Radicals warned of treason risk

Quote:
[size=18]Radicals warned of treason risk[/size]

Islamist radicals who express support for terrorism may face treason charges, the Attorney General's Office has said.

Lord Goldsmith and the Director of Public Prosecutions Ken Macdonald have discussed action against three individuals, a spokeswoman said.

The Crown Prosecution Service's head of anti-terrorism will meet Scotland Yard officers in the next few days.

Omar Bakri Mohammed, Abu Izzadeen and Abu Uzair are all expected to come under scrutiny.
[url= News[/url]

I wonder why Sinn Fein were never charged. Nor Plaid Cymru nor the SNP.

They all want power to return to ther regions, breaking apart the UK. Is that not treason?

Salam

Does that mean that MP George Galloway will be charged with treason after he said last week that those Iraqis who were killing the British soldiers were doing a good job ?

He said the Iraqi rebels were martyrs.

What is this world coming to.

Omrow

[size=18]Firebrand cleric flees[/size]
[b]
The controversial Muslim cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed has fled Britain for Beirut after suggestions he was among a group of radicals who could be charged with treason.[/b]

Omar Bakri Mohammed is the leader of radical sect Al-Muhajiroun, which Tony Blair revealed last week he was thinking of banning.

Bakri Mohammed desribed the September 11 terrorists as 'magnificent', and has urged followers to kill non-Muslims

Last Friday, he told Channel 4 News that even if he knew extremists were about to plant bopbs in this country he would not report them to the police.

The chairman of the Muslim Council of Britain, Sir Iqbal Sacranie, described his departure as "good news".

He told Channel 4 News: "That is something which will bring happiness and joy to the community."

Earlier three of the men accused of last month's attempted London bombings appeared in court for the first time, surrounded by tight security, charged with attempting to murder passengers on the city's transport system.

A fourth man was also accused of conspiracy to murder. All four were remanded in custody.

[url= 4 News[/url]

[img]

one great step for mankind....

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam
so what do people really think about bakri leaving...

dont tell me there are people out there who agree or sympathise with him?

now he's saying he will come back to the UK if he is wanted...not why would anybody want him here???

wasalaam

The man was all talk.

I have no opinion regarding him leaving. But I still don't think we've heard the last of him.

He'll always be vocal-wherever he goes.

[size=18]Radical Islamic cleric denies quitting UK for good[/size]

[b]LONDON (Reuters) - An outspoken British-based Muslim cleric who left the country in the wake of a government pledge to crack down on radical Islamists said on Tuesday he had merely gone on holiday and planned to return.[/b]

Syrian-born Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed, who has lived in Britain for 20 years, left for Lebanon on Saturday and associates said he would not come back.

Bakri said on Tuesday he had decided to take a short break from the country because he feared the government was using clerics like him as an excuse to rush in new laws and "put pressure on the Muslim community".

"I decided myself to go on holiday, which is for four or five weeks and stay with my mother back home," he said.

"I am going to return ... unless this government says you are not welcome."

Bakri, who used to live in Lebanon and holds Lebanese citizenship, had already said he might leave Britain to avoid retroactive charges under new anti-terrorism measures planned following last month's attacks on London's transport system.

The cleric has become a hate figure for the local tabloid press, which has urged the government to rein him in.

[url= News[/url]

Makes me so mad :x :x :x

"irfghan" wrote:

"I am going to return ... unless this government says you are not welcome."

chances of letting him return..? :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.