Adhaan was performed with Salawat in Ottoman times - an account from Egypt

Would Muslims of that age even recognize the innovated shortened Azan that we hear today?

The calls during the night are long chants, that of the daytime is much shorter. Mr. Lane renders it thus: ”God is most Great ” (four times repeated). “I testify that there is no deity but God ” (twice). ” I testify that Mohammed is God’s Apostle ” (twice). “Come to prayer ” (twice). “Come to security ” (twice). “God is most Great” (twice). “There is no deity but God.”

The muezzin whom I hear when the first faint light appears in the east, has a most sonorous and sweet tenor voice, and his chant is exceedingly melodious. In the perfect hush of that hour his voice fills all the air, and might well be mistaken for a sweet entreaty out of heaven. This call is a long one, and is in fact a confession and proclamation as well as a call to prayer.

It begins as follows: “[I extol] the perfection of God, the Existing forever and ever” (three times) : ” the perfection of God, the Desired, the Existing, the Single, the Supreme: the perfection of God, the One, the Sole: the perfection of Him who taketh to Himself, in his great dominion, neither female companion nor male partner, nor any like unto Him, nor any that is disobedient, nor any deputy, nor any equal, nor any offspring. His perfection [be extolled]: and exalted be His name. He is a Deity who knew what hath been before it was, and called into existence what hath been; and He is now existing, as He was [at the first]. His perfection [be extolled]: and exalted be His name.”

And it ends: ” O God, bless and save and still beatify the beatified Prophet, our lord Mohammed. And may God, whose name be blessed and exalted, be well pleased with thee, 0 our lord El-Hassan, and with thee, O our lord El-Hoseyn, and with thee, O Aboo-Farrag, O Sheykh of the Arabs, and with all the favorites [' the welees'] of God. Amen.”

The mosques of Cairo are more numerous than the churches in Rome; there are about four hundred, many of them in ruins, but nearly all in daily use. – “Mummies and Moslems”, Travelogue By Charles Dudley Warner Published 1876

Now one may compare this type of Azan to what one may hear in the company of Naksibendi Mureeds:

Arabic
——
Allahumma Salli ‘alaa Sayyidina Muhammad

Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar
Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar
Ashhadu an la ilaha illallah
Ashhadu an la ilaha illallah
Ashhadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah
Ashhadu anna Muhammadan Rasulullah
Hayyi ‘alas salah
Hayyi ‘alas salah
Hayyi ‘alal falah
Hayyi ‘alal falah
Allahu akbar, Allahu akbar,
La ilaha illallah
As-Salatu was salamu ‘alayk,
alayka ya Sayyidiyya Rasullullah
alayka ya Sayyidiyya Habbibullah
ya man arsalahu-llahu ta’ala rahmatan lil-’alamin
alayka ya Sayyidiyya Awwalin wal Akhirin
wa ‘ala alika wa ashabika ajma ‘in
As-Salatu wa s-salamu ‘alaykum,
ya Anbiya wa Awliya Allah.
Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin!

(Du’a)
Allahumma Rabba hadhihi da’wati tamma’ was salatil qa’ima, ati Muhammadan al-wasilata wal fazilata wad darajatir rafi’atal ‘aliyya, wab’athhu, ya Rabbi, al-maqamal mahmudal lazi wa’adtahu, warzuqna shafa’atahu yawmal qiyama, innaka la tukhliful mi’ad

English
——-
O Allah! Shower blessings upon Sayyidina Muhammad

Allah is Greatest
(four times)
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah
(twice)
I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah (twice)
Hasten to the prayer
(twice)
Hasten to salvation
(twice)
Allah is Greatest (twice)
There is no god but Allah.
Blessings and peace be upon you,
O Messenger of Allah
O Beloved of Allah
O you whom Allah Most High sent as Mercy to the Worlds.
O Master of Here and Hereafter
and upon all your family and your Companions.
O Prophets and Friends of Allah
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!

O Allah! Lord of this perfect supplication and of this established prayer, grant Muhammad the means and the exellence, and the sublime and supreme rank. Raise him, O my Lord, to the Praiseworthy Station which You promised him, and grant us his intercession on the Day of Judgement, for You do not fail Your promise.

In Syria it is common for the muezzin to give salawat upon the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) after adhan.

You wrote:

Would Muslims of that age even recognize the innovated shortened Azan that we hear today?

Which azaan did Bilal (RA) say?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

What's the site all about ?. Another crackpot 'Sufi' that rolls with the media . has He done dua for those killed in China today ?.

yes, shoot the messenger please.

Is the excerpt he quoted wrong?

as for wether he has done dua for some people or not, I don't know.

Why are you busy trying to find flaw in your fellow Muslims?

PS I would not consider "sufi" an insult - for most of Islamic history, it has been synonymous with "sunni". You get sufis all over the world from Indonesia up to chechnya, through to Europe and down to Africa (Somalia was sufi - the Shabaab are not and are busy destroying and desecrating graves as if that is the most important thing needed to bring peace and prosperity to the nation...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.