Defending the honour of our Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him)

Please do this to show your love for the Prophet peace be upon him. It only takes a few minutes.

Can you please follow these simple steps to write to your MP to express your anger towards the blasphemous anti Islamic film.

1. Click on this link: (Will open in a new window).
2. Type in your postcode and click 'Go'.
3. Select 'Your Member of Parliament', click on your MP's name.
4. Now Fill in your name and contact details and write Your Message.
5. You can copy and paste the text below for the message.
6. Click 'Preview Your Message'.
7. Check that the message looks correct, then click 'Send Message'.
8. You will receive an email, click on the link in the email to confirm. You will need to do this last step otherwise the message will not be sent to the MP.

Please ask others to do this as well. We need every Muslim to write to their MP to get a response to this issue.

May Allah reward you all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear [MP Name]

I am writing to express my anger and condemnation of the offensive film entitled 'Innocence of Muslims', which portrays the Prophet of Islam Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him, his progeny, and companions) in a very disrespectful and degenerate manner. This film contains grave insults to the greatest Islamic personality of all time and leader of one of the world's major religions.

The United Kingdom and the United States are nations which guarantee Freedom of Expression to their people. However, freedom of expression does not include allowing messages of malice and ridicule towards others to be propagated, especially in regards to the beliefs and sacred icons of communities.

I therefore call upon our government officials, both national and local, to exercise their efforts to prevent the propagation of such disrespectful forms of media, which only incite hatred and animosity between people, in turn endangering the security and stability of the international community.

I also call upon all media outlets, YouTube in particular, to exercise their ethical and professional responsibilities of not allowing their mediums to be grounds for inciting disrespect, hatred, and violence.

We, as a nation, have the responsibility to be agents of peace, tolerance, and respect for one another. We must be able to show true justice by not allowing such disrespectful media to be propagated, and to call individuals and communities to engage with one another in a respectful and balanced way.

I would urge our leaders to act now to ban the Film 'Innocence of Muslims', and request that all media outlets remove this film and anything related to it from their websites and other outlets immediately.

Yours sincerely,
[Your Name]

MPs have not passed any positive comment on this, it is nothing to do with them. This is about a low-quality YouTube trailer made by an American drug dealer. Why are you treating it as a big deal? You know Britain and America believe in free speech. Is there any reason you would expect this to come across as a reasonable complaint?

The Islamic countries that have expressed the greatest condemnation of this, themselves are intolerant and mocking of other cultures. Anyone who fans the riots that have taken place over this video is not to be respected any more than the film-maker. They have caused death and injury and have done more harm to the image of Islam and Mohammed than any YouTube video.

Discuss.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Assalam alaikum,

This was a simple request to ask others to contact their MPs to express their feelings.

We are not asking people to go out on the streets and protest. In fact, we are urging people to go through the proper channels to get a tangible response from the politicians.

This is the response from our local MP:

tsmy.org - Innovative solutions for the youth

This is the good response. I want to highlightsomething that I read, where someone claimed that the film does not incite violence against Muslims.

Maybe not explicitly, but we have to read below the surface, it grossly lies about the Prophet (pbuh) and encourages a false and negative stereotype. Imagine if a school bully did that, would you accept it as free speech or exclude them?

Also the lies can fuel any hatred some people might already have. It's naive to not think so, and I think the film maker knew this.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi