Take him back home– that’ll sort him out

Salaam
A cousin of mine is in Pakistan at the moment. His parents duped him into a two week ‘holiday’ back home…his parents made him stay there for a few months in the hope of ‘sorting him out’ - cos in this country he was turning into a bad boy.

In Tarawih some lady was asking me about the best colleges in London, cos she wanted to send her cousin there…her cousin is from ‘back home’ and was sent here, cos in Pakistan he was turning into a bad boy, so his parents sent him to England in the hope that he’d get sorted out here (??!!)

Another lady was telling my mum about her daughter who is beginning to get a bit of an attitude (as most teenagers do at that age)…she was telling my mum that she was thinking of taking her to Pakistan to sort her out.

I knew a teenage kid who was kinda of the rail – she used to bring knives in to school. Her mum took her ‘back home’ and she came back a reformed character.

When I was a kid, dad would occasionally tell us to ‘pack our bags’ when we were naughty.

I’ve never quite understand the concept behind this. Does it really work? And is it really fair to offload your problem onto someone else?

Or do parents get so desperate and worried out their naughty kids that they cant see any other option?

Wasalaam

This shipping the kids away to get better mentality is just stupid IMO.

Narcotics are also cheaper in Pakistan.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[b]Asalaam Alaikum[/b]

I think this adds fuel to the fire instead of the fire being put out. Surely there are more constructive ways to overcome dilemmas that are facing children or teenagers. Being a 'bad boy' or a 'bad girl' is a characteristic that needs to be challenged at an early stage.

Adolescence is a part of life, shipping someone who is going through adolescence isn't not always going to work. In retrospect, it can have an opposite effect and cause more confusion for that person.

There are two sides to every story, but only one side to the truth.

in some cases it does seem to work as it has happeded to many of my cousins and my brother
he got sent there and stayed there for bout a year, and come back as a new person
bt in some cases it doesnt. one of my freinds got sent there bout 2 years ago and he come back last week and seems to be worse than before

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

from what i've heard, Islam is much stronger (and adhered to) my Pakistanis and Bengalis in Britain than it is 'back home'. But this is just heresay.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Take Ya'qub 'back' to Pakistan, that'll sort him out!

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

"Ya'qub" wrote:
from what i've heard, Islam is much stronger (and adhered to) my Pakistanis and Bengalis in Britain than it is 'back home'. But this is just heresay.

totally agree with that point ppl are defo more religious here then any islamic country (saudi probs the exception). I remember when i went pak about 2 yr ago and the azaan was being said my relatives didnt even turn the sound of the tv on mute! They were too engrossed in their poxy drama.

On the issue of taking kids back home to "sort" them out i think it depends on the area your from in pak and the kind of company you keep their. Village probs aint too bad coz they still stuck in the stone ages but the city im guessing is probs gonna be worse coz its just like being in britain except their is sunshine Biggrin

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Pakistan is a strange place.

It seems to make elder people happy! Its a magical land in a happy happy world, with a gumdrop houses on lollipop lane!

I think ppl assume by seeing the hardships people suffer over there they will automatically become better people... as if they were sprinkled with fairy dust.

Back in BLACK