Sheikh Hamzah Yusuf The Aftermath of 7/7

Why do venues involving Hamza Yusuf and his fellow speakers involve tickets and the exchange of money?

Even when the venue is a masjid?

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

maybe cos it aint cheap for him to fly all the way from US and return

maybe cos it aint cheap to cater for hundreds of people and most prob distribute literature too

everything in life aint free :roll:

if u pay for sumin u appreciate it more

hmm yes.

the conference i attend dont provide food on the most part. Ulama attend from all over the world alhamdulillah and no money is charged.

In fact there is a 3 day annual conference that i attend where everything is free even food and sleeping arrangements.

Raiwind which is the HQ of Tablighi Jamaat also does not charge anything, no chanda is even collected. And thousands of thousands of ppl attend.

No comment on mr hansons and his mates.

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

"AbdusSalamBiharwi" wrote:

Ulama attend from all over the world alhamdulillah and no money is charged.

So do they pay for their own travel expenditure? Isn’t that being extremely rude?

Whenever my friend (she’s a scholar) is told to come and deliver a speech up north, her train/taxi/coach fare is always paid for.

Travelling isn’t cheap, especially if you’re travelling half way across the world.

I’m sure organisers don’t try to make money out of these events…they struggle to make ends meet.