BBC Retreat

Any one watch this programme yesterday night about some members of the general british public attending a muslim "retreat" in spain ?

Any thoughts ? !

yeah its interesting and its having a effect on all of them especially azim and the interesting thing is htat the non-muslims aswel but the girl she anoys me questioning everything close to being a scientific muslim rather than a spiritual one and its just shows that islam has the spiritual and the scientific way of life and have to say it seemed quite easy being a muslim who prays 5 times a day it actually seemed more fun then a normal day of the life of me but any howz maduser is gettin quite in to it thanks to a changed azim

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

i think her name is aisha she really annoys me, she doesnt take part in the zikr infact she covered her ears disgrace!!
my auntie told me she knws someone who knows of aisha and that she is hardcore salafi..

re: aisha,

aini-aman, labelling her as salafi is unfair, sounds like a rumour to me and even otherwise we could do without sectarianism on here...

i don't understand why she went if she knew it was going to be a sufi retreat...? unless she wasn't made aware of that of course. i don't think it's good to go into such things without an open mind because then all u end up doing is criticising. but there was this bit where they have a meeting about it and she says 'my concern is whether the prophet (s.a.w) did this form of worship (i.e. loud zhikr in congregation)' and abdullah, the leader dude said 'i couldn't care less' which was a bit of a crass thing to say... :? on the whole i don't think abdullah answers questions all that well, he seems to dodge them or give loooong roundabout answers...

re: azim,

he seems to be getting into it in the first episode, but in clips of later episodes, he is shown to have been influenced by aisha and no longer participates in the hadhara.

the main thing i found surprising from the first episode was that the non-muslims weren't taken through the steps of prayer before going to the masjid for salaah - they must have felt well awkward... :?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

but there zikr at times seemed a bit strong in morocco but ayesha did questioned everthing

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"F4NZO" wrote:
but there zikr at times seemed a bit[b] strong [/b]in morocco

[color=indigo][b]How do you mean?[/b][/color]

i dunno but from my expereince the dancing and what not seems a little over the top and i couldnt hear what they where chanting but ayesha seemed completely agains it i would have joined in or watch but never cover my ears seems un open minded if that is a word

"F4NZO" wrote:
i dunno but from my expereince the[b] dancing[/b]

[b][color=indigo]You mean the hadrah?[/color][/b]

I just came back from Syria, when I was there my friends took me to my very 1st group zikir and it was all ok I guess. I didnt really get into it, but I dont really see a problem. All the people were very nice, and the group seemed to help each other keep focus on Allah (swt). But at the end they all turned to the grave of Imam Dagestani and started making du'aa to him! I didn't want to be rude but I wanted to ask them if they realised what they were doing is blatant shirk.

Then i started thinking about this more, and maybe I was wrong and Muslims are allowed to do things like this. There were so many people making du'aa to the graves of Prophets Zakariah and Yahya (pbut) but these people were manly Shi'aa. I've always been told that even in Madinah we're only allowed to say 'salam' the the Prophet Muhammad (saw), or have I just been talking to too many 'Wahabis'??

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"*DUST*" wrote:

and abdullah, the leader dude said 'i couldn't care less' which was a bit of a crass thing to say... :? on the whole i don't think abdullah answers questions all that well, he seems to dodge them or give loooong roundabout answers...

I agree. I think though its his way. Like he is pesumably familiar with the legal proofs but chose his way of answering it. Which I also think wasn't the best way of going about it.

Re: Azim
I think he's [i]all caught up[/i].
But I don't think he realises.

EDIT: Ya'qub regarding what you were saying. I won't advocate proofs unless others cry shirk. I will say there are views with proofs that that thing is legit. You yourself saw, there were alot of people doing it.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Did any1 watch the retreat just now???

My brother watched it and he told me that the hippy lady converted??

Back in BLACK

yeh i watched it she has converted!!!
and azim seems to be doin well

mashallah amzing progrm i want to go there