lines are jammed.

Shops are shut.

There's no transport on the streets (and we're talking about bustling, overcrowed, very cosmopolitan karachi here). NO ONE dares to go out.

Looting has started.

One uncle of mine is stranded at work for about 24hours now as he has no means of transport to get home.

Another uncle of mine took 7hours to get home the other day from work (and it usually takes him 15min).

Shops are being burnt...

Karachi is in a mess since the attacks. And no, he didnt do my shopping.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) asked for refuge from sudden death, may Allah protect us from it

Some people liked her and some people didn’t but ultimately judgment lies with Allah (SWT)…may Allah make her akhirah easy

May Allah make things easier for Pakistan and give the state a leader who is honest and will develop the country in every way

All those people who are involved in vandalizing property should think that only harm can come out of it. It reflects badly on Muslims and it will not bring Benazir Bhutto back

'To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always'

Alexis Carrel (French Surgeon)

"Dr Who" wrote:
All those people who are involved in vandalizing property

THat is the official form of protest in Pakistan!

Not happy about something? damage someones else's property/livelihood!

[color=orange][size=24][b]Benazirs Assassination- A Product of Foreign Intervention [/b] [/size][/color]

[b]By Majed Iqbal[/b]

No week has elapsed without Pakistani politics being thrust onto the international media in the last couple of months. The tragic event of Benazir’s assassination has once again shed the spotlight on the volatile nature of Pakistani Politics; something which no one is currently aloof of. However, the debates continue to rage within Pakistan as well as outside of the country in Europe, USA and the Middle East where many Pakistanis reside on attempting to understand and reason out the events.

Without a shadow of doubt, military despotism and anarchical conditions created by Musharraf’s government echoes sole responsibility for Benazir’s assassination. Despite the government highlighting Islamic extremism in the country as the root cause of the unrest and consequent assassination of the opposition leader, the Pakistani population no longer seems to be buying the argument any more.

From the Lal mosque stand-down, sacking of the Chief justice Iftikhar Choudhry, banning Nawaz Sharif from entering the country, declaring a state of emergency, and calling the date for elections and standing down as chief of army staff after pressure from America; the only conclusions being drawn by any independent observer is the excessive foreign interference in Pakistan’s domestic Affairs through direct Western support of a Military man for years who recently even rigged rigged his own Presidency.

The common person in Pakistan has witnessed with open eyes the political sovereignty of the country being handed directly over to Washington and London in deciding their country’s future. Musharraf seems only interested in highlighting how Islamic extremists are against such moves which he believes are the chief architects behind the un-stability in the country. However, these arguments are losing credibility with the masses as they witness systemic political problems being ruptured by power hungry individuals using any means necessary to execute foreign country demands.

Gallup, an independent think tank which delivers in-depth insights on public opinion polling recently conducted a study finding that over 64% of Pakistanis believed that corruption is widespread throughout the government, 68% believed that America is a threat to Pakistani security and less than 6% thought that America was trustworthy or friendly.

“How can America talk of restoration of democracy when compared to it s adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan which have spawned major political crisis for those countries?” are the mirror reflections currently being advocated on the Internet, independent news channels, emails and blog sites, all of which have allowed more diverse views to be aired as opposed to the discredited Pakistani state channels which seem to insult the intelligence of 165 million people.

Maybe musharaff should impose the emergency law now because the countries in a mess, maybe he was right to impose the law first time round preventing this sort of chaos i dont know just a thought.

This picture is weird:

[img]

[list]A supporter of assassinated former premier Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan People Party (PPP) shouts anti-President Pervez Musharraf slogans during a protest in Rawalpindi. Pakistan has indicated it would delay January elections because of turmoil caused by the death of Bhutto, as a bitter dispute erupted over how the opposition leader was killed.[/list:u]

I saw on tv a man doing sadja to her photo, isnt that seen as shirk?

yh i fink it is aswell.
people all over the world read namaz-e-janaza wid her photo infront of them
janaza can only be read if the body is present infront of them
and you cant bow down to a photo das shirk
and i thought photo's are haraam?

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
and i thought photo's are haraam?

There is a difference of opinion.

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
janaza can only be read if the body is present infront of them

where did you get that info from? of course you can, our masjid prayed her janaza too. they also prayed it in madinah and makkah. imam abu hanifah r.h janaza was prayed over 20 times.

"Noor" wrote:
where did you get that info from? of course you can, our masjid prayed her janaza too. they also prayed it in madinah and makkah. imam abu hanifah r.h janaza was prayed over 20 times.

I have always thought (and it is also a condition in the Hanafi madhab) that funeral prayer is only valid if the deceased person is present.

Imam Abu Hanifa's funeral prayer was repeated many times yes, but were they repeated in the same place?

"MuslimBro" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

I have always thought (and it is also a condition in the Hanafi madhab) that funeral prayer is only valid if the deceased person is present.

Imam Abu Hanifa's funeral prayer was repeated many times yes, but were they repeated in the same place?

i think thats the case unless there is some reason why the person cannot be present (i.e. at ANY mosque to have a janaza).

The Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko, who converted to Islam on his deathbed, was due to come to Regents Park Mosque for his janaza, but was not allowed by the police cos his body may bring radiation into the mosque, there was still some prayer, I wasn't there so dunno if it was a normal janaza or not.

people may not have liked her but she didn't deserve to die the way she did.

In the Name Of God the Most Gracious The Most Merciful.

By the morning light, and by the night when it is still. Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor does he hate you. Sura 93:1-4

The only One who can get you close to God is GOD Alone Allahuakbar! I

"1believer" wrote:
people may not have liked her but she didn't deserve to die the way she did.

True.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Allah knows best ^^^

"Dr Who" wrote:
The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) asked for refuge from sudden death, may Allah protect us from it

Abd Allah ibn 'Amr said, 'I went to the Prophet (pbuh) one day whilst he was performing Wudu' (ablution) slowly and carefully. He raised his head, looked at me and said, 'Six things will happen to this Ummah':... (one of which will be)...'that sudden death will be widespread'. (Ahmad.)

Pages