Happy New Year!

Its that time of year again! The Islamic and Gregorian New Years are both coming up very soon:

10th Jan 2008 = 1st Muharram 1928 AH Islamic New Year Dirol

and

1st Jan 2008 = Gregorian New Year Dirol

New years is usually a time when we can look back at our past, and look forward and plan for the future.. Ive never really made a formal new years resolution (prob because resolutions are more easily made in Ramadan and im too ridiculously laid back about things).. does anyone actually see their resolution through? Im thinking of actually making and keeping some for once Dirol :shock:

I start off really well but then things gets on top of me and from there on things go downhill. I think i might start on the 10th of Jan this time round see how that works out.

But before i do i need to think of some.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Why don't you make resolutions on 1st of Jan, and then if you break them within the 1st week, you can make easier, more achievable resolutions on the 10th of Jan?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Isn't it 1428? instead of 1928

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Irfan.khan" wrote:

where have you been the last 500 years?

i was making a rubbish joke.

anyway, i'm pretty sure its going to be 1429

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Why don't you make resolutions on 1st of Jan, and then if you break them within the 1st week, you can make easier, more achievable resolutions on the 10th of Jan?

They arent really hard i just lack motivation and will power. Im hoping 10th Jan will bring me more luck then the 1st with the being the islamic new year.

Still in two minds whether i should give up tea. I have tried some of them herbal tea bag thingies. It felt like i was drinking warm water, no flavour to them.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
i was making a rubbish joke.

anyway, i'm pretty sure its going to be 1429

It wasnt that rubbish

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Irfan.khan" wrote:

good spotting lol! and Ya'qub is right, its going to be 1429.. i was just checking to see if you guys were awake Biggrin Wink :--p

"Naz" wrote:

Still in two minds whether i should give up tea. I have tried some of them herbal tea bag thingies. It felt like i was drinking warm water, no flavour to them.

i gave up my morning tea after drinking it for approx 10 years every morning :shock: the best tea, though, hands down is 'Yorkshire Tea' (and believe me i KNOW my teas lol)

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

People always make too many new years resolutions, just make a few and it will be easier to stick to them. I've made mine, they're only a few but i intend to stick by them inshaa'Allah.

I dont do new years resolutions....but I do regularly give myself targets, which I'm very good at sticking too. Be it, drink more water a day, keep in touch with relatives and/or read some Quran daily etc

And I dont really give myself a target that I know I wont stick too.

If was thinking about them last night and i came up with 8.

1) get a law related job during my gap year.
2) eat more carbs, more often, healthier - get fat
3) try harder to get up for Fajr prayer - starting to slack a bit
4) shop less, spend less!!!
5) get more organised
6) learn one new fact about Islam a day
7) If someone is winding me up to walk away or back down from an argument even if im right (which most of the time i am lol)
Dirol try harder to get on with ppl of the Pakistani origin.

I think the most hardest and challenging ones for me are gonna be 2,4,7 and 8.
I have been putting no.7 to some practice now hoping it will be easier when the time comes.

any1 got any new years eve/day plans?

whats it like in london on new year eve anyone?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
any1 got any new years eve/day plans?

whats it like in london on new year eve anyone?

we're all going to an islamic comedy event! it finishes before midnight.

Back in my kafir scum days I went to some amazing house parties and once went to the River thames where a 'fireball' was promised...i think it was the millenium.

needless to say it was cold, crowded and i got given some whisky by an old man (i was 14 at the time).

There usually are free trains all through the night though, which is cool.

I have friends like that

On the 31st december when people are going to be getting drunk, dancing, kissing their haraam partners at the stroke of midnight...a mosque in East London (Minhaj ul Quran) will be carrying out a 'New Year Eve Dhikr'...remembering God at the stroke of midnight at a time when so many others have forgotten Him.

I thinks its a beautiful concept.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
On the 31st december when people are going to be getting drunk, dancing, kissing their haraam partners at the stroke of midnight...a mosque in East London (Minhaj ul Quran) will be carrying out a 'New Year Eve Dhikr'...remembering God at the stroke of midnight at a time when so many others have forgotten Him.

This was the main reason I attended a weekend camp at Minhaj ul-Quran in Manchester a couple of years ago.

Whilst there were fireworks going off outside we were deep in zikr.

Yeh, tis a nice feeling to lock off all the crap that going on outside/in the world and just focus on God.

Although, this 'locking off' is something that proper bugs many political/active groups.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Although, this 'locking off' is something that proper bugs many political/active groups.

Just MPAC and their youthful and misinformed self-righteousness. :roll:

i heard the one at farghana was awesome, that's one of the reasons i wanted to do that course, i love the mq zhikr style!

ms, do you have any recordings of the last years one in london?

in the summer, the naqshabandi haqqani's hold their zhikr gatherings at countrysides, next to rivers etc its amazing! has anyone sat in their zhikr mehfils?

dhikr at farghana was always brilliant!!! i remember the one at new years...it was such a good feeling knowing that while others were occupied in satanic activities we were remembering Almighty Allah...subhanallah.

the haqqanis are brilliant...i realy want to go to one of their gatherings

'To cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always'

Alexis Carrel (French Surgeon)

"Noor" wrote:
i heard the one at farghana was awesome, that's one of the reasons i wanted to do that course, i love the mq zhikr style!

in the summer, the naqshabandi haqqani's hold their zhikr gatherings at countrysides, next to rivers etc its amazing! has anyone sat in their zhikr mehfils?

in sheff?

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Noor" wrote:

Havent been there for the New Eve Dhikr for the last couple of years now...I'm only going this time cos dads out of the country which gives me an ideal opp to be a religious rebel.

I'l don my scandalous hijaab on Monday, sneak out the house late, join the congregation, bop my head to the collective dhikr, come home late on a secret, constant high. Biggrin

"Dr Who" wrote:
the haqqanis are brilliant...i realy want to go to one of their gatherings

we have two gatherings twice a week, it's brilliant, they have the hadrah too! the haqqani's have gatherings all over uk, they should have one in your city/town.

"Snoopz" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:

in sheff?

yah. remember shaykh nuh was saying that shaykh nazim has told them to move around the uk? they went to york, some farms, countryside, ladybower. oh, we were in pk at that time.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I totally agree with your last sentence i love shabraat were things like that happen

May it be a year of turning points, good fortune and great achievements for everyone here.

Happy New Year!

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Happy NY in advance (7 hours lol).

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

[color=red][size=18][b] HAPPY NEW YEAR[/b][/size]
[/color]
hope you all enjoy it and inshallah allah will make all you wishes come true!

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Salam

Happy New Year 2008 to everyone on Revival.

May God bring joy and peace to your lives.

Omrow

Pages