Should there be child-free zones on planes and trains?

Didn't read the article, but yeah, sounds like a good idea. Kids can be pretty annoying.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Quote:
'I very, very much think that people need to be tolerant. People who have a problem with children on flights need to get over it. If they don't like it, I have two words for them - ear plugs. We're living in the 21st century where people have iPods'. Perhaps, while they're listening, they can play a lullaby. (Simon Calder, travel editor of the Independent).

I think its discriminatory, we were all children once, how come society never complained like people today? People today have got it too good, they have so many expectations that they now want to revert to caveman attitudes of " children should be seen but not heard". Yes kids can be annoying but so can adults playing loud music on public transport. Adults airing their dirty laundry on mobile phones, no i dont want to know when youre meeting your g/f or what you;re having for lunch i dont give two hoots, where i come from phone conversations are private. Ladies doing their full make up on the train. Men burping, picking their noses. While we're at it lets put the disabled folks in a different part of the train, because their wheelchairs are getting in the way.

Since having kids ive noticed how intolerant some adults are towards children, i mean babies? If a child cries or whines  they all stare at you, like youre supposed to shut that baby up straight away so as not to disturb the peace. Well thats what used to happen in the west midlands, not in lovely scotland. To be honest i used to feel like a bad parent if my baby was crying and i couldnt hush her/him. But after2 babies i took a more relaxed attitude. Why should i feel embarrassed babies cry, that is their language, until they can speak, Even when they canspeak if they cant articulate themselves sufficiently they will moan, that is normal too. I dont care if people stare, if it they dont like the sound they can increase the volume on their fancy gadgets.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]