Pakistani Cabbies

whenever i catch a taxi the driver is usually a Paki

why is cabbing so prevailent amongst the asian community?

why do people look down at canb drivers

also despite so many Paki's being into cabbing-how come you hardly see them driving pricy black cabs?

To drive black cabs you have to pass this written test...I think and be licensed so you've got to be legit.

If you do cabbing (private companies) you can avoid paying taxes. I know someone who claims benefits as he says he's not working but he's also doing part time cabbing so he's gaining money both ways.

Asians are good at cheating the system...until they get caught and start crying.

Taxi's mean little to no records.

You make big bucks and it depends on your character to show how much you really earnt. So you can lie.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Even private hire vehicles have to pass a test and have to be registered but its true it can be fiddled.

Make du'aa Im inshaALLAH gonna start taxi wen I go back to uni. Just hope application goes through quick.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

it's still theft though i hate the way some ppl try and justify theft :?

Over here i've not really notcied that trend, i mean there are lots of asian cab drivers in private and black cabs, it's a fair mix.

You can earn quite a fair bit of cash doing a cab shift even part time...very tempting. Only problem with it is you can become a fat slob, eating on the go, barely getting up for a walk :?

[color=magenta]i dont think iv seen an asian black cabbie driver in london, but then again i dont use black cabs they cost a bomb, but i dont use cabs full stop i prefer th underground, but the normal cabs there are loads of asian taxi drivers, round here you got a cab firm called bangla taxis, how original, but most of the cabbie driver here are asian mor specifically asian iv got two uncles who own their cab firm with al bengali drivers dont knw if that was on purpose or not[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Once memorable journey was in a black cab with Egyptian brother he insisted in giving me a discount because we’re both Muslim- Marsh’ Allah- a really nice and warm brother. I was thrown back when he said his daughter is married to a Bengali brother… Smile

"Med" wrote:

Make du'aa Im inshaALLAH gonna start taxi wen I go back to uni. Just hope application goes through quick.

will ur cab be for "boys only"?

lol I thought you would say "cave men only :twisted: "

I can't stand cabs - they are dirty, they never speak english and they drive like maniacs. "53rd and 7th please" and somehow you end up in the bronx - figure that out!

serioulsy-i'm intrested to know whether med wud be OK with being alone with female passengers in the car

this is a guy who believes that even a womens voice shud remain in pardah

i'd like to see how he skirts round the issue that a man and women shud not be alone together...

I aint thought that far ahead dear.

But you seem to ignore the issue of necessity - perhaps if you understood that then it would clear up a lot of yr confusion dear :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Maybe Med you can get a people carrier and take groups of passengers only.

That way you won't be alone.

"Med" wrote:

But you seem to ignore the issue of necessity - perhaps if you understood that then it would clear up a lot of yr confusion dear :twisted:

tell me more about this "neccessity to drive cabs"

as far as i'm aware in england cabbing is not the only employment available to british citizens

i'd like to know how the "women's voice is pardah" and the "not being alone with na mahram" rule can be applied here

"Beast" wrote:
Maybe Med you can get a people carrier and take groups of passengers only.

That way you won't be alone.

aaah - but what if its a group of ladies? :oops:

Like I said - necessity - everything I said abt purdah from the ulama was in the light of necessity.

If Im gonna be looking in womens mouths to sort their teeth out, I think I can cope with driving them from Asda to Tesco :roll:

Anyways - I have to put food on the table for her.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

tell me more about this "neccessity to drive cabs"

as far as i'm aware in england cabbing is not the only employment available to british citizens

i'd like to know how the "women's voice is pardah" and the "not being alone with na mahram" rule can be applied here

mashaALLAH its good that you are interested. May ALLAH accept it - ameen.

In this regard I advise you consult with ulama my sister. They will explain it to you better than me. Perhaps you can contact one of the Alimaat in Lesta, or Bradford or Lancaster. Search in Muslim Directory you should get the fone numbers of the girls Jamias in all three cities and there may even be one in london. Smile

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i hear Asda in Small heath are recruiting over the summer

but since cabbing is OK since as its a "neccassity" I'm sure it'll be OK Wink

"Med" wrote:

In this regard I advise you consult with ulama my sister. They will explain it to you better than me. Perhaps you can contact one of the Alimaat in Lesta, or Bradford or Lancaster. Search in Muslim Directory you should get the fone numbers of the girls Jamias in all three cities and there may even be one in london. Smile

thanks for the advice mate

but a mate of my sisters who is a cab driver-had kids to feed-no husband was told seek another job by a scholar

its intresting that ur teacher who even stress that "women's voice is pardah" are so flexible when it comes to u

u must be their fav student Wink

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

You heard wrong.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

thanks for the advice mate

but a mate of my sisters who is a cab driver-had kids to feed-no husband was told seek another job by a scholar

its intresting that ur teacher who even stress that "women's voice is pardah" are so flexible when it comes to u

u must be their fav student Wink

Your welcome.

I havent asked my Ustadji abt this but that was a very interesting comment. May ALLAH make your external like your internal - ameen.

Btw its a bit off saying my Respected Ustadji said woman voice is purdah - they only taught us the different opinions of the classical scholars but your comment is understood PERFECTLY. May ALLAH grant you its end. ameen

no comment on last line :oops:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

You heard wrong.

i was only there two weeks ago and handed in my CV there MYSELF

two of my cousin's got a job there for the summer too

but obvioulsy u know better :roll: :roll:

"Med" wrote:

I havent asked my Ustadji abt this but that was a very interesting comment. May ALLAH make your external like your internal - ameen.

Btw its a bit off saying my Respected Ustadji said woman voice is purdah - they only taught us the different opinions of the classical scholars but your comment is understood PERFECTLY. May ALLAH grant you its end. ameen

dont worry about it Med-i understand

we're all used to u preaching one rule to others and another for urself

this is nothing new

may ALLAH make our words and actions the same-AMEEN

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

You heard wrong.

i was only there two weeks ago and handed in my CV there MYSELF

two of my cousin's got a job there for the summer too

but obvioulsy u know better :roll: :roll:

handing yr CV in is different to getting the job. I've also handed my CV in Smile .

And they get back to you when vacancies are open - last I heard their summer places were all filled. But gud luck - who knows LilSis and Med could be working together :twisted: - thatd be like soo coool :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

dont worry about it Med-i understand

we're all used to u preaching one rule to others and another for urself

this is nothing new

may ALLAH make our words and actions the same-AMEEN

ameen thumma ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

handing yr CV in is different to getting the job. I've also handed my CV in Smile .

And they get back to you when vacancies are open - last I heard their summer places were all filled. But gud luck - who knows LilSis and Med could be working together :twisted: - thatd be like soo coool :twisted:

that'd be my worst nightmare :roll:

and don't pick and choose what u want to answer to

Asda recuits every summer

TWO OF MY COUSINS GOT A JOB IN ASDA-

why wud they get a job there if Asda wasnt recruiting?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

that'd be my worst nightmare :roll:

and don't pick and choose what u want to answer to

Asda recuits every summer

TWO OF MY COUSINS GOT A JOB IN ASDA-

why wud they get a job there if Asda wasnt recruiting?

why? It'd be fun. I'd love to work with you LilSis :twisted:

Yes dear they do recruit everysummer, and every winter and all yr round. Well done for observing that.

Congratulations on your cousins gettin employment at asda. Im pleased for you.

But you see dear theres a limit to how many employees Asda can have at any one time. Thats understandable isnt it? So what happens is that vacancies open up, people get the job, are employed and then the vacancies close again. Are you with me so far?
gud

Then wen vacancies open again, then more people get jobs, then vacancies close again. and thats the circle of employment at asda.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

For those who lack relevant work experience, should really consider volunteering in order to gain experience.

LOL

anything to justify why cabbing is the only available job in the whole of egland for u

anyways-do enlighten me on the "neccessity" rule on cabbing frm ur teachers when u get the chance

i'm sure it'd be very intresting

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
LOL

anything to justify why cabbing is the only available job in the whole of egland for u

anyways-do enlighten me on the "neccessity" rule on cabbing frm ur teachers when u get the chance

Assalaam alaikum........

You need a driving license Sad

"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Assalaam alaikum........

You need a driving license Sad

i have one-i passed a month ago

but why wud i choose cabbing as a job-esp since there are more than enough other options available to me

also i don't want to be part of dropping off or picking up drunk men to/frm the pub

i'm not in a situation in which i can regard "cabbing a neccessity" for money

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
LOL

No no your alright dear.

You can contact the Alimaat for clarification. It'd be better for you to hear it first hand rather than from me second hand - isnt it?

My Respected Teachers have nothing to do with this topic. May ALLAH grant you the end of your comments before our eyes - ameen.

Come on LilSis - having just read your response to Shazan I have come to realise that you are a Muftia - mashaALLAH. Why do you need to go to ulama to understand anything - you have reached the stages of Darul Ifta faraghat by yourself. mashaALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

You can contact the Alimaat for clarification. It'd be better for you to hear it first hand rather than from me second hand - isnt it?

i have asked the scholars in the past regarding this issue-why shud i consult them again when i've heard their answer

i was more intrested in what ur teachers say-as they're a lot more harsher when it comes to pardah then other teachers

but i'm sure if they say its OK-its OK

i cant say i'm suprised.

theres no need to try it with the "muftia" crap-u know i'm not a muftia

i just simply repeated what i have heard from the scholar who was asked regarding the single mum of three who worked as a cab driver

mashaALLAH. Then follow what that scholar said and stop shopping around for fatawa.

Seconldy perhaps you are unaware but there are different laws pertaining to men and women. Something to consider.

Btw you have to drive for 2 yrs b4 u can apply for taxi licence. Just general info for everyone.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

Seconldy perhaps you are unaware but there are different laws pertaining to men and women. Something to consider.

Lol Lol

is there also a diff rule for "med" and a different rule for the rest of the world? Something to consider

Biggrin

Pages