To All The Google Lovers

Google tool watches as you work

Google's desktop search software is being overhauled to become a digital helper that reacts to what users do.

The move is likely to intensify competition between Google and rivals Microsoft, Yahoo and AOL.

The revamped software will suggest web links, personal documents and images that might be relevant to whatever someone is doing with their computer.

The tool also automatically subscribes to feeds from weblogs and news sites that a user visits.

The revamped desktop search system is much more active and keeps an eye on what users do and instantly displays relevant webpages, blog entries, documents, messages and photos in a hovering, on-screen panel.

The new test or beta version of Google desktop is available to download and works with Windows XP and 2000.

[url= Link [/url]

This should make all the googly google lover very happy Wink

Seems like a good idea.

I might download it.

But will have to check with my uncle to see if there's no bugs or anything too dodgy about it.

if I was a paraniod person -to me this would be the FBI's way of keeping an eye on us and tracking our movements :shock:

Salam

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
if I was a paraniod person -to me this would be the FBI's way of keeping an eye on us

What she is saying is that since she is NOT a paranoid person, she doesn't mind other people looking at her and peeping.

Omrow

There's this [size=18]FANTASTIC[/size] program you download from Google. It's called Google Earth.

It lets you zoom into your neigbourhood and almost anywhere else in the world.

Unfortunately, my part of Bham is a bit fuzzy. But you can go to any major city in the world.

:shock:

"irfghan" wrote:
There's this [size=18]FANTASTIC[/size] program you download from Google. It's called Google Earth.

It lets you zoom into your neigbourhood and almost anywhere else in the world.

Unfortunately, my part of Bham is a bit fuzzy. But you can go to any major city in the world.

:shock:

wow that is one awesome software!! ive visted malaga, compton, lahore, adu dabhi and Old Trafford in 10 mins!!
now you can really see the world from the comfort of your own home Biggrin

i even managed to look thru my neighbours window..... :shock:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

there is a flash version of it available online.

It does not need to reload every image etc, and I like it... even though I struggled finding my house in it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

It does not need to reload every image etc, and I like it... even though I struggled finding my house in it.

nowehere as good as the google one, with that you can see my house!!! and you can see pretty much anything. im quite impressed i must say. you can even mark down places and get the software to find the route between places.

"Hayder's House" lat=53.5355312813, lon=-2.13093884026

put that in your search bar

One Objection tho, cant find Makkah or Medina on it.....jews :x

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

well my house is not available either. It says no image of required resolutin available!

Am I being watched? Is someone trying to erase my existence? who am I?

Am I paranoid. Are you all spies?

/head explodes

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
well my house is not available either. It says no image of required resolutin available!

Am I being watched? Is someone trying to erase my existence? who am I?

Am I paranoid. Are you all spies?

/head explodes

ha ha ha

The perfect crime

Back in BLACK

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:

One Objection tho, cant find Makkah or Medina on it.....jews :x

Makkah is on there. It's just very blurred.

lat=21.421914442, lon=39.8272884802

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:

"Hayder's House" lat=53.5355312813, lon=-2.13093884026

put that in your search bar

Hmm. That's in the North Sea.

Lol

"Admin" wrote:

That is awesome I think I found my home in SC at 32,43,18 N 79,55,41 W I recognize the main house and tennis courts but not so sure about that smaller sandbar

Some of the images used are over ten yers old, so it may not be fully uptodate.

For instance MSN Visual Earth (a rival to Google Earth) does not show the Apple Comp. main site, while Google does show it, but does not show a mall built right next to it (built before the Apple campus I think...)

"Admin" wrote:
Some of the images used are over ten yers old, so it may not be fully uptodate.

For instance MSN Visual Earth (a rival to Google Earth) does not show the Apple Comp. main site, while Google does show it, but does not show a mall built right next to it (built before the Apple campus I think...)

That might explain the sandbar... they shift a lot in the harbor

Those definitely look like my docks too - except the one furthest away is relatively new...

So that sorta throws a wrench into the dates..

This program seems to have served some real purpose.

Quote:
[size=18]Internet maps reveal Roman villa[/size]

Latest technology proved an unexpected aid to unearthing the past when an Italian man decided to look at internet maps of his home.

Computer programmer Luca Mori found the remains of an ancient Roman villa when he browsed Google Earth maps showing satellite images of his local area.

His curiosity was sparked by unusual shading by his home in Sorbolo, Parma.

He contacted local archaeologists who investigated and confirmed it was once the location of a Roman villa.

"At first I thought it was a stain on the photograph," 47-year-old Mr Mori explained. "But when I zoomed in, I saw that there was something under the earth."

The satellite images threw up a dark oval shape more than 500m (1,640ft) long, as well as shaded rectangular shapes nearby.

Mr Mori decided to alert experts from the National Archaeological Museum in Parma about his find.

After excavating some ceramic pieces from the site - now farmland - they confirmed a Roman villa once stood there.

"At first they thought the site might be Bronze Age but a closer inspection turned up ceramic and stone pieces that showed it was a Roman villa built some time just before the birth of Christ," he was quoted as saying in the UK's Daily Telegraph newspaper.

Google Earth is a service offered by the US-based internet search engine Google, allowing users to view most parts of the world using a combination of satellite imagery and maps.

[url=