If you met..

first question would be "what is a humanist? what does that even mean"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
first question would be "what is a humanist? "

Lol

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

What?

I decided not to cheat and use google, as in the real world, when meeting someone face to face, that luxury may not be present.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

s.b.f wrote:

If you met someone who was a Humanist, what kind of questions would you ask?

What would like to know from them?

Are you calling me an animal?

How dare you !!

Who do you think you are !!

Get out of my town.

"Humanist" my ass.

We are ALL humans, except Atheists.

Atheists admit they are monkeys.

So you're going to ask a Humanist if he/she is an animal.

She also likes the idea that Religion can bring people together.

ME: Would you prefer a world without religion?
H: (after thinking) No. I like the idea the religion brings a lot of people together all over the world.

Does she care what they believe?

I went to a Humanist funeral. The departed knew what funeral she wanted, and it was conducted well and with a lovely gathering afterwards. Not entirely my style, I like to keep more of a hold on tradition and have an (unjustified) arrogance about the new stuff, but it seems Humanism is ritual and community and philosophy without superstition, and that's admirable. No hypothetical questions but we'd get to the bottom of the thing.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

What sort of material do you suggest we should give to someone who is a Humanist but completely new to the idea of Islam and would like to genuinly learn more about it and why we believe in God?

Please. Smile

Smile I don't think she would appreciate a thick book.

Any suggestions?

You wrote:
What?

I decided not to cheat and use google, as in the real world, when meeting someone face to face, that luxury may not be present.

+1

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"