The Star and Crescent: What do you associate this symbol with?

37 posts / 0 new
Last post

You wrote:
(I think that grin smiley needs to be toned down a little.)

Noooooooooo!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

You wrote:
(I think that grin smiley needs to be toned down a little.)

Why?

or atleast there needs to be a smiley between Smile and Biggrin as the latter is way too happy for most use cases IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
or atleast there needs to be a smiley between Smile and Biggrin as the latter is way too happy for most use cases IMO.

Well I thought it was appropriate in Ya'qub's story.

I was talking in general.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

s.b.f wrote:
Hajjar wrote:

If there was any symbol I would link to Islam it would be the shahadah on a white, or black flag.

Really? Why is that?
That would never cross my mind.

The colours because i remember them being mentioned in the biographies of our prophet (saw). The shahadah because it is at the root of all our worship, and something we utter everyday.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Pages