"Lyrical Terrorist" Jailed

[b]Woman guilty of terror offences[/b]

A woman who called herself the "Lyrical Terrorist" has been found guilty of keeping terrorist manuals.

Samina Malik, 23, from Southall, west London, is the first woman in the UK to be convicted under the Terrorism Act.

The student was convicted at the Old Bailey of having articles "likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism".

Malik was working at WH Smith at Heathrow Airport when she was arrested last October. She denied the charges.

Malik burst into tears in the dock when the verdict was read out.

She was convicted of two offences under Section 58 of the Terrorism Act relating to documents found on her home computer.

She had earlier been found not guilty of the more serious charge, under Section 57 of the Act, of possessing an article for a terrorist purpose.

[b]'Meaningless'[/b]

The jury heard Malik had written extremist poems praising Osama Bin Laden, supporting martyrdom and discussing beheading.

She had posted these on websites under the screen name the Lyrical Terrorist, prosecutors said.

Malik said the poems were "meaningless", but prosecutor Jonathan Sharp called her a "dangerous extremist".

Police said they had found a "library" of Islamist literature in her bedroom including The Al-Qaeda Manual and The Mujahideen Poisons Handbook.

The court also heard she had written on the back of a WH Smith till receipt: "The desire within me increases every day to go for martyrdom."

Malik said she had only called herself the Lyrical Terrorist "because it sounded cool".

This is the second meaningless conviction of a Muslim on terror charges in the last couple of months that I am aware of.

Absolute bollocks.

RIP - The British Justice System.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

She should appeal 2 th european court, because this conviction clearly goes against th human rights act. th only way britain *Should* be able 2 implement laws like this is if they were 2 leave th european union- which i'm sure they wouldn't want 2 do.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Letsn contrast her with [url=

"The stockpile twas to cause fright. Honest, guv!" the guy got 2.5 years of which he only has to serve 6 months. And he has a proper honest to god stockpile of chemicals and explosives!

The police were adamant he was no terrorist too.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

can't say i'm surprised.