YOUR VIEWS NEEDED: DO YOUNG MUSLIMS MIX WITH NON MUSLIMS?

39 posts / 0 new
Last post

Lilly wrote:

certain movies and certain music isnt allowed because it contains more bad than good. or just bad no good. its very simple. God doesnt get pleasure out of stopping you from doing/eating/dressing a certain way. its for your own goods. these things bring more harm then good

Like what bad?

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:

Lilly wrote:

certain movies and certain music isnt allowed because it contains more bad than good. or just bad no good. its very simple. God doesnt get pleasure out of stopping you from doing/eating/dressing a certain way. its for your own goods. these things bring more harm then good

Like what bad?

why do you wanna know?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

fiza786 wrote:

errmm... i have to say most of the muslims now days do actually mix with the non-muslims some people do when its neccecory but the people that do mix with the non-english and form a strong releationship are kind of wrong, coz there religion [islam <3 ] they will move futher away from it most of the time, or they change the way they dress, who they hang out with, form releationships etc. i dont have to go on but the good smart muslims will go to the non-muslims when it is neccosaory and the daft ones will go to the non-muslims and keep them as best mates. i do adivce you not to mix up with these people becasue they really do mash you up.

**bassed on my experiance

fiza786 wrote:

errmm... i have to say most of the muslims now days do actually mix with the non-muslims some people do when its neccecory but the people that do mix with the non-english and form a strong releationship are kind of wrong, coz there religion [islam <3 ] they will move futher away from it most of the time, or they change the way they dress, who they hang out with, form releationships etc. i dont have to go on but the good smart muslims will go to the non-muslims when it is neccosaory and the daft ones will go to the non-muslims and keep them as best mates. i do adivce you not to mix up with these people becasue they really do mash you up.

**bassed on my experiance

So i'm obviously daft in your opinion.

It's attitudes that you have just expressed which incite anger and tension between non-muslims and muslim people. It's attitudes like that which encourage misinterpretations and for people to say that Muslims are oppresed etc. As long as you rememeber your faith, know where the lines are and are very aware of yourself and go into stuff with your eyes open you'll be fine and you'll still stay close to your religion.  If your naive and easily swayed and surround yourself with people who don' t respect you or your beliefs then yes you will be 'mashed up' but as long as you know who you are and what you beieve in then there really isn't a problem. I've never drunk alcohol, taken  drugs, had a boyfriend etc. I wear jeans and tshirts and dont wear a hijab but thats beacuse i don't feel comfortable  wearing it yet - I'm probably a better muslim than some of these girls who do wear a hijab and 3 inches of makeup have boyfriends behind their parents backs, smoke and drink regularly at parties at the weekend but who look like good muslims beacsue of a sheet of fabric on tehir heads. In order to wear a hijab you need to first be ready inside. Anyway going off on a bit of a tangent there but just beacuse your friends aren't muslims doesn't make you any less of one and a bad person unless of course you choose to engage in all of their activities, Islam is a very open religion and encourages Muslims to inetgrate and have links with others.  

no name calling guys. nobody's daft. and i totally agree with you The Seeker. i really like how you phrased your paragraph. even though. the quran tells us that we shouldnt take as close intimate friends non-muslims because at the end of the day you cant really discuss religious matters with them and share your worries/questions abt islam with them. furthermore i think it's easier to pratise and grow your faith when surrounded with muslim friends. i started wearin abaya because i had close muslim friends and i might not have had the strength to do that if i didnt have those friends around me.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly what's an abaya is it the overcoat like garment.  Someone told me it is obligatory to wear it, but I thought covering body with ordinary coat or shawl, chaadar was sufficient, plus these girls told me I would not be buried as a Muslim if I did not wear an abaya, I stopped seeing them super fast because I just could not believe such a thing.

Pages