Walkers crisps are haram!!!

68 posts / 0 new
Last post

Here is the email I got back from Walkers.

Walkers wrote:
Many thanks for your email.

We have forwarded a list of those products which are suitable for your diet in the post. Any which are not listed are not suitable for your particular diet.

We do not add alcohol to our products. However, ethyl alcohol may be present in trace amounts in a very small number of our flavours. It is used as a carrying agent for flavourings, and is found in many common food and drink products. Foods like bread can also contain the same or higher trace amounts due to fermentation.We are aware of the concerns from some Muslim consumers about the appropriateness of specific ingredients. We take the concerns of our consumers extremely seriously. In previous assessments by Muslim scholars, foods and drinks that contain trace amounts of ethyl alcohol have been confirmed as permissible for Muslim consumption because of both the fact that the ingredient does not bear its original qualities and does not change the taste, colour or smell of the product, and its very low level.

We have also added you to our mailing list so that you will receive any updated lists in the future. If you do not wish to be sent another list, please call our Freephone Number quoting your reference number.

We do hope that we have been of help and you continue to enjoy our products. However, if you do have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again on our Freephone number - 0800 274 777.

Regards

Kelly Bisla
Consumer Care Advisor
Customer Services

Are you planning on posting the list?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

That's what I was thinking.

There is no list. That's the whole email posted up there.

MuslimBro wrote:
That's what I was thinking.

There is no list. That's the whole email posted up there.

I think Admin meant when you get it in the mail. Perhaps they are also sending complimentary vouchers.

Walkers wrote:
We have forwarded a list of those products which are suitable for your diet in the post.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I got the list today in the post. Can't be bothered to scan the letter and post it now, so I'll do it tomorrow inshaAllah.

However got no vouchers Sad

Skinflints. So they [i]are[/i] haram!

Like you care!

(In general the "humourous" rule is (or atleast it used to be) "if it tastes too good, it must be haraam.")

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It's true, it doesn't bother me, but I was honestly hoping MuslimBro would get some vouchers for his troubles.

This evening I meandered into a free arts event that looked vaguely interesting, and found it had an open bar. That was a pleasant surprise. Then I had to sit still and listen to an award ceremony I knew nothing about for just about the most boring two hours of my life. It's always for the best when karma doesn't wait.

Smokey bacon flavour...suitable for vegetarians/Muslims?

SubhanAllah!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

but the name says bacon!

EDIT - It lists Cheese and Onion! Woohoo!

You wrote:
but the name says bacon!

EDIT - It lists Cheese and Onion! Woohoo!

When you shout 'woohoo' after eating cheese and onion crisps you stink the place up

Chili heatwave doritos :O

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

This is the master foods list of what we can/can't eat taken from GMWA Food guide. The Hanfi fiqh consideres Whey powder from calves to be halal.
The summary is -

3.3) The rennet obtained from an animal slaughtered by a non-Muslim or Muslim in accordance with Islamic law or contrary to it, is in all cases Ja’iz as long as the animal in question is not a pig. This is the opinion of Imaam Abu Hanifah. According to the Saahibayn it is Impure.

* Whey comes under the same rule as rennet because it is a by-product.

Full article here - .

LIST

Aquadrops AppleHalaal
Aquadrops Citrus Halaal
Bounty Milk Halaal *
Bounty Dark Halaal *
Celebrations Halaal *
Flyte Halaal *
Galaxy Milk Halaal
Galaxy Fruit & Nut Halaal *
Galaxy Hazelnut Halaal *
Galaxy Amicelli Halaal *
Galaxy Caramel Halaal *
Galaxy Promises Halaal *
Galaxy Ripple Halaal
Galaxy Minstrels Halaal *
Lockets Honey & Lemon Halaal
Lockets Blackcurrant Halaal
Lockets Extra Strong Halaal
M&Ms Peanut Halaal * (alcoholic flavourings)
M&Ms Chocolate Halaal * (alcoholic flavourings)
M&Ms Crispy Halaal * (alcoholic flavourings)
Maltesers Halaal *
Maltesers White Halaal *
Mars Halaal *
Mars Funsize Halaal *
Milky Way Halaal *
Milky Way Magic Stars Halaal *
Revels Halaal
Skittles - Fruits Halaal
Skittles - Sours HARAAM (E120)
Skittles - Gum Halaal
Snickers Halaal *
Snickers Funsize Halaal *
Starburst Original Halaal
Starburst Strawberry Halaal
Starburst Sours Halaal
Topic Halaal *
Tracker Chocolate Chip Halaal
Tracker Roasted Nut Halaal
Tunes Cherry Halaal
Tunes Blackcurrant Halaal
Tunes Strawberry Halaal
Twix Halaal *

ICE CREAMS
Bounty - All varieties Halaal *
Galaxy - All varieties Halaal *
Mars Bar - All varieties Halaal *
Maltesers - All varieties Halaal *
M&Ms Halaal *
Snickers - All varieties Halaal *
Starburst - All varieties Halaal
Twix Bar Halaal *
Twix Tub Halaal *

KEY
* These products contain calf whey syrup or cheese.
** Please avoid.

*** trace alcohol as a flavour, colour carrier (Halaal)
What is Whey?
During cheese making, a coagulum is formed by clotting milk with rennet. When the coagulum is cut, a watery liquid known as whey is released and drained off leaving the curd to be salted and further processed into cheese. Whey contains water, fat, protein, lactose, minerals and lactic acid. Cream, butter, cheese, drinks, syrups and powder are some of the products made from whey. Whey will come under the same rule as rennet because it is a by-product which appears during the process of cheese making.

That's all great, what about Ferrero Rocher?

Whey fron calves are cosidered as halal!
so we are aloud to eat these sweets!
but im not sure why it says m&ms are halal coz it has alcaholic flavourings!! :?:

i dnt kno if Ferrero Rocher is halal of not i got da info from a website
lol Lol

MuslimBro wrote:
Here you go.

[URL=

Click to enlarge (recommended... unless you have super-eyesight).

Even after clicking the image, you still might have problem reading the list.

when i enlarge nothing comes up? can u like copy and paste the list? plz

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Salam

There is something wrong with people who eat Ferrero Rocher.

Omrow

it's Dairy Box-turkish delight choc.

this not made in turkey.its made from dairy box

just name on it turkish delight style.

please !

Omrow wrote:
Salam

There is something wrong with people who eat Ferrero Rocher.

Omrow

i dont see wat the big deal is with Ferrero Rocher?

it doesnt even taste that good.

it's posh and when you eat it you are supposed to feel posher I suppose.

It's ok.

salams

so is it haram according to hanafi fiqh? Any rulings come forth from scholars? let me know please

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Most walkers don't contain alcohol even as flavourings. just a couple of flavours, thai sweet chilli being one of them I think.

According to they are fine.

I eat Ferrero Rocher and thers nothing wrong with me...

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Are you sure about that?

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Ferrero Rochers are posh chocs. Which other chocolates do u know of that are hand made and individually hand wrapped in gold foil.

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Which other chocolate do you know that can be affected so greatly by the preparer not washing his/her hands after going to the loo?

Hand made does not mean better. It can be, but it can also be much much worse.

Machines were invented to do reproducable precision work at a level and speed that humans alone can not. Wake up to the 19th century.

You wrote:
Which other chocolate do you know that can be affected so greatly by the preparer not washing his/her hands after going to the loo?

Ewwww man, ur just like my brother, have to say such horrble stuff to ruin everything Fool lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

You wrote:

Machines were invented to do reproducable precision work at a level and speed that humans alone can not. Wake up to the 19th century.

Tee hee hee. Good point.

But mass-produced is never posh.

Pages