mehndi's

just came home from a traditional mehndi (an asian hen's night)

it was SO LAME

ALL lamo traditional POINTLESS functions shud be wiped out

we sat for 3 hours in some room-

some people were playing the dhol

the elderly women were singing lamo old wedding songs and clapping

it was SO pointless and such a waste of time

the highlight was the evening was the hour myself and my sisters spent getting dressed up

when my generation become aunties/mothers these lamo traditions will cease to exist

OMG such stupid things make me cringe, you're right they are a total bore and waste of time!

My sis said to my parents she didn't want a stupid mehndi they cool with it, what we gona have is a girly night in, just dress up and not have to wear our hijabs so we can relax, we'll just order from outside (saves mum the hassle of cooking) its gona be close cousins and friends. Should be fun.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
(an asian hen's night)
some people were playing the dhol

Lol, bad use of apostraphe, you just said the night of an asian hen.

Lame is when the old women are playing the dhol with a metal spoon.

Also you should hear my cousin play the dhol, or the smaller dholki, he's sick. He was (might still be) in a band, playing drums/dhol etc Honestly he's really good.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

lol you need a playstation portable

"Don Karnage" wrote:
lol you need a playstation portable

lol thats what we ended up doing at my cousin bros. Couldnt be bothered attending his mehndi and all the guys skived off back to my cousins place to play some playstation and watch some movies.

Mehndi's are a waste of time... i totally dont understand the tradition.

Back in BLACK

we had the full on old ladies banging a spoon on the dhol

angel ur sisters night in sounds like fun

a day out with the girls is fun too

ANYTHING is better then a lamo traditional mehndi

A girls night in or a girls day out can be fun.

However, some traditions are a total bore and so pointless.

I don't mind the Mendi's where dancing takes place...those mehndi's are fun.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
we had the full on old ladies banging a spoon on the dhol

angel ur sisters night in sounds like fun

a day out with the girls is fun too

Yeah it was either a night in or out, with a night in it means we don't have to wear our hijabs so it gives us a day to do somethin nice with our hair and just relax with the girls coz for the rest of the days we will be wearing hijab as the other days are gona be mixed.

The dhol with a spoon - ewww in the process was the spoon not makin screeching noises against the dhol ouch!