Holocaust cartoon fair opens in Iran

Quote:
[size=18][b]Holocaust cartoon fair opens in Iran [/b][/size]

[b]An international contest of cartoons on the Holocaust opened in Tehran in response to the publication in Western papers last September of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed.

"We staged this fair to explore the limits of freedom Westerners believe in," Masoud Shojai, head of the country's "Iran Cartoon" association and the fair organizer, said.

"They can freely write anything they like about our prophet, but if one raises doubts about the Holocaust he is either fined or sent to prison," he added.

"Though we do not deny that fact that Jews were killed in the (second world) war, why should the Palestinians pay for it?" Shojai told the opening ceremony of the month-long fair in Tehran's Palestine Contemporary Art Museum.

He added that around 1,100 cartoons were submitted by participants from more than 60 countries and that more than 200 are on show.

He said the top three cartoons will be announced on September 2, with the winners being awarded prizes of 12,000, 8,000 and 5,000 dollars respectively.

Shojai did not elaborate on the source of the prize money, but emphasized that it did not come from any governmental body.

The fair is being staged by Iran Cartoon and the country's largest selling newspaper Hamshahri newspaper, which is published by Tehran's conservative municipality.

The contest was announced in February in a tit-for-tat move after caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed were first printed in Denmark and then picked up and published worldwide, enraging Muslims.

Iran's fiercely anti-Israeli regime is supportive of so-called Holocaust revisionists, who maintain that the systematic slaughter by the Nazis of mainland Europe's Jews and other groups during World War II was either invented or exaggerated.

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has also prompted international anger by dismissing the Holocaust as a "myth" used to justify the creation of Israel.[/b]
Sources: [url]

lol... there must be something wrong with the water in that country. It's like they specialize in being bizarre and reactionary

Lol

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

What is wronmg with people out there?

This is a complete and utter micktake.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Let the boundaries of the so called freedom of speech be tested. They have taken too far by insulting our prophet Mohammed (pbuh). Many people have lost their lives defending what they believe. While these kufars sat back and enjoyed the uproar of the Muslims. Afterwards they have labeled us extremists, flag burners, and so and so. Some even couldn’t comprehend the fact that why Muslims were reacting in such a manner? What idiotic question! You poke a lion with a stick then you ask your why is it reacting in such a manner. Now i wonder if a lion would give you time to question yourself. What angered many Muslims weren't the cartoons but how they defended on the grounds of freedom of speech. Instead of quarantining the fire they have put gasoline into it

You can't escape from DEATH. So be prepared

Aside from people on this forum rolling their eyes at the Iranians for acting like impetuous children nobody in the West seems to care.

I'm just curious why the Iranians went after [i]Jews[/i] the Danes I would understand, America sure - we get blaimed for everything, but Jews? From a country whose leadership claimes to the world they aren't antisemitic.

Then again this is Iran, they only thing they routinely impress me with is their ever increasing propensity to do something bizarre.

"Odysseus" wrote:

Then again this is Iran, they only thing they routinely impress me with is their ever increasing propensity to do something bizarre.

bruv u dnt knw the half of it.

These iranians are worse than zionists IMHO.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Iran, nooo.

It is not in the Sunnah to reward one wrong with another.

And Dave, they use the excuse that, the west holds the holocaust sacred.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
Iran, nooo.

Well that excuse is invalid, as if the west did hold the event sacred, we are not allowed to just willynilly insult what others hold sacred.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Dawud" wrote:
Iran, nooo.

Well that excuse is invalid, as if the west did hold the event sacred, we are not allowed to just willynilly insult what others hold sacred.

Exactly, it makes us bad as them, no difference between them and us. It's not what the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would have done, at times like this we defo need to look back and take advice from the Sunnah.

i think it was a good idea

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
i think it was a good idea

why?

"Angel" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
"Dawud" wrote:
Iran, nooo.

Exactly, it makes us bad as them, no difference between them and us. It's not what the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) would have done, at times like this we defo need to look back and take advice from the Sunnah.

most defenitly sis at teh end of teh day its teh sunnah we need to all look back at and live or at least try to live and practise to implement against.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

because its saying that if non-muslims can make cartoons of the prophet and use freedom of expression as an excuse, then muslims can take the mick out of the holocaust and use the same excuse.

But too wrongs do not make a right.

We have been asked to respect others.

We should be showing that we do not mock others, and expect th same back. Not the other way around.

yeah, but the people who did the drawings knew it would be really offensive to muslims, but they still drew the pictures. they wanted a reaction, and got one. so now it's our turn. anyway they started the whole thing, they can finish it. if they thought muslims are gonna sit back and just take it they are stupid.

It was European papers that did this, not jewish ones.

but european countries were involved weren't they? with the holocaust, i mean?

"zara" wrote:
yeah, but the people who did the drawings knew it would be really offensive to muslims, but they still drew the pictures. they wanted a reaction, and got one. so now it's our turn. anyway they started the whole thing, they can finish it. if they thought muslims are gonna sit back and just take it they are stupid.

yes i know they did get a reaction know they know that anything of that sort ever happens again teh ummah will stand firmly against it.
Bt at teh same time we muslims are not like taht yeh wat tehy did was very wrong we cud have easliy made a drawing of someone religious to them and took the mick out of taht bt we muslims are not like taht . Allah swt aware of all,a punishment will be delivered to them by all means Allah swt is teh best judge of punishements.

"zara" wrote:

Zara, as Muslims we know that taking the mick out of other religons is sinful, as muslims we are taught to respect peoples religion not to abuse them. Yes the Racist Cartoons which were published was wrong and the whole ummah was insulted, but we dont now go and do exatly what they did, we don't stoop to their level.

The prophet of Allah had so much grief by the kufa, but did he go about it, by burning buildings, fighting, no he didnt, he responded in a differnt approach, now as muslims we should look at the sunnah and see hw the prophet of allah dealt with such issues and follow his example.

As everthing is in Allah's control, Allah Ta'alla could have stoped them racist cartoons but he didnt, how do we no whether if that was a test from Allah ta'alla to the muslims to see how we dealt with the matter and whether if we used to sunnah to deal with or not.

Ther was a funeral and the body was being carried and the prophet of allah was siting by and he stood up. A sahaba said to the prophet of Allah "the man who they are carrying was a jew" then the prophet replied "was he not a human?"
Now from this hadeeth, we can see how much respect the prophet of Allah had to other faiths, so why cant we?
Just beacuse the prophet of Allah isnt here in his physical form, it dsnt mean we forget his sunnah.

forget all the rubbish i said before, i understand now.

"zara" wrote:
forget all the rubbish i said before, i understand now.

Good.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

Zara, as Muslims we know that taking the mick out of other religons is sinful, as muslims we are taught to respect peoples religion not to abuse them. Yes the Racist Cartoons which were published was wrong and the whole ummah was insulted, but we dont now go and do exatly what they did, we don't stoop to their level.

The prophet of Allah had so much grief by the kufa, but did he go about it, by burning buildings, fighting, no he didnt, he responded in a differnt approach, now as muslims we should look at the sunnah and see hw the prophet of allah dealt with such issues and follow his example.

As everthing is in Allah's control, Allah Ta'alla could have stoped them racist cartoons but he didnt, how do we no whether if that was a test from Allah ta'alla to the muslims to see how we dealt with the matter and whether if we used to sunnah to deal with or not.

Ther was a funeral and the body was being carried and the prophet of allah was siting by and he stood up. A sahaba said to the prophet of Allah "the man who they are carrying was a jew" then the prophet replied "was he not a human?"
Now from this hadeeth, we can see how much respect the prophet of Allah had to other faiths, so why cant we?
Just beacuse the prophet of Allah isnt here in his physical form, it dsnt mean we forget his sunnah.

well said noor u explain that beautifully couldn't have explain that better myself Smile

they knew how nut cases would react to the cartoons.

they wanted to increase islamophobia and they did

most people are zionists

sure its sick but ya gotta teach them a lesson about freedom to insult

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"judda" wrote:

sure its sick but ya gotta teach them a lesson about freedom to insult

yh bt didn't we teach them a lesson when we all stood up in protest marches and various others. I think we more then gave them a lesson to learn never ever insult Islam

They just insulted us and said we were violent over petty issues.
I was infuriated by the cartoons, I want those who argued for freedom to insult to be infuriated the way I was - to see how they like it.
The legacy Muhammad s.a.w. is infinitely more important then those people that died in the holocaust.
Wasalam

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

two wrongs do not make a right.

And those who did the inslulting cartoons would most likely see this as flattery, not ire.

"judda" wrote:
They just insulted us and said we were violent over petty issues.
I was infuriated by the cartoons, I want those who argued for freedom to insult to be infuriated the way I was - to see how they like it.
The legacy Muhammad s.a.w. is infinitely more important then those people that died in the holocaust.
Wasalam

We all are angry over the racist cartoons, we all know where ur coming from but it dsnt meen we stoop to their level. Where better than them.

Everything happens for a reason and Allah only knows why he allowed them to be published.

Inshallah they'll get the punishment they deserve.

Salam

I met some Iranians in Manchester. They are so many of them over here.

I asked a girl who goes to Manchester University why is it that their country is taking the mick out of Jews.

She said that freedom of expression is one of our fundemental right too. It does not only belong to Israel.

Another Iranian girl - very pretty - replied that in Denmark people are
free to take the mick out of us. We are more free over in Iran.

I wanted to stay and chat more but I had to go. Damn. Time flies when you are in Manchester.

Omrow