wot is the meaining of life?????????

I'm depressed and I don't understand anything Sad

Can anyone explain what life meanz>???????????????????????????????

What's the point????????????????????????/

We do all this just cos our creator wants to punish or reward us?????????????????????????

Is that it???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The number 42.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Strictly speaking if you're a guy it's to basically be God's gardener:

[i]"[size=16]And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth[/size]."[/i]

and if you're a girl it's to be a companion and helper in said activities

[i]"[size=16]And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper for him[/size]."[/i]

So yea... kind of disappointing for me since I suck at gardening... So long and thanks for all the fish!

"Guest" wrote:

We do all this just cos our creator wants to punish or reward us?????????????????????????

Hi guest. I'm guessing you're going through a rough patch, and the end doesn't seem to be in sight. Maybe you're starting to feel desperate certainly tired and weary?

I could be way off, but if that is what you're going through I will try to answer your question in that context. May God Preserve you and light up your heart and life forever with His Light.

Rather than the meaning of life I'm going to type about 'the problem of evil'. From what I may have understood from Shaykh Hamza Yusuf (17 benefits of tribulation)

The Muslim believes that when this world finishes and wraps up, there will be a final account, when the time of accounting occurs God will explain why everything including supposedly evil stuff happened. To the extent where we will all say "ooohhhh, now I understand why that was neccessary."

We Muslims don't understand those things of hurt right here and now, non-Muslims don't see thier need/meaning either; however what's supposed to make us different is that we're supposed to say "I don't understand this now, but I'm willing to be patient until its explained to me, God Willing ."

The meaning of life? I'm with Don except that I think the Garden is a metaphor for the soul/character.

Hope everything works out for you Guest. Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Strictly speaking if you're a guy it's to basically be God's gardener:

[i]"[size=16]And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth[/size]."[/i]

and if you're a girl it's to be a companion and helper in said activities

[i]"[size=16]And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper for him[/size]."[/i]

So yea... kind of disappointing for me since I suck at gardening... So long and thanks for all the fish!

i think there's more to life them 'multilpying' :roll:

"Guest" wrote:

Ya Ali Madad.

Meaning of life is to find satisfaction in your heart and be happy.
And Islam teaches us that you can only be happy when you love Imam Ali.
Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) informed us that zikar of Imam Ali is so pleasing to God that in return God gives you happiness.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

Meaning is not purpose. Meaning is implications and descriptions, and I doubt God has much use for those. Purpose is a gift you choose for yourself and others, anything you like. If you are depressed you might be depressed no matter what is your answer. Perhaps it is a cyclical thing. Don't worry if you never snap out of it. Lots of great people get depressed and achieve maginficent things when the time is right.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

i think there's more to life them 'multilpying' :roll:

No, no, no - not multiplying - [i][size=14]Gardening[/size][/i]. Genesis says men were created to take care of this big freaking world he just finished making and women are supposed to help out and keep them company.

"malik" wrote:

Ya Ali Madad.

Meaning of life is to find satisfaction in your heart and be happy.
And Islam teaches us that you can only be happy when you love Imam Ali.
Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) informed us that zikar of Imam Ali is so pleasing to God that in return God gives you happiness.

That's not going to go over well...

Yes, indeed, to remember Ali (God, the Exalted, be well pleased with him) is to remember God (Great and Glorious is He). It is hardly, however, the quintessence of life and religion.

Well, as long as you're trying to be good, you can do whatever you want. And as long as you're not trying, you can say whatever you want.So between us we can do anything. We can rule the world!

Back in BLACK

cheers me dears........................

You've helped alot with your replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

"Seek and you shall find."

is that it Guest you've got the answer you're ok now? i'd never be satisfied with that

"laila" wrote:
is that it Guest you've got the answer you're ok now? i'd never be satisfied with that

What do you mean?

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
"laila" wrote:

What do you mean?

It's a cry for help - help with grammar.

What she meant to say was the following:

Is that it Guest? You have the answer? You're OK now? I'd never be satisfied with that.

lol. I don't know why people obsess about this vague question. I especially don't know why considering or accepting or rejecting the answers people give should give rise to dissatisfaction. I don't know what "meaning of life" is supposed to mean, since meaning is such a specifically mortal thing having to do with interpretation. What colour is God? Does he use a PC or a Mac?