Migrating for the Winter

Does it seem like this winter is a bit... meaner... than most? We're heading down to Mexico for the baptism tomorrow, frankly I can't wait for manageable weather but I was thinking about it today, the entire northern hemisphere appears to be getting buried in ice and is reaching unheard of low temperatures in some weather systems...

Now I've never put much stock in global warming, but I've DEFINITELY been wondering about it in light of that Day After Tomorrow movie... what do you guys think? Is this the big bad global warming monster coming to bring us into a new ice age?

...anybody planning on buying beachfront property in arizona?

someone enlighten me

why do people say global warming will cause a ice age ?

i was of the understanding , that the damage we cause to the environment causes the hole in the ozone layer to get bigger then the suns rays get more dangerous and hotter, as the global temperature rises the polar ice caps melts and global flooding occurs so more like a water age

so the world will be more like the movie 'waterworld' than 'the day after tomorrow'

so where does all this ice age come from?

Britain is kept 'warm' by a north atlantic current coming from middle america.

If you look at lattitude, we are the same position as Canada, but Canada is alot colder.

If that north atlantic current is hindered, there is a chance our weather will become that like of canada's. Now imagine an average rise in temperature of a degree or so.

That would still be lower than what we get in the UK atm.

North of the midlands, most places would be snow covered for about 6 or so months of a year.

It is all a theory though. We have no idea what consequences will really happen, but this is a likely scenario for the UK.

Besides the UK likes being different. 'You say it's getting warmer? pfffft!'

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"NAS786" wrote:
someone enlighten me

why do people say global warming will cause a ice age :?:

i was of the understanding , that the damage we cause to the environment causes the hole in the ozone layer to get bigger then the suns rays get more dangerous and hotter, as the global temperature rises the polar ice caps melts and global flooding occurs so more like a water age

so the world will be more like the movie 'waterworld' than 'the day after tomorrow'

so where does all this ice age come from?

That's an excellent question.

I have absolutely no idea...

speak for ur own end of the pond Dave

we've had the warmest winter EVER

i just spend a whole day out and about shopping eating ice lollies with my sisters Biggrin

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
speak for ur own end of the pond Dave

we've had the warmest winter EVER

i just spend a whole day out and about shopping eating ice lollies with my sisters Biggrin

...I thought you were in the negatives...

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
up north might be

London was 12/13 degrees today

oh

"Admin" wrote:

If you look at lattitude, we are the same position as Canada, but Canada is alot colder.

If that north atlantic current is hindered, there is a chance our weather will become that like of canada's. Now imagine an average rise in temperature of a degree or so.

North of the midlands, most places would be snow covered for about 6 or so months of a year.

It is all a theory though. We have no idea what consequences will really happen, but this is a likely scenario for the UK.

thats doesnt answer my question and many facts are false

we are the same position as lower canada which is jus as hot or hotter than uk the rest of canada is a much higher latitude than uk so that invalidates your answer, 2006 was the hottest yr on record ever

can anyone answer my question?

[b][color=indigo]It's freezing!!! It's been raining non stop![/color][/b]

"Noor" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]It was freezing today!!! It's been raining non stop![/color][/b]

Hah! See lilsis!

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:
[b][color=indigo]It was freezing today!!! It's been raining non stop![/color][/b]

Hah! See lilsis!

She's not from my end

wake up Dave

UK might not be as big as the USA but we do have a North, East, South and West which all consist of varying weathers :roll:

Rained up here in manchester.

Anyone surprised? Anyone?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"NAS786" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

thats doesnt answer my question and many facts are false

we are the same position as lower canada which is jus as hot or hotter than uk the rest of canada is a much higher latitude than uk so that invalidates your answer, 2006 was the hottest yr on record ever

can anyone answer my question?

[url= Global Warming May Cause the Next Ice Age[/url]

[url= We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age?[/url]

[url= warming will plunge Britain into new ice age 'within decades'[/url]

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

i'd love a beachfront property if ur buying Dave Wink

If i had the money id definately buy a beachhouse but it would have to be a clean secluded beach, private if possible. Walks on the beach, jogging, praying, watching the sun set and rise that's something i've often dreamed of. Kids love beaches so it would be ideal.

It hasn't been so cold that i've wished to migrate as a kid i remember more blustery chaotic weather than this. A bit of cold never hurt no one, keeps you on ur toes!

"yashmaki" wrote:
i'd love a beachfront property if ur buying Dave Wink

If i had the money id definately buy a beachhouse but it would have to be a clean secluded beach, private if possible. Walks on the beach, jogging, praying, watching the sun set and rise that's something i've often dreamed of. Kids love beaches so it would be ideal.

It hasn't been so cold that i've wished to migrate as a kid i remember more blustery chaotic weather than this. A bit of cold never hurt no one, keeps you on ur toes!

lol... that was kind of a joke, Arizona is a landlocked desert. But with global warming and melting icecaps it might not be so landlocked anymore...

lol I guess the icey cold blast of air keeps you on your toes (or makes them fall off due to frostbite) but I still prefer tropical weather...

I actually kinda miss our place in South Carolina! Annette doubly so ([url=) because it was so close to her parents and because I had them add on a dance studio for her for valentines day and she wants to see it. The biggest amenity was that we have a field - I can actually keep my horses at home, a little bit of some forest and a private beach, really the best of all possible scenarios. And the girls haven't even been in the rooms we built for them...

The bestest best thing about beaches and kids are that they open up a whole world of activities... sailing, swimming. fishing, attemping to fly (no comment). I used to spend almost all day on our beach, since I was out of sight and therefore out of mom's wrath AND there was so much to do.

Got in the habit of sailing two hours to get to Annette... that was lots of fun. Lots of happy memories on the water Biggrin

And with that, I've got a plane to catch. I still dunno about this... I always get into a lot of trouble in Mexico, lol and Annette has to translate almost everything for me because my version of spanish is basically screaming at people in english...

And I KNOW I'm going to get in trouble in Disney World... I always demand hugs and photo ops with Mickey, Goofy and Donald Duck, which is pretty funny because they are kids about my age. And there is this breakfast thing on a docked steam boat with the disney characters (I think its in the magic kingdom or pleasure island...) that is going to be awesome for my princesses!! There is a whole lot more I bet babies could do at Disney...

It's going to be great!

Unless I get in trouble in Mexico...

"Adios"

u remind me of the people I watch on MTV Cribs and "Fabulous life" :shock: :shock:

Snob :twisted:

I briefly went out in Paris yesterday and it was a glorious, perfect summer's day.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

This sort of seems the right topic. Last night there was aprogram on called 5 ways to save the planet (from the effects of global warming). It was about using different technologies to protect and cool the planet down.

I had an idea too. Why don't don't we go back to the bronze age. No cars, no aeroplanes, no nuclear or coal powered power stations. Just trees, water and survival.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Paris. I forgot the Dirol .

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
u remind me of the people I watch on MTV Cribs and "Fabulous life" :shock: :shock:

Snob :twisted:

lol interesting you should mention Fabulous life... we (Annette & I, not my parents) got our place in Marthas Vineyard from the Westside Estate Agency.

Yea... Annette is really uncomfortable with all of this... I've come to the unfortunate realization I can't put it off forever and it's time to make some serious charitable commitments...

In the mean time though, my little mermaids are baptised! (and I have not gotten in trouble) Just like proper Catholics, my best friend Sean and his wife are their godparents, so we're off to the most magical place in the entire world... [i]Disney[/i], I'm really excited! I called the place we are staying (which is fantastic!) and asked them to have a baby activities schedule for me and they told me that Disney just added a whole new kingdom completely devoted to animals which is [i]per[/i]-fect for babies! I'm definitely thinking that will be good for Olivia, she loves animals (or at least the stuffed ones we give them), and Isabella is my adventurous daughter so going to go to that nations of the world thing.

ohhh and there is this Disney princesses thing!! (you wouldn't believe how eclectic my DVD collection has become since they were born eg Gladiator, the Patriot, *the Little Mermaid*, Kingdom of Heaven) I think it'l be great though! I have no idea what it is but apparently it's for little girls (I dunno how they are defining "little") so that will be fabulous. I guess we're not supposed to go to any of the big character appearances because the crowds get crazy and sometimes the characters can scare small children BUT! They said the Cinderella Suprise appearance is perfect because it's only a pretty princess surrounded by pretty things from a very great distance - in other words visually interesting to stare at but not frightening!

AND! the resort we're staying at has a nursery for when they get really tired or Annette and I want to enjoy and hour or two together during the evening (dinner + fireworks)

Then of course is the magic kingdom!

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! I'll tell you what I don't normally go for middle america activities like summer camps, et cetera but I'm totally digging Disney.