Petrol Bomb attack on Milton Keynes Mosque

Quote:
The chief of the city’s police has condemned a petrol bomb attack on a mosque as ‘disgraceful and cowardly’.

Local Area Commander Barry Halliday said the incident, which took place at the Granby Mosque in Peverel Drive, would not be allowed to divide Milton Keynes’ diverse community.

A bottle containing flammable liquid was set alight and thrown onto the roof of the Zainabia Islamic Centre, commonly known as Granby Mosque, at 11.30pm yesterday.

It came just a day after a British soldier was murdered by two men, who said the attack was retaliation for the deaths of Muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Members of Granby Mosque were standing outside at the time of the petrol bombing and quickly extinguished the fire.

There was no significant damage caused to the mosque.

The KSI Muslim Community of Milton Keynes, which is based at the mosque, yesterday called the Woolwich attack ‘savage, mindless and barbaric’.

President of the Islamic Centre, Shabir Sabur, said such acts can never divide the nation.

Talking about the petrol bombing, investigating officer, Detective Inspector Nick Glister said: “We are currently in the infancy of the investigation and details are limited at this time.

DISGRACEFUL? COWARDLY?

I don't see no mention of the word TERRORISM

And there's hardly any coverage of it.

Yesterday I read 6 mosques had been attacked, I saw the graffitti on one "evil" and "terrorists inside" etc written on it and the cars outside it! 

Is this the kinda stuff we have to be worried about for the next few days/weeks? 

Do you live in a place where you fear these kinda things are more likely?

yeah, theres been a couple of attacks of sisters recently ive heard of. my friends on whatsapp are bit scared. everyone's advising to stay inside unless necessary. i receive those texts from "safari" a sports thingymajig and they do kickboxing classes for females. got a text today where the classes in my area have been cancelled because of recent events.

havent experienced anythign eprsonally but i wont be going out unless necessary. oh! Ive got work tomorrow! woups lol...

i hope everyone's going to condemn both sides and stick together as a community. even though its london and everyone's in their own world, i hope wat happened is going to create some sort of invisible "let's stick together, we dont blame each other" vibe.

we need to keep a loukout for muslims kids retaliating...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Why people would want to do that in return i have no idea.

Btw, why weren't fire fighters around? Was it only a small fire?

As far as i'm aware these acts aren't common in Birmingham at the moment and Alhamdulillah i don't fear that something like this would happen in my area or near to where i live. I feel scared for the people who are having to face this in their communities. I don't think i'd step out the house to be honest. 

A chicken and chips shop in GREEN STREET (which is like...a little bit of Asia in the middle of UK..seriously..) was attacked. just found out now. freaked. because its such an asian area! it was late though, happened at 9.30. inshaaAllah tomorrow will be fine.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?