What is "Honour"?

I asked, "Can a man who lies, cheats, steals and sometimes does violence to other people be a man of honor?"

I was told, "He can if he lies to liars, cheats cheaters, steals from thieves and limits his violence to those who are violent."

Do you agree, forum?

What does Honour mean to you?

I think wrong is always wrong.

Honour means a lot to me, but I think some of the older generation get a bit crazy about it and take things to extreme and put other people's happiness before their own or their kids. For example, a lot of parents don't support their kids when they want to do stuff which isn't wrong, but is different to what other people are doing in the community. I hate that - my parents are really, really strict and us kids are not allowed to do loads of 'normal' stuff, not because my parents disapprove or don't trust us, but because they think other ppl will disapprove. That sooooo gets on my nerves. I'm not going to be like that with my kids, if I believe it's right I'll always stick up for them - other ppl can talk all they like. When I care about what they think, I'll let them know.

"Seraphim" wrote:

Pride and arrogance is often mistaken for honour.

Honour to me means being backwards.

You opn;y hide behind honour when there is nothing else holding you up.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Real honour is humility, kindness and grace.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

and is not called honour.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salaam

Honour is that your tongue and hand is congruent with your heart. Honour is doing the right thing. Thats the definition Admin, I won't accept anything less (by way of deffinition).

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I think we are getting a little philosophical.

So, to get back to the point, it does not matter as long as you do the right thing.

"Seraphim" wrote:

Using all your abilities for good and keeping loyal to God, family and country.