Young Hearts, Run Free

I was invited to this social event on my course to try and get students to bond with the students from the BVC. And considering i didnt turn up to the one on my previous course... nor the many at work. I thought since this is my LAST year in uni... maybe I should check it out.

The day before the even, turns out there was gonna be a traffic lights theme to the party (which for all those who dont know: means it was actually a singles night in disguise :shock:. Red means im not interested, Amber means i'll consider you, and green means im single and up for it). They basicly give you these face paints with the colour you want. As soon as i found that out... i backed out... very slowly (i hear they can only see through motion) lol.

But as i was talking to people who were organising it turns out alot of the "muslims" students were attending the event. Maybe im just being a bit of a prune or im getting old.

What happen to self control people? What happen to not letting your emotions (or hormones) get the better of you?

What has the world come to where believing people attend a singles night.

What is it with all those Romeo's ad playa's out there? They got nothing better to do? And the guys arent the only ones. There are girls who go out doing this stuff too.

Why does everything have to be about relationships? Cant people just go out for the sake of having fun and not really go down bf/gf road?
Are we just integrating just... a little tooo much?

Back in BLACK

Young hearts, run free, never be hung up, hung up like my man and me ooooh...... sorry bout that getting carried away there lol.

erm yeah back to the topic....i think these sort of events tend to be aimed as the non Muslims. I went to the law ball last year what with the being the last year as it was sooooo crap and boring left at 10.30. The girl who organised it was a Muslim but not a practicing Muslim me thinks. I couldn’t tell what half of the food was coz they had really posh names. I asked the ppl who were serving whether it was suitable for veggis and they just replied we dont know. The music was even worse some crappy bhangra remixes. The Muslims (both guys and gals) were going wild :roll:
i mean just coz you go to events like these dont mean you have to start acting like the non believers. Where is your self respect!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Oldham_Lad25" wrote:
sign on the times. misguided people.

sign of* the times

Smile

If you've got Muslims arranging these events then maybe you can change some rules and make it a matrimonial event.

Then maybe you can go there with the intention of looking for your future wife/husband :P.

I wouldn't know as I haven't been to one.

"MuslimBro" wrote:
If you've got Muslims arranging these events then maybe you can change some rules and make it a matrimonial event.

Then maybe you can go there with the intention of looking for your future wife/husband :P.

I wouldn't know as I haven't been to one.

but why do such events have to be about boyfriend/girlfriend or finding a husband/wife, what ever happen to just going out and enjoying someones company in a halal way without ppl thinking/implying all sorts.

"Naz" wrote:

but why do such events have to be about boyfriend/girlfriend or finding a husband/wife, what ever happen to just going out and enjoying someones company in a halal way without ppl thinking/implying all sorts.

EXACTLY...

thank you....

I was talking to the girl who helped organise it and she said i missed out on a good night out :roll: and then told me how some creepo kept stalking her all night.

freak

Back in BLACK

^^^ lol
thats why i tend to avoid such events coz you always get some weirdo who doesnt understand what the term not interested means.

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

EXACTLY...

thank you....

I was talking to the girl who helped organise it and she said i missed out on a good night out :roll: and then told me how some creepo kept stalking her all night.

freak

Not surprised a girl organised it. After Uni, a lot of girls start thinking about getting hitched.. Theyd have an opportunitiy to meet a whole load of eligible bachelors, whatcha expect?

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

On a side note (not a very promising one unfortunately).

I have a friend in his late 30s who has been trying to get married for the past 10 years.

He now says that maybe he was wrong to be so 'good' while he was in uni: not mixing or even making eye-contact with girls etc. , because he said that was when everyone was getting hitched and now there is less chance for him to find someone suitable.

People tend to get 'stuck in their ways' as they get older and are less willing to accommodate other people's quirky/annoying habits.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Amal" wrote:

Not surprised a girl organised it. After Uni, a lot of girls start thinking about getting hitched.. Theyd have an opportunitiy to meet a whole load of eligible bachelors, whatcha expect?

Well im not impressed.

Ya'qub: Its never wrong to be so good. But you shouldnt be shy either. I think being shy is a waste of time. It stops you from doing a lot of things.

Back in BLACK

"Amal" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"Naz" wrote:

EXACTLY...

thank you....

freak

what the....

Trust me love you aint gonna meet no eligible bachelors at such events.

"Naz" wrote:

what the....

Trust me love you aint gonna meet no eligible bachelors at such events.

Neither do I lol but ive witnessed first hand the desperate lengths naïve girls go to: like organising above-type parties :shock: I feel bad for them more than anything :? Youd be surprised at the amount of similar Muslim events they have in London for these.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.