Twenty20 World Cup 2010

T20 tournament returns guaranteeing suspense, tears (for the losing sides =p) and excitement all round.

The cricket T20 is now well under way with the first 4 matches completed. Now for those who don't know what a game of Twenty20 cricket is, a summary would be that it is a shortened version of a normal 50 innings one day match.

Who are your favourites to win this years T20 World Cup??

Workings and History of the T20 game and World Cup.

T20 conists of two innings typically lasting 20 overs if disrupted by bad weather then the innings may become shorter.

T20 has officially been around since 2003 but has only become more popularin recent years with the introduction of the IPL tournament and T20 World Cup.

The previous T20 World Cup was held in the United Kingdom and proved to be very popular with tickes being sold out for most of the matches. The current T20 champions are pakistan which considering their start to the last T20 world cup, it was very surpirsing they even made it to the semi finals.

This years groups, A-D

Group A - Pakistan, Bangladesh and Australia
Group B - Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Zimbabwe
Group C - South Africa, India and Afghanistan
Group D - West Indies, England and Ireland

As you can see Afghanistan is a new team to the tournament and it will be interesting to see how they perform.

The first stage of the T20 will be the group stages whereby each team will play the other teams in their groups. Only 2/3 teams frome ach group will qualify for the super eights which will lead to the semis and then the final being played on Sunday 16th May.

Who do you think will be first to be knocked out?

The first 4 games of the T20 have been played and the current defending champions are off to a good start. Things will get more interesting when all teams have played and have reached the super eight stages.

All in all T20 is more enjoyeable than a test match that lasts four days in total and even a normal one day which lasts 100 overs ..... with a T20 game of cricket it's exciting as you can nearly always expect great batting sides and suspense as the matches draw to an end.

Remember the final is on Sunday the 16th of May!!

Who are your favourites to win this years T20 World Cup???

pakistan all the way

boom boom afridi gna smash the dirty indians Wink

The team of the tournament and the team to beat is Australia, after originally not taking the t20 format seriouslly they seem to take to it like a duck to water with an explosive batting line up and bowling line up to match the best of teams, second favourites has to be India win a great batting line up and not too bad bowling line up..pakistan well im not gonna bother predicting even though i said they would win it last year this year they are even more unpredictable!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

We (pakistan) just knocked south africa out
Just need England to win so we can go through.
Have to say Ajmal performed his four overs beautifully, & Afridi knowns how to handle his troops.

COME ON PAKISTANNN! Smile

Are you a big cricket fan?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Thankyou England for Winning,

Pakistan for the win Smile

England seem to be doing well.

(I am saying that not having seen a single match or watched the results too carefully, but its the idea I get...)

I suspect they have a greater chance than Pakistan of winning.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

They do, they got in as clear winners of their group
Pakistan got in by net run rate after they and new zealand had both one a match each,

England do look pretty strong, But twenty20 can you really say?
it could all turn around in one match,

They'll be up against the runners up from the other group, so we'll have to see who they will be,

Which teams do you think will get throught from the other group?

Australia, definitley, India nopes, West Indies? or Sri Lanka?

wahayy Pakistan are thru Biggrin

I hope Pakistan wins insha-Allah and keeps the title Smile

"O Allah, I seek refuge with You from distress and grief , from incapacity and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice and I seek refuge in You from the burden of debt and from being overpowered by men"

Pakistan Vs Australia on Friday then....

even if they lose o well they made it to the semis somehow.....a good final would be pakistan v sri lanka....they might be able to pull it off on a gd day.

yeah that would be a good final,
like last years all over again lol

Exception wrote:
yeah that would be a good final,
like last years all over again lol

Well it does seem like a pakistan vs south africa semi final like last year because S.A went through the whole tournament without losing until they met pakistan the same with Australia however Australia thrive on semi final pressure and S.A almost always flop Pakistan have been tormented by the Aussies for years now and something tells me Pakistan arent gonna upset the trend..

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Funzo wrote:
...and S.A almost always flop...

almost?

Have they EVER won a semi? They seem to clinch defeat from the jaws of success every time, lose in increasingly unimaginable ways.

kamran akmal & salman butt, starting the semi final off with some beautiful batting.
And a sehr good strike rate, Hopefully they'll keep it up & have strong fielding too.

Comee On Pakistannn! Smile

When did it start?

191-6 is not a bad total.

This is one good and tight match still anyones game preferably pakistans, pakistan are really putting the pressure on australia

Australias's match, the final will be tight, but england arent good under pressure ,. but may the best team win,

Pakistan put up a good chase for Australia, and was one interesting match both teams performed well. Could conflict on Afridi's choice of bowlers in the last few overs, But an over all good game. Can't say i'm not gutted because i was purley convinced we would win that. oh wells. next year inshallah Smile

yup was a good match even tho only catched the second innings....some bad decisions (and bad bowling by afridi).... slight changes would have made all the difference.....o well im officially not supporting anyone in the final nw lol

Only followed that on the BBC live feed, so never watched it but it seems pakistan should have won that?

yes they should have! still don't get how they lost....well thats pakistan for you always dissapointing.

Great.

And then we're going to have the World Cup Football.

they should have won, they would have won, right up until the last two overs they were leading. but they are NOT always disapointing. I still think they did well in that match despite the fact that they lost.

For the first time in my short time following pakistan cricket i cannot say im upset with the team after a loss they should have won, they batted beautifully and bowled good for a good part of the game. On any other day 191 would be too much for Australia on any other day Mike hussey would've skied one and got out for a few runs, but it was one of those days that you just have to take your hat off to a brilliant batting display from Mr cricket 60 off 24 is unstoppable. Pakistan had their best performance of the tournament and deserved more but cricket is a funny old game and it showed today, well played Pakistan there is truely no shame in Semis.

we all sat infront of the TV praying,, my mum didnt watch the last over, and was crying at the end of it.. but your right funzo,, i think PK played exceptionally well,, esp in the conditions of extreme heat and the pitch being so damp in the start.. it was just that last 1 - 1/2 overs.. otherwise we had the game.

inshallah england win tomorow, well technically today, im just praying sooo much for it!

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Anonymous12 wrote:
pakistan all the way

boom boom afridi gna smash the dirty indians Wink

hmmm.. just dont understand why the PK kit had 'boom boom' written on it.. did anyone else notice?

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Pages