5 Differences between the Mujahideen and the 15 British Sail

5 Differences between the Mujahideen and the 15 British Sailors
By Showkat Ali

1. The British sailors surrendered because they said they were outnumbered and out gunned and they had no choice and did the right thing.

The Mujahideen are fighting foreign occupation despite being outnumbered and outgunned they continue to fight and very rarely surrender.

2. The British sailors will sell their stories to the newspapers for 6 figure sums and get rich in the process. Many of the families of current soldiers complained that this is a disgrace.

The Mujahideen do not sell their stories for money rather they sacrifice their life for their creator gladly. As one Mujahidden in Kashmir said “When our brethren ask about us, tell them that we sacrificed our today, for their tomorrow

3. Britain and other western countries to prove equality send their women to fight leaving behind their husband and children at home.

The Mujahideen kiss their wives, mothers and daughters goodbye and leave them at home to liberate their land and secure the future for their families.

4. The British sailors were shown on Iranian TV apologising which they are now retracting and saying they were forced and manipulated into making those statements.

The Mujahidden when captured do not make grovelling apologies hence have to be tortured in the most vile and inhumane manner in places like Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo.

5. The British sailors are seen as heroes by their families and other people having survived being captured.

The Mujahideen only attain hero status when they are killed and whilst they are fighting do not seek fame or reveal their names preferring to use aliases.

Now the important question is which of these two sides will be victorious based on their principles The western Crusaders or the Muslim Mujahideen?

lii said before showkat your posts are too long but this one seems better i read all throught it well done Biggrin

goin back to the topic in the curent wester world a mujahideen is seen as a terrorist and a crusader is seen as a religious hero :roll: :roll: one actually has heart the other jus really angry he didnt win you take a wild guess which is which

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"F4NZO" wrote:
lii said before showkat your posts are too long but this one seems better i read all throught it well done Biggrin

goin back to the topic in the curent wester world a mujahideen is seen as a terrorist and a crusader is seen as a religious hero :roll: :roll: one actually has heart the other jus really angry he didnt win you take a wild guess which is which

Jzk bro

I do listen to feedback so please continue to advise me inshAllah

[url], the place to be

yh ill try but im not the bet adviser in the world or this forum Lol

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Although this particular post is short and straight to the point, it still carries some of the generalisations and simplifications that you get criticised for.

For one, you are comparing the specific actions of 15 individual British sailors to idealised actions and conceptions of unnamed non-geographically and non-politically specific Mujahideen.

It is like comparing Iraqi suicide bombers who blow up bazaars and shrines to peace-keeping educated cultured Western soldiers.

The comparison is methodologically flawed.

[list]Can you name the individual Mujahideen you speak of?

Can you give us instances where these Mujahideen have done the things you say that they do?

Do the 'Western Crusaders' or the 'Muslim Mujahideen' follow exactly the principles that you have outlined?[/list:u]

"Showkat" wrote:
one Mujahidden
one mujahid. mujahideen is plural.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Showkat" wrote:

2. The British sailors will sell their stories to the newspapers for 6 figure sums and get rich in the process. Many of the families of current soldiers complained that this is a disgrace.

i gotta agree with show off on (half) of this point...

the royal navy hostages selling the story of their “ordeal” is completely disgraceful...

our once proud armed forces have hit an all time low…

these “servicemen” are demanding £100,000 to fill us in on their arrest and 13 day detention in a comfy iranian hotel….

they deserve absolutely nothing for their oscar winning performance in front of the iranian media….

the worst culprit is that faye bird who told the sun newspaper of her harrowing experience of playing pool and writing letters to her family….

we shouldntt hv women in the front line of the military…they r bad for morale and useless in combat…

the govt shuld resign for allowing this dishonor to take place…..

brave soldiers who fought against the nazis must now be wondering why they bothered at all……..

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

Quote:
brave soldiers who fought against the nazis must now be wondering why they bothered at all……..

huh?

i think that might be pushing it...

re: selling of stories:

I don't think this is what is meant by the term 'Soldiers of Fortune'.

if the media is willing to pay them £100,000, and the british public is dumb enough to make the Sun by FAR the highest selling 'newspaper', then I just think the whole incident is a sad example of the society in which we live- not something worth getting worked up about. There are FAR worse things that british armed forces have done in recent years to make me disgusted.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

What is the problem with them selling their stories?

If people want to read them and they want to tell them why the problem with making some money?

IMO most of the people who are complaining about this would sell their stories if they had something newsworthy happen to them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

There was a MoD press conference at the time of release, and interviews with news channels etc.

I think the problems ppl have is not the fact they [u]went[/u] to the press, or the fact that they [u]sold[/u] there story. its just how [u]MUCH[/u] money they made which is a bit distgusting.

They seem to be profiting from this, it might be a bit different if a civilian was kidknapped, but the sailers they were actually just doing part of their job

I still have no issue with it.

I don't think detention is part of any job description. Only when things go wrong.

If they were making money out of others' misery, I would have a problem with it, but here, it is their own "misery" they are exploiting.

Some of their quotes do sound hypocritical (from the very sparse commentary that I have encountered), but that is for the reader to decide.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Can somebody explain how selling their stories is hypocritical? People sell stories about their lives all the time, it has nothing to do with adhering to ones military duty. And George, there are countless memoires published by WWII vets.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Quote:

huh?

i think that might be pushing it....

i dont agree....

the men (and women) who fought against the nazis for our very survival would never have demeaned their struggle by selling out to likes of the scum or the mirror for hard cash.....

they were GENUINE heros, brave, loyal, and never asked for anything other than a little respect...

my grandad fought in burma in WW2....never spoke a word about it, not even to my gran....

that was how it was in those days...

they did their duty....

didnt expect any reward for it....

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

Adrian Greaves[/url]"]Sir - As an 18-year-old second lieutenant in 1961 I was taken prisoner by communist troops. I was certainly pressed for information but I repeatedly gave my number, name and rank according to my training; my captors soon stopped questioning me. Following my release, I was left in no doubt that I should speak to no one, "not even my family" - and I didn't.

How things have changed. [i]I don't blame the military personnel, but I believe their senior officers have made a serious error by allowing the sale of their stories, and further, they have totally misjudged the mood of the British public, who admire their troops but despair at their leaders, political and military.[/i]

[b]Adrian Greaves, Tenterden, Kent[/b]

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

even the PM agrees with ur sentiments georgy boy

Tony Blair has said "in hindsight" the navy's decision to allow sailors held captive in Iran to sell their stories to the media was not a "good idea".

The government's "cheap and tatty" focus on short term headlines could cause long-term damage to the armed forces, and he said the buck stopped with the prime minister.

He said: "The fact that both Des Browne and the prime minister were informed about this and that their alarm bells were not ringing about the implications for example, for people in armed services who have been injured, people in the families of service personnel who've had people killed on active service... does seem to me extraordinary."

"In hindsight" becasue people kicked up a fuss - not because there is anything wrong with it.

"Admin" wrote:
"In hindsight" becasue people kicked up a fuss - not because there is anything wrong with it.

lol

sadly, that is correct

isn't it against army policy to talk about the job? i thought the whole issue was around the fact that a special rule was made for these few sailors, because it would benefit the gov's agenda. whilst hundreds of soldiers have died and not got anywhere near as much publicity.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
isn't it against army policy to talk about the job? i thought the whole issue was around the fact that a special rule was made for these few sailors, because it would benefit the gov's agenda.

It could benefit the governmewnte agenda. for serving members of the armed forces they cannot go public without permission. So, it is like a special rule or something.

I still have no issue with it.

Quote:
whilst hundreds of soldiers have died and not got anywhere near as much publicity.

They sure could have done with the money.

"Admin" wrote:
They sure could have done with the money.
:roll: no but their families could, seeing as how they'd be the ones selling the story...

but... but... the families were not there!

What would the story be?

Quote:
[size=18]Daughter talks of despair after recieving a call[/size]

Manchester, April 1st - Blah blah has told us of the despair she felt after recieving the call that her father had been mortally wounded in Iraq. or Afghanistan. The 9 year old was not too sure and the MoD was not willing to give out details of ongoing sensitive operations.

When asked what her father was doing she replied "ummm something important I guess."

More at 9

and that would be benefitting from the suffering of another - even if it was family. if a family got the right to do this I doubt they would as it would look an awful lot like blood money.

"*DUST*" wrote:
i thought the whole issue was around the fact that a special rule was made for these few sailors, because it would benefit the gov's agenda. whilst hundreds of soldiers have died and not got anywhere near as much publicity.

u got it spot on dust....

the govt sanctioned these kiss and tell stories as a piece of propaganda, not cos the navy personell actually suffered very much....

it back fired terribly, made the military look feeble and created large scale, totally justified, public anger...

this govt needs to go....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

"Admin" wrote:
and that would be benefitting from the suffering of another - even if it was family. if a family got the right to do this I doubt they would as it would look an awful lot like blood money.
and that's exactly why they [i]don't[/i] do it, a moral standard these sailors should've kept!

my point wasn't that people should sell their stories, it was that if the papers really want to make a story out of those on the front line, the ones who actually died for their country are probably more deserving of the recognition...