ASTAGFIRULLAH!!!!!

Dont it just bug u when people say ASTAGFIRULLAH

to some people nearly everything is ASTAGFIRULLAH

one day they'll even turn eating, breathing, sleeping into ASTAGFIRULLA'S

many things in Islam are allowed but why do some people place the ASTAGFIRULLAH label on everything

dont this make people feel that Islam is hard-cos nearly everything is ASTAGFIRULLAH

apprenatly to label sumin as a ASTAGFIRULLAH when its NOT an ASTAGFIRULLAH is a massive ASTAGFIRULLAH

lately I noticed that many ordinary things in this forum have been labelled an ASTAGFIRULLAH

people call Mr Ed's mag an ASTAGFIRULLAH

Is my thread an ASTAGFIRULLAH?

Damnit I have forgotten what that means. Angel told me when I was making fun of Tex (as we all know it was his favorite word).

I thought it meant something like "God forgive me" but how can you label somebody that?

it does mean "may God forgive me"

but people wrongly this term when they think that OTHER people are sinning

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
it does mean "may God forgive me"

but people wrongly this term when they think that OTHER people are sinning

lol ohhh Tex.

I wonder if he will ever come back..

I dont like the feeling that Islam is hard

but too many people try to convey Islam as being incompatible with living in the 21 century

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I dont like the feeling that Islam is hard

but too many people try to convey Islam as being incompatible with living in the 21 century

It's a toughy trying to explain stuff you feel sensitive about wrt your religion.

On the one hand you want people to like your religion and respect it they way you do. On the other hand you know they won't get it if you tell em straight up the way things are.

I think that's how credit card christianity was born

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Is my thread an ASTAGFIRULLAH?

Of course. surprise you have to even ask :roll:

Let people say and think what they want too. Let it affect them more then it does you. That the only way you can beat the problem.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

my problem is when people try to make out as if stuff is forbidden in Islam

when it clearly aint

for example in the "dawah" thread it is claimed that a man can not even hear a woman's voice

can such things work in todays society?

should I walk around with a muffler on my mouth? :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
my problem is when people try to make out as if stuff is forbidden in Islam

when it clearly aint

for example in the "dawah" thread it is claimed that a man can not even hear a woman's voice

can such things work in todays society?

should I walk around with a muffler on my mouth? :roll:

Islam appears to suffer from a lack of centralized authority.

Everybody is an authority so it makes it easy for people to attack the integrity of Islam.

This Shayk said Yea that Shayk said Nay sort of thing.

"Dave" wrote:

This Shayk said Yea that Shayk said Nay sort of thing.

tru

i dont follow a sheikh tho

i listen to anyone who i respect and implements teachings of Islam in their life

at the mo-my main teacher is my mum

ridgid Islamic understanding is threat to us all

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
ridgid Islamic understanding is threat to us all

Why would/should it be?

The more religion you impliment in your life the straighter the path you walk - the more secure you feel, and the better you live your life.

If a more rigid path leads to upheaval obviously you are not following the right path.

Like bin Laden or the Taliban who rigidly followed what [i]they[/i] thought was correct.

And on the converse there is Hamza Yusuf who appears to be as rigid as possible - but orthodox - and he appears to be far more at peace.

Astaghfirullah!

Its a term we SHOULD use alot.

We should ask for forgiveness.

At the same time not use it as an insult.

We should try to become better muslims.

And I agree with dave on rigidity.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
And I agree with dave on rigidity.

It's a liberal trick - when they blast "fundamentalists" either christian or muslim they are really trying to blast the integrity of religion.

Instead of pointing out that "fundamentalists" don't exactly follow the fundamentals, they just pretend the fundamentals are at fault.

And when you try to defend fundamentalism they just throw you in with the whackjobs.

It's a lie and nobody should by into it.

Frankly it's our job to strive to perfect ourselves religiously, it's our sacred intrust, it's our birthright even, God intrusted us with his sacred religion to be his ambassadors on Earth.

What sort of ambassadors are we if we are not consciously and constantly trying to project his message to the last period as he has given it to us?

On the one hand some are trying to change the message - on the other hand some are trying to ignore it so we can live in some sort of aethiest consumerist superficial liberal nightmare world.

regarding the dawah thread the person only mentioned that according to some ulama womans voice is awrah. cant u accept diversity?
astaghhfirullah

Personally when I say astaghfirullah its because Im asking ALLAH Almighty to forgive me for listening to others sinful activities, y shud that bother the other? my seeking forgiveness for my sins is a problem as well now?

U seem to mock the idea of muffling the female voice, u mock the action of atleats TWO of the Noble Wives. again in dawah thread it was only a comment that somee ulama class female voice as awrah.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

the only times i use the word astagfirullah is when i've just done something bad ...it makes me feel better about the wrong thing i've just done..
other than that when i see or hear that so an so did something haram very wrong the word astagfirullah automatically comes out.

i dont think half the ppl who use the word realise they've used it as its a word that just comes out like mashallah or inshallah.

IMO the word astagfirullah doesnt make islam seem hard ....im not surprised its used often in this day an age as its obvious the world is becoming ASTAGFIRULLAH

"kuri/19" wrote:

IMO the word astagfirullah doesnt make islam seem hard ....im not surprised its used often in this day an age as its obvious the world is becoming ASTAGFIRULLAH

MashaALLAH Muhtarama.
I agree.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

However alot of times it is used as an insult.

Like Tex.

He used to come in all guns blazing. every single post

ASTAGHFIRULLAH!!!!!!!!!

And sometimes nothing else!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I dont think lilsis has any probs with usin the word to genuinely ask allah for forgiveness she just hates it when ppl over-use it to abuse others and judge others, claimin that they are committing shirk/bidah, thats what tex used to do...

p.s. Dave luks like u missin tex way to much!

"Admin" wrote:

Like Tex.

ASTAGHFIRULLAH!!!!!!!!!

evil american kuffar :x :x :x american fascist pig dogs are killing muslims you shouldnt be talking to americans :x :x :x muslim LIONs of Fallujah will kill them all and everybody :x :x :x ASTAGHFIRULLAH!!

I wonder what day to day life is like with him.... like his wife - how does she work around that.

At breakfast he wants some sugar in his tea and all of a sudden a perfectly civil conversation about the present arrangement of the Rhododendrons out front turns into a vitriolic rant about raining blood and kuffar yadda yadda yadda.

"Dave" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Like Tex.

ASTAGHFIRULLAH!!!!!!!!!

evil american kuffar :x :x :x american fascist pig dogs are killing muslims you shouldnt be talking to americans :x :x :x muslim LIONs of Fallujah will kill them all and everybody :x :x :x ASTAGHFIRULLAH!!

I wonder what day to day life is like with him.... like his wife - how does she work around that.

At breakfast he wants some sugar in his tea and all of a sudden a perfectly civil conversation about the present arrangement of the Rhododendrons out front turns into a vitriolic rant about raining blood and kuffar yadda yadda yadda.

lol man that always cracks me up...tex was one funny confused soul!

"angel" wrote:
p.s. Dave luks like u missin tex way to much!

lol that's cuz I had him right where I wanted him before he got kicked out.

And now that he's even more the forum joke I wanna see how he'd react.

...not well i'd imagine.

And i'd be lying if I didn't say that his daily death threats were really something I cherished... it reminded me that somewhere out in the vastness of the world somebody was thinking of me.

"angel" wrote:

lol I always wanted a full conversation as him with him... never got it.

Wouldn't that have been magical though?!?

"AMERICAN KUFFAR STOP TALKING LIKE ME ASTAGHFIRULLAH! :x :x "

Speaking fluent Tex with Tex. It remains a dream for me to this very day.

"Dave" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

lol I always wanted a full conversation as him with him... never got it.

Wouldn't that have been magical though?!?

"AMERICAN KUFFAR STOP TALKING LIKE ME ASTAGHFIRULLAH! :x :x "

Speaking fluent Tex with Tex. It remains a dream for me to this very day.

I am sure admin has his email you could always email him invitin him bak? Ah the good old days of revival Cray 2

"angel" wrote:
I am sure admin has his email you could always email him invitin him bak? Ah the good old days of revival Cray 2

YEA! Hey why the sad face?!?

We could put him in like a locked down area that he couldn't post outside of. Maybe just one particular thread - and we could all watch him throw a daily rant.

Sorta like a zoo...

"Dave" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

YEA! Hey why the sad face?!?

We could put him in like a locked down area that he couldn't post outside of. Maybe just one particular thread - and we could all watch him throw a daily rant.

Sorta like a zoo...

I miss the old forum esp. afro, aasiyah an yuit he only comes on now and then....it was fun havin guests but meant more idiots!

"angel" wrote:
I miss the old forum esp. afro, aasiyah an yuit he only comes on now and then....it was fun havin guests but meant more idiots!

Yea... lotsa great people are gone - Aasiyah will come back, and Yuit cannot stay away.

I dunno about Afro Latifah and Shabs - they haven't been around in a while and seems and maryaam are gone too.

Which is not cool not one bit.

Not at all.

I'd like them to meet the new people at least!

I'll probably be President of the United States and still posting here out of total addiction.

"Dave" wrote:

Yea... lotsa great people are gone - Aasiyah will come back, and Yuit cannot stay away.

I dunno about Afro Latifah and Shabs - they haven't been around in a while and seems and maryaam are gone too.

Which is not cool not one bit.

Not at all.

I'd like them to meet the new people at least!

I'll probably be President of the United States and still posting here out of total addiction.

I am actually thinkin of leavin the forum for a bit, its a thought dont know if its gona become reality but might just leave for a bit but since i am addicted duno if its ever gona come to that..

i know miss shabs, talked to the gal quite a bit thru pm's, nice gal..

i shall be leaving too then Cray 2

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

awwwww thats called loyalty :roll: your bout to reach your 1000th post and as a revival tradation make it a good post, if you havent posted already!

savin it for a good one

...DOH!!!

well muyy as well say sumat....errmmm....dont leave please angel?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:

awwwww thats called loyalty :roll: your bout to reach your 1000th post and as a revival tradation make it a good post, if you havent posted already!

Crimey shes right.

hit 1000 on the tiger thread!!!

Pages