Share your happy news here :D

Yep, you've heard it right. This is a thread dedicated for members and non-members alike, to share their happy news with us all.

I walked in the Peak District with my friend all day looking for interesting fungi and amphibians (our respective hobbies) and found nothing at all that we wanted to study, and no edible mushrooms. On the way back I stopped at a location in which I had last year found some St. George's mushrooms and lo and behold... we filled our bags to the brim! I can look forward to some very tasty meals over the next few days. Smile

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joie de Vivre wrote:
I walked in the Peak District with my friend all day looking for interesting fungi and amphibians (our respective hobbies) and found nothing at all that we wanted to study, and no edible mushrooms. On the way back I stopped at a location in which I had last year found some St. George's mushrooms and lo and behold... we filled our bags to the brim! I can look forward to some very tasty meals over the next few days. Smile

I hope you know your mushrooms!

(i read in the paper how this woman died by eating poisonous mushrooms :S)

Back in BLACK

Today i discovered that there is something called: NOMOPHOBIA. It is the fear of losing one's mobile phone connection, whereby one is unable to make contact with others via their beloved device. It can also related to losing this 'special' device itself or running out of credit. So, fellow Revivalers, who is in denial of suffering from this phobia?

No, i have something BETTER to share with you all and because it was such a humbling experience for me, i think it deserves it's own blog post, so do have a read in your own time.

Seraphim,

The amatoxin mushroom poisoning she experienced is a nasty affair indeed and thanks for your concern! St. George's mushrooms are very unmistakable. They have come up later than usual because of the weather - any later and misidentification on sight does become a possibility - but they have a very particular aroma of freshly milled flour, and are one of the few species I can initially detect just by smell!

tbh the mistake she made isn't one I would be at risk of making, not just because I'm generally cautious but because she picked a species that is well documented and shouldn't be touched with a bargepole. Sad Please, nobody think on account of my bragging that it is easy and safe to go picking mushrooms, it is a lovely hobby if you know the risks and if you don't...

...take three samples:

One for yourself
One for your Doctor
And another for the Coroner

(ftr I'm more than happy to ID any wildlife, when I can, for anyone who has decent photos and information about where it was.)

The St. George's mushrooms were incredibly delicious!

Hi, my name is LtS and i have Nomophobia.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Looking To See wrote:
Hi, my name is LtS and i have Nomophobia.

Hi back LtS. What happy news to share with us all. 

I'm Hummus and I can happily say that Nomophobia doesn't affect me.

One exam down. Nine to go. (Y)

I got to read Surah Kahf before maghrib Biggrin

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

That moment when it dawns on you that you're getting married....

Shok

Help

and all you want to do is make a run for it!

Back in BLACK

Congrats

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
Congrats

Find me a getta away vehicle....

Back in BLACK

Hey congratulations! That's fantastic news!

CONGRATULATIONS SEPHYY.

May Allah make all the prep as easy and as smooth as possible.

I didn't think you were next in line!

Blum 3

Hummus wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS SEPHYY.

Blum 3

Thanks Hummus... but theres really no need for that tongue emoticon! lol

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Hummus wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS SEPHYY.

Blum 3

Thanks Hummus... but theres really no need for that tongue emoticon! lol

Tough, it's there! And i just had to rub it in that little bit more. Blum 3

My happy news, this week I found adders and slow worm, and a badger came right up to me (but it knew better than to mess and scarpered when it realised who I was). Also did a lot of walking and foraging and went to the markets where I picked up some new flavours like Cornish Nettle Yarg. Been a great week. I will post some other shots in the peace and love thread but these go here.

Smile

[IMG]

[IMG]

Happy news?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Happy news?

Its good to get the Chickenpox whilst your young.... incase you develop cowpox when you get older. Much nastier Blum 3

Back in BLACK

You wrote:
Happy news?

Its good to get the Chickenpox whilst your young.... incase you develop cowpox when you get older. Much nastier Blum 3

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
You wrote:
Happy news?

Talking from experience, eh?

The birth of my baby boy Alhumdulillah, he's in special care at the moment because he came early please remember him in your prayers Smile

Angel wrote:
The birth of my baby boy Alhumdulillah, he's in special care at the moment because he came early please remember him in your prayers Smile

congrats! and will do.

i know of two little boys somewhere in England born around the same time as your little boy.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Angel wrote:

Congrats!!! My counsins just had IDENTICAL TWINS!!!

Alhamdulliah Biggrin

And I heard as it were, the noise of thunder. One of the four beasts saying come and see and I beheld, a pale horse. And his name that sat on him was Death... and Hell followed with him.

Congrats!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Congratulations Angel!!!!!! Biggrin May Allah bless him and give him good health, ameen Smile

I've tanned. A lot.

Now i don't need to ask my dad to take me abroad.

Smile

Tanned in less than 24 hours.

Should make headlines.

I don't tan very easily, I'd like one although when I did have a tan after while I wanted it gone.

Pages