Post your favorite hadeeth.

This is my favorite one:

[i]Volume 7, Book 62, Number 24:
Narrated Sahl bin Sad As-Sa'idi: [/i]
A woman came to Allah's Apostle and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have come to give you myself in marriage (without Mahr)." Allah's Apostle looked at her. He looked at her carefully and fixed his glance on her and then lowered his head. When the lady saw that he did not say anything, she sat down. A man from his companions got up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! If you are not in need of her, then marry her to me." The Prophet said, "Have you got anything to offer?" The man said, "No, by Allah, O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet said (to him), "Go to your family and see if you have something." The man went and returned, saying, "No, by Allah, I have not found anything." Allah's Apostle said, "(Go again) and look for something, even if it is an iron ring." He went again and returned, saying, "No, by Allah, O Allah's Apostle! I could not find even an iron ring, but this is my Izar (waist sheet)." He had no rida. He added, "I give half of it to her." Allah's Apostle said, "What will she do with your Izar? If you wear it, she will be naked, and if she wears it, you will be naked." So that man sat down for a long while and then got up (to depart). When Allah's Apostle saw him going, he ordered that he be called back. When he came, the Prophet said, "How much of the Quran do you know?" He said, "I know such Sura and such Sura," counting them. The Prophet said, "Do you know them by heart?" He replied, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I marry her to you for that much of the Quran which you have."

"cricketgal" wrote:
why is that your favourite one akhi?

I thought it was hilarious. The man was so desperate to marry her kinda funny that.

Understand what you know.

I wonder why that was your favourite Hadith :roll:

Im sure you might have found it amusing and completely missed the whole moral. But there are many other hadiths that teach manners, morals and promote that whole idea of peace which you could have chosen.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

[color=magenta]you know what brother, just ignore him, Angel is right we shouldnt listen to his rubbish he just wants to aggravate us, [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
Yes very well said sis Wink

Check out Amal post Wink

Well, this is one! of my favourite ahadith:

[b]My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.
- Hadith Qudsi [/b]

Smile

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Our Prophet(saw) said Guard yourselves from six things, and I am your security for Paradise. When you speak, speak the truth; perform when you promise; discharge your trust; be chaste in thought and action; and withhold your hand from striking, from taking that which is unlawful, and bad

"Amal" wrote:
Well, this is one! of my favourite ahadith:

[b]My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.
- Hadith Qudsi [/b]

Smile

Subhan'Allah!!

I've got many favourite Hadith Shareefs, i would be all day if i was to right them all down!

If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel saying, 'Allah loves so and-so; O Gabriel you love him too.’ Gabriel will then also love him and make an announcement amongst the angles 'Allah loves so-and-so, therefore you should love him too,' and so all the angles of the Heaven will also love him, and then he is granted the love (made popular)on earth.”

Such is the reward of love for the sake of Allah (swt). A person who loves for the sake of Allah (swt) is not only loved by Allah (swt) but also by the pious inhabitants of the earth as well as the heavens.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel saying, 'Allah loves so and-so; O Gabriel you love him too.’ Gabriel will then also love him and make an announcement amongst the angles 'Allah loves so-and-so, therefore you should love him too,' and so all the angles of the Heaven will also love him, and then he is granted the love (made popular)on earth.”

Such is the reward of love for the sake of Allah (swt). A person who loves for the sake of Allah (swt) is not only loved by Allah (swt) but also by the pious inhabitants of the earth as well as the heavens.

Subhan'Allah!! So beautiful!

"Seven kinds of people will be sheltered under the shade of God on the Day of Judgment...

They are: a just ruler... [b]a youngster who passed his youth in the worship and service of God[/b]...one whose heart is attached to the mosque...two people who love each other for the sake of God...a man who is invited to sin...but declines, saying 'I fear God'...one who spends his charity in secret, without making a show...and one who remembers God in solitude so that his eyes overflow. "

Riyadh-us-Salaheen, Hadith 376

Subhannallah. Now is our opportunity. Strive to be under one group atleast inshallah.

< You turn to Him with divine obedience
He turns to you with Divine Love >

It is reported in Tirmidhi amongst other compilations, that Abu Darda said,
[b]“I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) say: ‘Whoever travels a path seeking sacred knowledge, Allah (swt) will place him on a path leading to Paradise. The angels lower their wings for the student of sacred knowledge, pleased with what he is doing. The creatures in the heavens and earth seek forgiveness for the student of sacred knowledge, even the fish in the water. The superiority of the religious scholar over the devout worshipper is like the superiority of the full moon over other heavenly bodies. The religious scholars are the heirs of the prophets. The prophets leave no money as a bequest, rather they leave knowledge. Whoever seizes it has taken a bountiful share.’”[/b]

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

“I do not fit into My heaven nor My Earths, but I fit into the hearts of My faithful servants”

Hadith Qudsi

"Sirus" wrote:
It is reported in Tirmidhi amongst other compilations, that Abu Darda said,
[b]“I heard the Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) say: ‘Whoever travels a path seeking sacred knowledge, Allah (swt) will place him on a path leading to Paradise. The angels lower their wings for the student of sacred knowledge, pleased with what he is doing. The creatures in the heavens and earth seek forgiveness for the student of sacred knowledge, even the fish in the water. The superiority of the religious scholar over the devout worshipper is like the superiority of the full moon over other heavenly bodies. The religious scholars are the heirs of the prophets. The prophets leave no money as a bequest, rather they leave knowledge. Whoever seizes it has taken a bountiful share.’”[/b]

Cray 2

Jazaakallahu khayran for posting that.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

[b][color=red]The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said to Ibn Abbas:[/color]
[color=orange]
"If the whole nation were to gather together to benefit you they would only benefit you with that which Allah had already written you and if the whole nation were to gather to harm you they could only harm you with that which Allah had already written to harm you. The pen has been lifted and the ink has dried".[/color][/b]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

[color=magenta]I love this one so beautiful mashaAllah :[/color]

[size=18][b]
[color=red]I (Allah) was a Hidden treasure,[/color]

[color=blue]Then I wished to be discovered,
[/color]
[color=green]Therefore I Created the universe.[/color]

[color=indigo][Hadith Qudsi][/color][/b][/size]

Musical Instruments cause hypocricy to grow in the heart just as water causes crops to grow.

Bayhaqi

One who revives my sunnah when my entire nation will be corrupt, for him is the reward of a hundred martyrs

Bayhaqi

Whoever imitates a nation is among them.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

[b][color=DarkTurquoise]In his Sahih, Imam Muslim recorded that Abu Dharr narrated that the Messenger of Allah said that Allah the Exalted and Most Honored said,[/color]
[color=magenta]O My slaves! If the first and the last among you, mankind and Jinns among you, stood in one spot and asked Me and I gave each person what he asked, it will not decrease from My dominion, except what the needle decreases (or carries) when entered into the sea.[/color] [/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[b][color=DarkTurquoise]In his Sahih, Imam Muslim recorded that Abu Dharr narrated that the Messenger of Allah said that Allah the Exalted and Most Honored said,[/color]
[color=magenta]O My slaves! If the first and the last among you, mankind and Jinns among you, stood in one spot and asked Me and I gave each person what he asked, it will not decrease from My dominion, except what the needle decreases (or carries) when entered into the sea.[/color] [/b]

That hadeeth is beautiful mashaALLAH. I like it a lot.

barakallah feek.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

[color=magenta]no problem, its my favourite too, i have it on my signature on other forums[/color]
[b]
[color=Darkturquoise]Shaddad bin Aws (R) related that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:[/color] [color=darkorchid]He who is wise and strong, keeps his inordinate appetites under control and strives for the life which comes after death; but he who is foolish and weak subordinates himself to sensual pleasures and yet hopes for the best from his Lord. [/color][color=darkturquoise](Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi)[/color][/b]

[b][color=DeepPink]On the authority of Abee Hurayrah may Allaah be pleased with him who said that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) :[/color]

[color=DarkViolet]"May his nose be rubbed in dust, may his nose be rubbed in dust, may his nose be rubbed in dust." So I asked who O Messenger of Allaah ? He said : "Who attains parents with him who are old, whether one of them or both of them, then does not enter the Paradise."[/color][/b]

A hadith states that our Beloved Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said...

He who strives to help a poor person is like one who strives for jihad and like one who prays all night without slightest slackness and is like the one who fasts everyday for his whole life.

[b] [color=red]The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:[/color] [color=orange]"O Allah, grant me life as a poor man, cause me to die as a poor man and resurrect me in the company of the poor." His wife asked him why he said that, and he replied: "Because (the poor) will enter Paradise (before) the rich. Do not turn away a poor man even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you, God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection."[/color] [color=red][Tirmidhi][/color][/b]

[b][color=red]Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) had said: "Almighty Allah will, on the Day of Resurrection or Qiamat, resurrect certain groups of people in such a state that their faces will be radiant with light, they will be sitting on pulpits of pearls and others will envy their lot. They will neither be from among the Prophets nor from among the martyrs."

Somebody asked the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) to let him have more details about these people, so that he may be able to recognize them.

Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) replied, "They will be the people who belong to different families and different places, but assemble at one place for the love of Almighty Allah and are engaged in His Zikr.[/color][/b]

[b][color=blue]The Prophet (pbuh) said: “Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller. If you survive until the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive until the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening. Take from your health for your sickness, and take from your life for your death.” (Bukhari)[/b][/color]

[b]Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah loves to meet him. (Bukhari)[/b]

[size=18][list][color=red][b]Hadith Qudsi 16:[/b][/color]
[/list:u][/size]
[b][color=cyan]On the authority of Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said:[/color]

[color=indigo]"Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones." Then He explained it [by saying that] "he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed."[/color]

[color=cyan]It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.[/color][/b]

[b][color=magenta]The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa'sallam said:[/color]
[color=DodgerBlue]"The Muslim is a unique Ummah among the whole of mankind:Their Land is ONE, their War is ONE, their Peace is ONE,Their Honour is ONE and their Trust is ONE."[/color]
[color=magenta][Ahmad][/color][/b]

this is one of my many Favourite Hadith

Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: "Be In ThiS WorlD As ThOuGh U WerE A StRaNgeR Or A TraVelleR"

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

Pages