Wedding Season

You probably also require a groom. Or a bride.

Is this spam? Wait, is this an invitation? are we all invited?

PARTAYYYY

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ROFL @You!!!!

and YEAHH!!!!! Noor wanted to go to a wedding, she's gonna be happy!!! Everyone get in the car!!!! ...wait...i can't drive...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I hope Allah blesses you with a long lasting marriage, and God fearing obedient children.

p.s read up about the frugal weddings in islamic history and how Allah blesses such marriages compared with extravagant ones.

I wish you the very best with your marriage work hard to keep it going strong.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with spending money, celebrating the good fortune etc - that is also asked for in the Qur'an.

The problem is when it comes to waste.

Yes, there are/were more frugal weddings, but that was because of the resources that were available at the time and being sensible.

But that does not mean you need to eradicated cheer and good will.

By over mentioning the frugal situations, that is also ignoring eg the sunnah of Hadhrat Uthman (ra) who did have wealth and he did spend it in teh way og Allah (swt), butt hat also did not mean he (ra) lived in abject poverty.

Moderation is important.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.