Benazir Bhutto Assassinated: Pakistan into the abyss?

Quote:
Pakistani former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto has been killed in a presumed suicide attack, a spokesman for the Pakistan People's Party (PPP) says.

Other reports said Ms Bhutto had only been injured and taken to hospital.

Ms Bhutto had just addressed a rally of PPP supporters in the town of Rawalpindi when the rally was hit by a blast.

At least 15 other people are reported killed in the attack.

Ms Bhutto has twice been the country's prime minister and was campaigning ahead of elections due in January.

Inna lillahe wa inna ilayhe rajioon.

This does not put Pakistan closer to the abyss.

Inna lillahe wa inna ilayhe rajioon

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ina lillahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

You mean to say Pakistan isn't already in the abyss?

Could have fooled me.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ding dong the witch is gone.

Back in BLACK

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do not speak ill of the dead, (for) they have seen the result of (their past deeds)."

Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 4, Number 76

Well its a good thing im not running for sainthood

Back in BLACK

"Noor" wrote:
:roll:

Noor, you roll your eyes too much. You must be getting dizzy.

Inna lillahe wa inna ilayhe rajioon

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Rajaioon

Seraphim you don't have to be to be running for sainthood to show respect for the deceased.

There are two sides to every story, but only one side to the truth.

"Seraphim" wrote:

How about a few words for the suicide bomber?

"Seraphim" wrote:

THAT IS DISGUSTING

SHOW SOME RESPECT

HATE HER, DISAGREE WITH HER ETC. SHE HAS JUST BEEN KILLED. SHOW HER SOME RESPECT NOW. DISSING HER AFTER SHE HAS DIED IS COWARDICE.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

DISSING HER AFTER SHE HAS DIED IS COWARDICE.

I wouldn't exactly call it 'cowardice' but I get ur point.

Dude i didnt respect her when she was alive, (she knew how i felt). So what makes you think i will do so now?

And Beast, i dont condone any kind of suicide. They should have just dropped a house on her.

Back in BLACK

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

THAT IS DISGUSTING

SHOW SOME RESPECT

HATE HER, DISAGREE WITH HER ETC. SHE HAS JUST BEEN KILLED. SHOW HER SOME RESPECT NOW. DISSING HER AFTER SHE HAS DIED IS COWARDICE.

I agree. Seraphim you have gone down in my estimation after that, and you may say 'I dont care' well thats up 2 u. But that was cold, no one deserves to die like that. She had family, how do you think they are feeling? Your location is 'where the heart is' but it seems like you dont have one!!!!!!

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

Oh dont give me that crap.

None of you probably gives a crap if she died or lived but now that shes dead you're all just reacting to your incessant need to say good things about her and feel guilty.

And all this becoz i called her a witch? I could probably rattle off 50 much more complicated and disgusting ones, but then Ed would get pissed at me.

If a house landed on her next week this would all be academic.

But incase you missed it... we're all going to die.

[size=7]And no i readly dont care if some anonymous poster thinks little of me. Atleast im not lying.[/size]

Back in BLACK

Actually we (by that I mean "I") do not care what others (that includes "you") think. Just asking you to follow the Islamic etiquette on this matter. Not too hard to do so since someone has posted a hadith about it too.

All people are asking you to do is not to piss on someones grave. Not too hard as long as you don't get all defensive.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Seraph, how would you like it if someone called your mum a witch after she had died?

But he (seraphim) has clearly stated that he did not respect the women while she was alive so by him saying he respects her now that she is dead(even though he doesn’t) dont that just make him a hypocrite and a liar?

I think she has been abit selfish. She knew the danger but she still took it upon herself to get elected at PM. Did it never occur to her what might happen to her kids?

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

i have to say i agree with Seraph. i always turned the telly off when she came on i could not stand her so i cant mourn her

i'd really like to say its the best news i've had these holidays but would that be too horrible

"Naz" wrote:
But he (seraphim) has clearly stated that he did not respect the women while she was alive so by him saying he respects her now that she is dead(even though he doesn’t) dont that just make him a hypocrite and a liar?

If you liked her, then good for you, if not, wow big deal. There is/was no need of calling her a witch. The Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) has clearly stated: "Do not speak ill of the dead, (for) they have seen the result of (their past deeds)."

By not calling her a witch doesn't mean you respect her either. You're just following the advice of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and remaining silent. She's gone, let Allah (swt) judge her now.

"laila" wrote:
i'd really like to say its the best news i've had these holidays but would that be too horrible

She may have repented sincerely to Allah (swt) and he may have forgiven her, she may have a station granted in jannatul firdous. Only Allah (swt) knows where her rank lies. Our iman can easily be snatched away from us and on our death beds, we may be the ones who die without iman!

This issue has nothing to do with hyporcrisy - even if you didnt sing the praises of someone when they were alive, Islamically we are NOT allowed to speak ill of the dead.

Its irrelevent whether or not you hate her, wish for a house to fall on her or whatever....but just keep the teachings of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) in the forefront of your mind by keeping your negative sentiments to yourself.

By stating negative stuff about her doesnt do you any favours and doesnt increase/decrease her status before God.

You know, you guys keep saying you dont care about what i think or say... yet you guys are making a big deal outta this. Just thought i'd point that out.

I admit its no big secret i didnt like the woman. For those who wish to mourn her your welcome to do so, i dont have a problem with that. Id just like to declare that i didnt like her when she was alive so her passing away is of no big consequence for me.

Although, as ive said before, nobody should be killed like that, but she died the way she lived... killing other people. Maybe you lot prefer to be more chivalrous and sit around making small talk but im not that great a man yet.

Between ettiquette and truth I will always choose truth.

Thats all i will say on the subject.

Back in BLACK

now now ppl i know some of you are mourning for her but really there is no need to lay into each other over as a women you dont know personally, only what the media has told you. Play nice.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

By saying inna lillahe wa inna ilayhe rajioon and by posting up a hadith doesn't mean we are mourning her nor does it mean we are defending what she did.

"Seraphim" wrote:
You know, you guys keep saying you dont care about what i think or say... yet you guys are making a big deal outta this. Just thought i'd point that out.

I admit its no big secret i didnt like the woman. For those who wish to mourn her your welcome to do so, i dont have a problem with that. Id just like to declare that i didnt like her when she was alive so her passing away is of no big consequence for me.

Although, as ive said before, nobody should be killed like that, but she died the way she lived... killing other people. Maybe you lot prefer to be more chivalrous and sit around making small talk but im not that great a man yet.

Between ettiquette and truth I will always choose truth.

Thats all i will say on the subject.

Regardless of what you may have thought of her Seraph, the people who ordered her assassination would be so much worse for Pakistan than Benazir or any other such politician.

Her death benefits those who would have no trouble in carrying out suicide attacks to kill people even whilst they are at prayer in a mosque.

These people would also like to carry out attacks in the UK. 7/7 was something they welcomed. Maybe they're planning another attack in the UK. Maybe in Manchester. So, this is of consequence to you.

Pages