5 Good deeds that carry the Reward of Hajj & Umrah

5 Good deeds that carry the Reward of Hajj & Umrah

1 - Performing the obligatory prayers in congregation:

Abu Tharr narrated that a group of the Companions came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, the wealthy people will have higher grades and will have permanent enjoyment and they pray like us and fast as we do. They have more money, which they give in charity.”The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), , replied:“Has Allaah not rendered for you the‘Ishaa’ prayer in congregation equal to Hajj, and the Fajr prayer in congregation equal to ‘Umrah?” [Muslim]
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), , said: “Whoever walks to [perform] an obligatory prayer in congregation, it is like Hajj [in terms of rewards], and whoever walks to [perform] a voluntary prayer, it is like a voluntary ‘Umrah [in terms of rewards].” [Hasan]

2 - Reciting Dhikr after the five daily prayers:

Abu Hurayrah (Ra) narrated that a group of destitute people came to the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, the wealthy people will have higher grades and will have permanent enjoyment in high levels in Paradise. They pray like us and fast as we do, but they have more money by which they perform the Hajj, ‘Umrah, participate in Jihaad and give in charity.” The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), replied: “Shall I not tell you something upon which if you acted you would catch up with those who have surpassed you? Nobody would surpass you and you would be better than the people amongst whom you live except those who would do the same. Say ‘Subhaan Allaah’, ‘Alhamdulillaah’ and ‘Allaahu Akbar’ thirty-three times each after every (compulsory) prayer.’" [Al-Bukhaari]

3 - Praying Fajr with congregation & remaining seated worshipping until after Sunrise:

The Prophet (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: 'He who performs Fajr Salat with Jamaat and remains seated in the same place while engaging in Dhikr until after sunrise and thereafter performs 2 Rakaats Nafil Salat, (Ishraaq), he will obtain the Thawaab of one Hajj and one Umrah.' (Tirmidhi).

From `Abdullah bin `Aamir (rA) that Abu Umaamah and `Utbah Bin `Abd (rA) related that Allah’s Messenger, (Sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever prays as-S.ubh. (i.e. fajr prayer) in congregation then sits until he prays for Allah the prayer of Dhuha has the reward like that of a haajj (pilgrim performing Hajj) and a mu`tamir (pilgrim peforming `Umrah), complete reward of his Hajj and his `Umrah” (Tabarani).

4 - Observing the 10 days of I'tikaf:

Ali Ibn Hussain (RA) narrates from his father that Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “He who observes the ten days I’tikaf during Ramadhan will obtain the reward of two Hajj & two Umrah.” (Bayhaqi)

5 - Attending the ‘Eed prayers (both ‘Eed Al-Adh-ha and ‘Eed Al-Fitr):

Ibn Rajab (Ra) narrated that the Companion Mikhnaf ibn Sulaym (Ra) said, “The reward for attending ‘Eed Al-Fitr prayer is equal to the reward of performing ‘Umrah and the reward for attending ‘Eed Al-Adh-ha Prayer is equal to that of performing Hajj.”

[B]
Virtues of ‘Umrah Performed in Ramadan[/B]
Ibn ‘Abbaas (RA) narrated, “When the Prophet (Sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) returned after performing Hajj (major pilgrimage), he asked Umm Sinaan Al-Ansaariyyah,‘Why did you not perform Hajj?’ She replied, ‘The father of so-and-so [i.e., her husband] had two camels and he went on pilgrimage on one of them, and the second is used for the irrigation of our land.’ The Prophet (Sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said [to her]:‘An ‘Umrah (minor pilgrimage) in Ramadan is akin to Hajj with me [in terms of reward].’” [B][Al-Bukhari and Muslim][/B]