Magazine Idea Factory

If anyone has any ideas about what to include in the magazine

any ideas for articles etc

then feel free to list them here.

Preferably something we havent already covered.

Baring in mind the nature and tone of the magazine.

Oh, and just because you've listed an idea dont mean we'll def write about it...

Oh and credit will be given where credit due.

How to make a car bomb that works.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

admin, that aint even funny.

"You" wrote:
How to make a car bomb that works.

lol didnt have you down as the violent type, who you planning on blowing up

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Ed' said that he wanted to open a matrimonial service, so maybe you can have a page with peoples ads :? If someone is interested in a bro/sis they can send their CV and pic to Ed' and then he can forward them to the other party.

I'm not even sure if it's a good idea but I've seen a weekly newspaper (The Muslim Weekly) doing it.

What about having a section giving people tips about staying healthy, fashion tips, gadgets which maybe useful for everyday use (these ideas are also coming from The Muslim Weekly).

more of the Q&A's/problem pages.. Biggrin

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Its nearly ramazan and eid so why not have a topic on charities (thats if it hasnt already been previously covered). I think it ties in well.

i agree with snoopz, more Q n A's

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

"Naz" wrote:
Its nearly ramazan and eid so why not have a topic on charities (thats if it hasnt already been previously covered). I think it ties in well.

Planning for the issue after that. closer to Christmas/Eid Adha I would say.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

how about making the ali and jamal bit 5 pagez long

How about the importance of education or something like that. Maybe something about pass rates and how they are saying exams are getting easier (yeah right more like our brains are getting use to absorbing and remember large amounts of info) and therefore should be made harder. oh an how girls are still out performing the guys Biggrin

I thought the hadith in the last issue was really good, it would be great to have a hadith in very issue, as long as it was something the youth could relate to.

I like the idea of tips on staying healthy, whether it's about food or exercise. Fashion ideas is a good idea, but everyone's into different stuff.

There was a problem page in a previous issue, which I thought was alright, but I guess the success of this depends on the problems.

What about having book reviews, I think that would be good and it might inshallah get people to read more about Islam on all kinds of different subjects.

I think Ya'qub should write about his holiday in Egypt.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I concur.

How about a before and after piece?

What someones life was like before turning to Islam and what was it like afterwards?

Back in BLACK

Magazine should have a section on all the bad ideas that Muslims tend to hold about Kaafirs.

We most certainly have many misconceptions about non-Muslims; and I think the Magazine should help dispel these intolerant ideas.

Kaafirs are kaafirs but that does not mean we should hate them or encourage violence against them. They simply have their own religion which just happens to be wrong. We still need to get along with them and be polite with everyone.

What do you say?

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

"malik" wrote:
Magazine should have a section on all the bad ideas that Muslims tend to hold about Kaafirs.

We most certainly have many misconceptions about non-Muslims; and I think the Magazine should help dispel these intolerant ideas.

Kaafirs are kaafirs but that does not mean we should hate them or encourage violence against them. They simply have their own religion which just happens to be wrong. We still need to get along with them and be polite with everyone.

What do you say?

LOL,

You had me going there for a second... until the last 2 lines. lmao.

Yeah, im sure that would go down v.well.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"malik" wrote:

What do you say?

LOL,

You had me going there for a second... until the last 2 lines. lmao.

Yeah, im sure that would go down v.well.

what does 'Imao' mean?

i've seen lots of people post it. I'm guessing it stands for something...my guess is:
'Indians Make Amazing Orangejuice'

am i right?

its a L not an I and it means laughing my ass off

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
its a L not an I and it means laughing my behind off

thanks

idea for revival magazine! Should there be a news section on the magazine? :?

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

err no. something new happens every other minute and the revival gets published after like 3/4 months and by that time, the current story is history.

"Mez" wrote:
idea for revival magazine! Should there be a news section on the magazine? :?

The short answer is 'no'

Back in BLACK

how about
advertising a little for these forms
because as you know, they are kinda dead

I agree everytime I come on here Im the only registered user! lol

Dont laugh at this but what about a crossword. like an Islamic terms or knowledge crossword?

If you think about it.. it might just work well.. :?: Wink

Gulz - Are you and 'Ed twins? He had exactly the same thought!

My sort of counter is that no one does crosswords. Or it would be too simple. ("sort of" because I have no say in the matter)

"You" wrote:
Gulz - Are you and 'Ed twins? He had exactly the same thought!

My sort of counter is that no one does crosswords. Or it would be too simple. ("sort of" because I have no say in the matter)

I can sell it to ya if you want.. im a good sales woman.. lol

Honestly the youth of today might just be more into stuff like crosswords than they used to be because they are always trying to prove that they know it all!!!

How about pieces on Islamic History?? Knowledge about their history (i.e. Mughal Empire, Andalusia, etc) will build a young person's self-confidence and play a role in defining their identity.

Youth are generally uncertain of themselves. Recognising their achievements of their peers in history (i.e. Muhammad bin Qassim) will encourage them to pursue education, investing in themselves, and striving towards success for their future dunya and akhira..

Or pieces of Muslim pioneers - historical and contemporary (i.e. Jalaluddin al-Rumi, Rabia al-Adawiyya, Muhammad Iqbal.. you could quote some of their poems as well.. )

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

"Amal" wrote:
How about pieces on Islamic History?? Knowledge about their history (i.e. Mughal Empire, Andalusia, etc) will build a young person's self-confidence and play a role in defining their identity.

Youth are generally uncertain of themselves. Recognising their achievements of their peers in history (i.e. Muhammad bin Qassim) will encourage them to pursue education, investing in themselves, and striving towards success for their future dunya and akhira..

Or pieces of Muslim pioneers - historical and contemporary (i.e. Jalaluddin al-Rumi, Rabia al-Adawiyya, Muhammad Iqbal.. you could quote some of their poems as well.. )

Ali G doesn't want to know about History so how can he teach to Muslims?

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

Pages