FEMEN.

I don't get it - are they a type of feminists? Is that another name for *feminist*? 

Well their tactics of protesting naked is stupid, and they're not doing Muslim women any favours or liberating us *rolls eyes*

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Kind of stupid group trying to support freedom for Muslim women... by taking their clothes off.

And if the Muslim women protest at their actions? well they are "stupid slaves" ofcourse that don't know better.

(note that a former member of this site is quoted in the twitter... good on you!)

(too late for that, but some of the captions and images are good.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Exception is still a member! Last time she came on here, she was wondering where *you* had to disappeared to! Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Do you know how Femen make me feel? KLUADHKADASK, YES, THAT. What Femen decided to do on the Thursday that just passed was totally out of order. For those of you who don't know, demonstrations were held all over Europe under the name ‘International Topless Jihad Day’ and they were protesting against what they call Islam’s oppression of women.

They go around showing their front for the entire world to see. Astagfirullah. Berh Sharam people. They burn flags with the Shahadah written on them and do it infront of mosques and somehow think that they’re liberating women and trying to ‘save’ Muslim women from oppression and threats. What in the world?! o.O

They're blinded. Since when did WE need saving from the likes of those sort of people?! We were already free in the first place! In my eyes, the extent of Islamophobia is just bizaree. How can you have so much hatred and show it so openly? They really need to be put back in their places. 

I love the whole unity about this and the idea that everyone's using #MuslimahPride! There's Muslim and non-Muslim, men and women all around the globe who are tryng to show that Femen isn't representative of the views of everybody. People have just slashed them with their awesome quotes and images which is probably what was needed.

Does anyone know more about that girl called Amena who sparked all of this off?

Non Muslim Tunisian who is "fears for her life" after the old regime which imposed wearing shortish skirts on all women got thrown out through and a new Islamic leaning government got voted in through popular elections.

The new government says "wear what you want, even if its a bikini or a niqaab" and many women have taken the latter option which was denied to them previously. This scares those who liked the old ways.

They argue "it doesn't matter that they say we can dress as we want - they are Muslims, they can't really mean it!"

which is stupid.

It all got stirred up a few weeks ago when a critic of the government was killed and the primeminister pannicked and thought the current government should resign and form a new national unity government. The rest of the government disagreed, so he got kicked out and another person got his job.

These places where regimes got overthrown are going through a transition period. There are many fears about what the new popular rulers will order, while at the same time many elements of the old regime which was illiberal and oppressive still remain either in power or close enough to cause chaos and confusion. They want their jobs and power back so will twist things to try to make the situations look worse.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Exception is still here. (sometimes)

I am enjoying reading this discussion & thank you to Hummus for keeping me updated and involved here. I WILL at some point write a more detailed piece on my views here!

TPOS wrote:
Exception is still a member! Last time she came on here, she was wondering where *you* had to disappeared to! Smile

Exception wrote:
Exception is still here. (sometimes)

Glad to know.

Pathetic attention seeking stunt

Ah. All I'm saying is, its nearly time for the day of Judgement.

I absolutely love the fact that as a non-topless female who wears a Hijab i can still have my voice heard, yet people who run around naked feel that the only way they can be heard is through showing their flesh. It's just amazing - we can be who we are, dress decently and still be loud enough, yet naked people just get the negative attention even after they've tried. 

I don't see any fat ones, where are all the fat old ones with sagging body parts? 

laila wrote:
I don't see any fat ones, where are all the fat old ones with sagging body parts? 

ROFL I didn't even notice that at all. Where are they?! (Not like i WANT to see them anyway)! Hmm, too 'embarrassed' to show their bodies off and they talk about liberating and they haven't liberated any of their not-so-slim supporters.