Stop and search muslims/asians!!!!

Ethnic groups 'accept searches'

Ch Supt Ali Dizaei says respect is the 'key'
People from ethnic minorities will understand being stopped by police after the attacks, a senior officer has claimed.

You can also watch the following video from the above link:
[b]BBC NEWS:VIDEO AND AUDIO
Muslims give their reaction to the "stop and search" policy [/b]

[b]SO DO YOU THINK THE STOP AND SEARCH OF ASIANS AND MUSLIMS AFTER 7/7 IS ACCEPTABLE OR RACIST AND UNACCEPTABLE?[/b]

HAVE YOUR SAY?

wasalaam

in light of current affairs-its understandable

dont make a big deal out of it

ALL suicide bombers in 7/7 and the one which took place two weeks after have all been "Asian"

so obvioulsy it makes sense to stop Asians more

if a person aint got anything to hide-a big deal shouldnt be made of it

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
in light of current affairs-its understandable

dont make a big deal out of it

ALL suicide bombers in 7/7 and the one which took place two weeks after have all been "Asian"

so obvioulsy it makes sense to stop Asians more

if a person aint got anything to hide-a big deal shouldnt be made of it

salaam

dont make a big deal?
people ar ebeing stopped because they look Muslim and asian ...and u say dont make a big deal? this is called racism, discrimination, Islamophobia and it is exactly what the terrorists want.

and excuse me a few of the suspects were black/ africans.... so why target just asians...

and also just targetting muslims will created hatred against the police and teh government and it will create sympathy for the extremists....

also when IRA have carried their attacks for 30 years were al lIrish people stopped and arrested? after Oklahoma bombing were all christians stopped and searched?

so , stop and searching just Muslim and asian looking people is not acceptable.

wasalaam

Disagree.

in that link u posted it said

"People do not mind being stopped and searched, provided that it is explained to them, provided they're dealt with respect, and provided they're dealt with courtesy, and I think that is the key, and there's every indication so far since the seventh of July that that understanding has been taking place across London"

and I agree with that-like Afro said once there's nothing wrong with dropping a bit of pride sumtimes

sterotypes are unavoidable-

fews weeks ago I was walking with my sister in Manchester-couple of big scary looking balck guys were trying to get our attention-we blanked them cos they were scary looking- but they followed us.....when we decided to hear them out they told us that they had found a little asian boy who had lost his mum ...and if we could help out-cos the lil boy only spoke Urdu which they couldnt understand...

we took the lil boy of them and they asked us "Why did u blank us-Is it cos we're black?" we had no answer for that- of course that's why we blanked them...cos in London its always them who mug people

u cant help but stereotype people on the basis of what some people in that race are known to do

so its only natural that if members of the ethnic minority are nearly alway known to be terrorists they'll be stopped more

and I'm sure now that some of the suspects were black/african they too will also be more likely to stopped and searched

and regarding Irish people-how can u tell the diff between an Irish and an English?

if u wer walking down the street and wer singled out and stopped and searched-what would u lose?

I agree with Lil Sis on this one.

Yeh in a way we are being discriminated against but it is as lil sis said "understandable"... At the end of the day it was Muslims who carried out these brutal attacks.

And we don't have anything to hide... and those who do deserve to be found out.

I don't neccessarily agree that by stopping asians/muslims, the police's hatred will grow... they'll see that we are not an extreme religion that promotes such activities.

If they do stop and search us and see that we don't have anything to hide they'll gain a better understanding of our religion and hopefully become more open-minded towards Muslims.

If we kick up a big fuss they'll have more of a reason to suspect us and we'll be fitting right into the sterotypical view of Muslims they already have.

At the end of the day we have to make things easier for ourselves and our fellow Muslims.

Quote:
and excuse me a few of the suspects were black/ africans.... so why target just asians...

They said they'll be targeting ethnic minorities so won't black/africans also come under this category.

Irish people should also have been stopped and searched but then again their attacks weren't no where as severe as the attacks carried out by these so-called Muslims throughout the world.

"chm1" wrote:

If we kick up a big fuss they'll have more of a reason to suspect us and we'll be fitting right into the sterotypical view of Muslims they already have.

At the end of the day we have to make things easier for ourselves and our fellow Muslims.

Good point

I also think that muslims shoudnt kick up a fuss for no reason

and like u said-if we do it'll give them a reason to think we have sumin to hide

We can't run away from the fact that Muslims carried out the sucide attacks.

We have to face the consequences of their actions.

Muslims are meant to be united and if there are a select few that are giving us a bad name and have made up their own view on Islam then we have to work together to find them even if it does mean that we have to be stopped and searched and discriminated against.

sorry i disagree with u both.

[b]if the terrorists were not Muslim would the same actions be carried out? i dont think so.[/b]

Shami Chakrabati of Liberty said this is basically falling in to the hands of the terrorists. now the terrorists know police are only suspicious of asians and blacks, so now they can recruit white terrorists.

the london bombers were terrorists full stop, terrorism has no religion. now the whole muslim population in UK have to pay for their actions and be the victims!!!

it stinks!

wasalaam

I don't know what to think about police targeting Muslims for stop and searches. Safe to say I do feel victamised when I am stopped and searched.

But you won't get any Methodists distributing Al-Qaeda videos, or any Scientologists trying to blow themselves up in London.

So Mr Ed, if u were skipping along minding ur own buisness, knowing- as we all do that ur no threat to society and the police stopped u-

would u get all defensive and refuse to be searched telling them that "terrorism has no religion"

or would u happily oblige giving them no reason to suspect u-leaving them thinking that Muslims on the whole are pretty, decent people?

terrorism has NO religion- BUT the terrorists WERE Muslims-thats a fact

"yashmaki" wrote:

When the IRA was at the height of it's violence there was no stop and search law was there? Yes the IRA are largely white men but surely then it would have been fair cop to randomly search any white men in the uk? How could that be viewed as injust? Surely it's the same as what is happening to the muslims now?

yes there was...

when da IRA was bombing us, da irish in britain got it hard...most irish working in "senistive" areas were sacked cos they were a "security risk"

its easy to tell a irishman from an englishman...their names r different, their accent, their religion, the area dey live in...

look...if da suspects r muslims, den its obviously muslims who r gonna get stopped most...

2 + 2 = 4 :roll:

how many muslims were stopped in da 1970-98 IRA campaign? Was there any black or asian IRA members? i think not...

does it make sense to stop a rastafarian or a old hindu lady after the recent attacks?...

the irish got it hard....in fact dey were da principle victims of da IRA...

in da same way, muslims r gonna suffer worse cos of da bombers...these bombers have made the life of british muslims a whole lot harder...

maybe dats wot they want...to divide da communities and gain support for their violent outrages from muslims who r attacked by ******* who blame all muslims for these attacks

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

i dont agree with it

in the week after the attacks one of my cousins was coming back from leeds...they had been on a residential trip and they were in a group of about 10 people...there were also white people in the group...the team leader from the trip had gone to the train station with them to make sure they got on the train okay and everything

the police stopped the group and wanted 2 search their luggage (it was a 5 day trip so understandably they had big bags with them) the police officer/s actually asked which of you are Muslim...and that their only gona search the Muslims! the team leader (who btw was also asian but was a sikh) she flipped and told them where 2 get off...she said if your gona search your gona search all of them not just the Muslims....she DID kick up a fuss and eventually the cops let them go without searching them...probably realised their stupidity...my cousin doesnt even wear hijab so its not even that they just targeting Islamic dressed Muslims...when i heard about it i was well shocked....i used to have respect 4 the police but im not so sure now...

the police can easily misuse this new found authority to stop any1 that they want...we all will feel victimised when we HAVNT DONE ANYTHING WRONG!

im no fan of the police but if some just used their head they wud understand pretty soon that people who are ethnic are the ones that should be searched at the moment cos they the ones involved.

A lot of things I dislike or disagree with about this government but this issue that oh we being discrimintated bblah blah blah is a load of rubbish. Its not like u gonna die by being searched or that ur life is gonna change cos u miss the tube or miss that particular bus.

However if a male copper searches a muslim lady that is not on, ESPECIALLY if she is in purdah and then a copper comes along and starts searching her. I got a MAJOR problem with that.

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

If its only ethnics that are stopped, not only is it discrimination, but the terrorist will turn to using caucasians.

Besides from the second attempt I don't think anyone was from the indopak region(?)

What will really hurt us if we feel disillusioned and feel targetted by police. Not only will it lead to extremism, but also to information being witheld that may be crucial to stopping future attacks.

Lilsis: allowing yourself to be searched does not mean you should be happy with it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

Lilsis: allowing yourself to be searched does not mean you should be happy with it.

I never mentioned that u should be happy about it

its a massive/annoying inconvenience

all I said it that a person shouldnt kick up a fuss

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

It seems that I agree with you on something Lady Muslima.

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

"AbdusSalamBiharwi" wrote:

However if a male copper searches a muslim lady that is not on, ESPECIALLY if she is in purdah and then a copper comes along and starts searching her. I got a MAJOR problem with that.

That a whole diff issue IMO.

We as men should allow ourselves to get searched but then again if a Muslim ister is involved then the police have to make allowances for them in order for them not to go against the teachings of Islam.

They should have women police officers preferably Muslim women available for them to carry out the searches and they should also ensure that they don't carry out the search in an public place.

If they don't make allowances for women then by all means they should kick up a fuss.

But i think that living in Britain, the police can be quite understanding of others religion so it won't be a major issue for them.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

You need to show you are not happy with it, and tell them you don't want it to become the norm. In my book that is called kicking up a fuss.

:twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

This is exactly how freedom and democracy come to an end.

Searching Asains will do more harm than good. The chances of them catching some1 in this mannor is soo small that its rediculas. Its like throwing a net to catch a bullet.

All thats gonna come from this is inciting hatred towards the police and government. Thats like saying all black people are theives and if you see one in a flash car, he must have stolen it and the cops should stop him. :roll:

Honestly, which clever-clog comes up with these doo-doobag ideas?

Back in BLACK

what are they exacly gona search for? documents that can possible link them to terorism, i dont think any terorist would be dumb enough to carry that and plus what if they have a bomb on them and they decide to come up to them and search them, there goes the copper and the terrorist!

How not to get your ass kicked by the police

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylVqJaV_BK0]

What came of this searching thing then?

Does/Did it happen?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

I knew someone who moved down south to Londonistan and he found it annoying that he got randomly stopped and searched a number of times (the number may have been 2, but it was within like a week of him moving or something).

Photographers were also a while ago annoyed that they kept on being searched and their cameras confiscated in public areas under grounds of security etc, but I think that got dealth with different legislation I think a few months ago.

I've lived in London all my life and never been stopped and searched.

I normally wear a thowb, even when going Uni. Which means traveling on a packed train in rush hour going past Canary Wharf wearing a rucksack.

You wrote:
I knew someone who moved down south to Londonistan and he found it annoying that he got randomly stopped and searched a number of times (the number may have been 2, but it was within like a week of him moving or something).

Photographers were also a while ago annoyed that they kept on being searched and their cameras confiscated in public areas under grounds of security etc, but I think that got dealth with different legislation I think a few months ago.

Ive never been stopped :/

mayb he was hanging around dodgy places

Back in BLACK