Are we allowed to Dance?
From the Cha-Cha-Cha to Ballroom, from Hip-Hop to Belly Dancing - So are we allowed to dance?
Given, we're not allowed to dance in front of members of the opposite sex but what about for ourselves? Like are we allowed to dance in our rooms or join a dance class?
What do you think?
Forum
Tags
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
TPOS โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 12:37
[quote=Lilly]Yeah Feef!! do your homework; instead of revivaling..tutut!!!
Guess where i am? :p[/quote]
At least i'm at home unlike you, revivaling from college! :O
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
LookingToSee โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 13:42
What can i say? Guilty as charged ๐ im a revival otaku ๐
now im in the bus on my way home..
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
zdc โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 14:05
[quote=Lilly]I thnk im gona change my name now... :doubt:
loool what language is that in Seraphim?? Yeah Feef!! do your homework; instead of revivaling..tutut!!!
Guess where i am? :p[/quote]
Why u gonna change your name? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
zdc โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 14:06
[quote=Lilly]What can i say? Guilty as charged ๐ im a revival otaku ๐
now im in the bus on my way home..[/quote]
Be careful you don't tramp any pedestrians.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
Isha Al-Maghribi โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 17:49
[quote=zdc][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE]I don't understand why people are ganging up on zdc for saying he wants to see his wife pole dance :/
Although thats a private matter and doesn't/shouldn't be discussed with the whole world
But if he was talking about Lilly being a potential partner and asking her to pole dance...that's just SO wrong. :|[/quote]
lol?
Am i missing out on something here????
:O[/quote]
People around here are starting to think I wanna marry Lilly and make her pole dance..... stupid is'nt it, lilly could'nt do that to save her life.
Besides Lilly and me??
Actually I could sing a nice song about her,
Lilly Oh Lilly! You make me so Dizzy! Lilly Oh Lilly! You make make heart go all Fizzy, Lilly Oh Lilly, people think I am so silly, Lilly Oh Lilly! you are still my Lilly!!
Hey Lilly, what you think about this?
L - Little
I - Irresistable
L - Lady
L - Looking
Y - Yummy
Nice Huh? I am thinking of putting it as my sig!![/quote]
Omg! I can not believe it!
zdc complimented, I can't say it, a WOMAN!
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
LookingToSee โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 21:14
[quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=zdc][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE]I don't understand why people are ganging up on zdc for saying he wants to see his wife pole dance :/
Although thats a private matter and doesn't/shouldn't be discussed with the whole world
But if he was talking about Lilly being a potential partner and asking her to pole dance...that's just SO wrong. :|[/quote]
lol?
Am i missing out on something here????
:O[/quote]
People around here are starting to think I wanna marry Lilly and make her pole dance..... stupid is'nt it, lilly could'nt do that to save her life.
Besides Lilly and me??
Actually I could sing a nice song about her,
Lilly Oh Lilly! You make me so Dizzy! Lilly Oh Lilly! You make make heart go all Fizzy, Lilly Oh Lilly, people think I am so silly, Lilly Oh Lilly! you are still my Lilly!!
Hey Lilly, what you think about this?
L - Little
I - Irresistable
L - Lady
L - Looking
Y - Yummy
Nice Huh? I am thinking of putting it as my sig!![/quote]
Omg! I can not believe it!
zdc complimented, I can't say it, a WOMAN![/quote]
when did zdc say that?! i completely missed that!
i dont know if you're being REALLY evil or nice.
Either way...it feels wrong... =/
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
Isha Al-Maghribi โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 21:24
[quote=Lilly][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=zdc][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE]I don't understand why people are ganging up on zdc for saying he wants to see his wife pole dance :/
Although thats a private matter and doesn't/shouldn't be discussed with the whole world
But if he was talking about Lilly being a potential partner and asking her to pole dance...that's just SO wrong. :|[/quote]
lol?
Am i missing out on something here????
:O[/quote]
People around here are starting to think I wanna marry Lilly and make her pole dance..... stupid is'nt it, lilly could'nt do that to save her life.
Besides Lilly and me??
Actually I could sing a nice song about her,
Lilly Oh Lilly! You make me so Dizzy! Lilly Oh Lilly! You make make heart go all Fizzy, Lilly Oh Lilly, people think I am so silly, Lilly Oh Lilly! you are still my Lilly!!
Hey Lilly, what you think about this?
L - Little
I - Irresistable
L - Lady
L - Looking
Y - Yummy
Nice Huh? I am thinking of putting it as my sig!![/quote]
Omg! I can not believe it!
zdc complimented, I can't say it, a WOMAN![/quote]
when did zdc say that?! i completely missed that!
i dont know if you're being REALLY evil or nice.
Either way...it feels wrong... =/[/quote]
I wouldn't be evil! It's genuine shock horror. He's usually babbling on about his dislike of the woman race.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
LookingToSee โ Thu, 23 Sep 2010 - 22:21
[quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=Lilly][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=zdc][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE]I don't understand why people are ganging up on zdc for saying he wants to see his wife pole dance :/
Although thats a private matter and doesn't/shouldn't be discussed with the whole world
But if he was talking about Lilly being a potential partner and asking her to pole dance...that's just SO wrong. :|[/quote]
lol?
Am i missing out on something here????
:O[/quote]
People around here are starting to think I wanna marry Lilly and make her pole dance..... stupid is'nt it, lilly could'nt do that to save her life.
Besides Lilly and me??
Actually I could sing a nice song about her,
Lilly Oh Lilly! You make me so Dizzy! Lilly Oh Lilly! You make make heart go all Fizzy, Lilly Oh Lilly, people think I am so silly, Lilly Oh Lilly! you are still my Lilly!!
Hey Lilly, what you think about this?
L - Little
I - Irresistable
L - Lady
L - Looking
Y - Yummy
Nice Huh? I am thinking of putting it as my sig!![/quote]
Omg! I can not believe it!
zdc complimented, I can't say it, a WOMAN![/quote]
when did zdc say that?! i completely missed that!
i dont know if you're being REALLY evil or nice.
Either way...it feels wrong... =/[/quote]
I wouldn't be evil! It's genuine shock horror. He's usually babbling on about his dislike of the woman race.[/quote]
NOT YOU! zdc...
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
1R4M โ Fri, 24 Sep 2010 - 21:07
U completely missed the entire point of what I just wrote
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
Isha Al-Maghribi โ Fri, 24 Sep 2010 - 21:13
[quote=Lilly][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=Lilly][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=zdc][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE]I don't understand why people are ganging up on zdc for saying he wants to see his wife pole dance :/
Although thats a private matter and doesn't/shouldn't be discussed with the whole world
But if he was talking about Lilly being a potential partner and asking her to pole dance...that's just SO wrong. :|[/quote]
lol?
Am i missing out on something here????
:O[/quote]
People around here are starting to think I wanna marry Lilly and make her pole dance..... stupid is'nt it, lilly could'nt do that to save her life.
Besides Lilly and me??
Actually I could sing a nice song about her,
Lilly Oh Lilly! You make me so Dizzy! Lilly Oh Lilly! You make make heart go all Fizzy, Lilly Oh Lilly, people think I am so silly, Lilly Oh Lilly! you are still my Lilly!!
Hey Lilly, what you think about this?
L - Little
I - Irresistable
L - Lady
L - Looking
Y - Yummy
Nice Huh? I am thinking of putting it as my sig!![/quote]
Omg! I can not believe it!
zdc complimented, I can't say it, a WOMAN![/quote]
when did zdc say that?! i completely missed that!
i dont know if you're being REALLY evil or nice.
Either way...it feels wrong... =/[/quote]
I wouldn't be evil! It's genuine shock horror. He's usually babbling on about his dislike of the woman race.[/quote]
NOT YOU! zdc...[/quote]
oh, lol, right.
Sorry.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
s.b.f โ Fri, 24 Sep 2010 - 21:23
:S
This has turned into a dumb thread.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
Isha Al-Maghribi โ Fri, 24 Sep 2010 - 21:41
[quote=s.b.f]:S
This has turned into a dumb thread.[/quote]
I agree.
Was a good q though.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
Truth's_Razors โ Sat, 25 Sep 2010 - 09:27
[quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=s.b.f]:S
This has turned into a dumb thread.[/quote]
I agree.
Was a good q though.[/quote]
I came on here to say the same thing! (The 'it's turned into a dumb thread' thing not the 'it was a good q' - that wouldn't be very modest would it? =P )
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
Isha Al-Maghribi โ Sat, 25 Sep 2010 - 20:26
[quote=Truth's_Razors][quote=Isha Al-Maghribi][quote=s.b.f]:S
This has turned into a dumb thread.[/quote]
I agree.
Was a good q though.[/quote]
I came on here to say the same thing! (The 'it's turned into a dumb thread' thing not the 'it was a good q' - that wouldn't be very modest would it? =P )[/quote]
oh lol, yeah!
Didn't realise you came up with it.
Still a good q though....
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
zdc โ Tue, 28 Sep 2010 - 09:09
[quote=You][quote=zdc]Geez, you're really messed up. Dance in the mosque of the prophet?? Please provide proof? Geez, I think you're jewish. I am quite sure like with everything else you will come up with nothing but garbage.[/quote]
Careful with your fatwas there - some will get really offended at you calling ahadith garbage for it indeed is an offensive thing to say.
From here:
A hadith referenced in there I think is this, from a translation of Sahih Bukhari:
So please be careful with your words when you call something garbage.[/quote]
I got a reply from mufti regarding the above ahadith, it has got nothing to do with dancing.
Bismihi Ta`ala
Haamidan wa Musalliyan
Respected Brother in Islam
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh
Your email refers
The hadeeth in question does not refer to dancing. Rather, these Abyssinians were practising warfare using spears etc. To the onlooker their motions and movements seemed to be dancing and thus interpreted as dancing whereas in reality it was not. (Refer to Sharah of Imaam Nawawi on Saheeh Muslim). Understand it through the example of a mother who is rocking her child to sleep. To an onlooker who is not familiar with such a scene the motions and movements of the mother will seem to be dancing and jumping. Likewise, take the example of someone who is unacquainted with karate. He will misinterpret the motions of the individual to be some type of dancing but in reality these are motions and strategies that are required at the time war and combat. The ability of striking the swords in different postures and similarly defending oneself when being struck by a sword also require different motions. Similarly, shooting an arrow or throwing a spear requires a particular posture. These postures in Arabic were interpreted as raqs. One who is not familiar with the usage of the Arabic language will understand the word raqs as dancing whereas in reality the meaning is quite different. Similarly, there are several other words that may have variations in their meaning and explanation. E.g. the word zann, sometimes it could refer to a mere suspicion and at times it could refer to conviction. One who is not familiar will obviously misconstrue these woirds.
And Allah Ta`ala knows best
Mufti
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
You โ Tue, 28 Sep 2010 - 08:54
It was dancing - a wardance. People can try to hide from that because it does not fit their culture, but that does not xhange the hadith.
The example of the rocking mother does not hold up as she would not be doing as a form of celebration in putting on a show for the onlookers. Nor would it be synchronised.
So no, that explanation is not valid.
What you can say is that it was not illicit in any way and such displays are not to be done in public, but dancing as a whole is allowed.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
zdc โ Tue, 28 Sep 2010 - 09:06
[quote=You]It was dancing - a wardance. People can try to hide from that because it does not fit their culture, but that does not xhange the hadith.[/quote]
Ok, mufti, please yourself. For you is your religion and for me is mine. May allah guide you. Ameen.
You have lost all credibility in my eyes.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
You โ Tue, 28 Sep 2010 - 09:11
I thouht I didn't have any in the first place?
Crying wolf too often makes such claims to be less weighty.
I do think you taking the info I resented to a scholar for verification was a good thing though - shows a mind willing to learn.
Re: Are we allowed to Dance?
zdc โ Tue, 28 Sep 2010 - 10:50
[quote=You]I thouht I didn't have any in the first place?
Crying wolf too often makes such claims to be less weighty.
I do think you taking the info I resented to a scholar for verification was a good thing though - shows a mind willing to learn.[/quote]
You just lost what ever little teeny weeny amount you had, right now, you are pretty much level to the gravel.
I have a habit of letting the scholars interpret hadith and give tafseer of quran. I don't regard myself as learned to make such conclusions.
Pagination