MUSLIM UNITY CONFERENCE!

79 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

thats a bad habit- esp amongst the Pakis

unfortunetly my sister hasnt clocked on to the fact that if a programme says it'll start at 2 u shouldnt show ur face their until 4....

yet she makes me sit like a saddo at 1.00 :evil:

and its tru that programmes should just start at their right time- its stupid to wait for lazy good for nothing people

this just makes people even MORE lazy

programes shouldnt wait for people

lol thats what i do know instead of turnin up to an event 15 mins early i just go an hour late, why bother sitin around doin nothin and just waitin for ppl to come....we used to have durse quran's and that used to always happen but then we ended up sayin we should come on time that way ppl will learn a lesson and come on time, turns out it didnt wrk!!

"Admin" wrote:
I am always late.

So far the only jobs I have managed to get, I have been late for the interviews. When I have turned up on time, I have been turned down.

Being late works for me.

i dislike people like u

holding people up and inconvening people is WRONG :evil:

now I understand why revival issues are always late

angel teach the guy sumin

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
I am always late.

So far the only jobs I have managed to get, I have been late for the interviews. When I have turned up on time, I have been turned down.

Being late works for me.

i dislike people like u

holding people up and inconvening people is WRONG :evil:

now I understand why revival issues are always late

angel teach the guy sumin

hun i think he's a lost cause

admin i wudnt employ u, nope not in this life and not in the next ppl like u are annoyin and hold up important things that must be done but cnt due to your lateness!

"angel" wrote:

admin i wudnt employ u, nope not in this life and not in the next ppl like u are annoyin and hold up important things that must be done but cnt due to your lateness!

LOL-u tell him girl

I bet he's the kind of guy who'd be late for his own wedding :roll:

(me and u work well togther don't we?)

the thing is when you are invaluable, people will wait.

A couple of months ago I managed to turn up late for work every single day apart from about 4 in a whole month.

Since I was invaluable, nothing was made of it. I never made an excuse. Never said I'll try to be earlier. I was worth it.

I was almost an hour late for the interview for the job, and I got it. I was late on my first day on the job.

Being late is not a good thing, but I get away with it. If I didn't, I would probably learn.

PS I don't inconvenience people. If I turn up its thought of as a blessing. Ask Ed. :twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

LOL-u tell him girl

I bet he's the kind of guy who'd be late for his own wedding :roll:

(me and u work well togther don't we?)

lol and could u imagine he wouldnt even be bothered cuz bein late "works for him"! i wonder what his bride would have to say bout that hmm

yep we make an excellant time Wink

"Admin" wrote:
the thing is when you are invaluable, people will wait.

A couple of months ago I managed to turn up late for work every single day apart from about 4 in a whole month.

Since I was invaluable, nothing was made of it. I never made an excuse. Never said I'll try to be earlier. I was worth it.

I was almost an hour late for the interview for the job, and I got it. I was late on my first day on the job.

Being late is not a good thing, but I get away with it. If I didn't, I would probably learn.

PS I don't inconvenience people. If I turn up its thought of as a blessing. Ask Ed. :twisted:

The words "get over yourself" come to mind!!!!!!

Actually the sentiment should be 'lazy'.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Actually the sentiment should be 'lazy'.

The reason i sed "get over yourself" is cuz you seem to think you are a blessing, you might be i dont knw...god, havent we had a whole thread dedicated to lazy men,chek it out and get some tips!

Ah! tips on how to be lazier! where?

everyone is a blessing. (or as the kid in 'the incredibles' says that means noone is special.)

"Admin" wrote:
Ah! tips on how to be lazier! where?

everyone is a blessing. (or as the kid in 'the incredibles' says that means noone is special.)

yeh i gues everyone CAN be a blessing if they try (but u try to hard)

i dont how to get lazier but i am sure u men do a pretty good job at it, and anyway why would u wana get any more lazier, its bad enough men being just lazy!!

"Admin" wrote:
The muppets lost the bags a couple of hours before the conference ended!

I would like to thank Hayder Sabri, who helped us distribute the spare copies we had. We were very short of copies.

Inshallah the muppets will find the lost goody bags, as that is alot of Revivals we can distribute.

I normally find conferences useless as the speeches are pretentious, are overly long, and do not teach anything. This one was just a show of unity.

The best speaker was IMO the HT one ('Ed of Salaam magazine.)

I was surprised at the unanimous view that HT should not be banned.

It started at around 10/11is, and finished about 8ish. way too long.

Yeah, I saw some people with The revival badge when going in, they where getting frisk in the line next to our one. Can only remember the big bald dude. Also saw some people giving out The Revival at the end, I assume Hayder was the one with shoulder length hair. Would of course have offer to help, but was on the verge of collapsing and felt extremely sick and dizzy, miss most of Dr Naik talks because of it and that who I went too see. It was not too bad.

I agree whenever I heard Taji Mustafa speak, I always start to think good of HT again, just love his style of talking and the way he project himself, even though all 6 talks of his I been too have been roughly the same. Yvonne Riley was very good as was Zakir Naik well what I heard of it. Abdul Hakim Quick was good, completely gutted that Seraj Wahaj didn't turn up, if I knew him and bilal Philip were not going to turn up, I probably wouldn't have gone. The food they gave made me sick, but apart from that it was ok too be honest. These conference always run like this and this one was quite smooth compare to some other I been too. But I left my house at 7 and got back at 11, Manchester is too far for a conference for me.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"kash" wrote:

Yeah, I saw some people with The revival badge when going in, they where getting frisk in the line next to our one. Can only remember the big bald dude. Also saw some people giving out The Revival at the end, I assume Hayder was the one with shoulder length hair. Would of course have offer to help, but was on the verge of collapsing and felt extremely sick and dizzy, miss most of Dr Naik talks because of it and that who I went too see. It was not too bad.

I agree whenever I heard Taji Mustafa speak, I always start to think good of HT again, just love his style of talking and the way he project himself, even though all 6 talks of his I been too have been roughly the same. Yvonne Riley was very good as was Zakir Naik well what I heard of it. Abdul Hakim Quick was good, completely gutted that Seraj Wahaj didn't turn up, if I knew him and bilal Philip were not going to turn up, I probably wouldn't have gone. The food they gave made me sick, but apart from that it was ok too be honest. These conference always run like this and this one was quite smooth compare to some other I been too. But I left my house at 7 and got back at 11, Manchester is too far for a conference for me.

quit moanin and stop makin up silly excuses like you were hungary i am sure admin ed and hayder to were hungary and tired but they still contributed...(ed and admin for obvious reasons)

so how many speakers out of the list ed showed previously on this thread actually turned up?

The bald one is Brother Zahid Maqbool.

"Admin" wrote:

are u sure it wasnt you or u just to embarrased to admit hair loss at a young age?

"angel" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

are u sure it wasnt you or u just to embarrased to admit hair loss at a young age?

Heh, I am quite sure he shaves his head, and its not hair loss.

He is quite distinctive, has a unique accent and is well spoken.

I am more of the silent type. Until I need to speak, then I let rip.

"Admin" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Heh, I am quite sure he shaves his head, and its not hair loss.

He is quite distinctive, has a unique accent and is well spoken.

I am more of the silent type. Until I need to speak, then I let rip.

I wana see this guy!! how come he never came with ed at the camp?

"angel" wrote:
"kash" wrote:

quit moanin and stop makin up silly excuses like you were hungary i am sure admin ed and hayder to were hungary and tired but they still contributed...(ed and admin for obvious reasons)

so how many speakers out of the list ed showed previously on this thread actually turned up?

I had to leave my house at 7 on a empty stomach, travel nearly 200 miles and didn't eat till 2.30 and the food was cold and I was sitting near the top where all the hot air was getting to me, plus I had to sit with my stupid mate who keep shouting out takbir for a joke and embrassing me. Plus we paid extra for our ticket and still manage to get some of the worse ticket in the arena. Now that what I call a moan.

Speaker who didn't turn up who were invited and many even confirmed

Imam Siraj Wahhaj

Dr Bilal Phillips

Dr Imran Waheed

Shaykh Faisal Abdur Razzaq

Shaykh Yusuf al Qaradawi

Shaykh Abdullah bin Bayyah

Shaykh Habib Ali Jifri

Shaykh Khalid Yasin

Shaykh Faisal Malawi

Shaykh Ayyub Ali

Justice Dr Khalid Mahmood

Dr Abdullah Omar Naseef

Shaykh Muhammed Imdad Hussain Pirzada

Mesut Kurtis

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"kash" wrote:

I had to leave my house at 7 on a empty stomach, travel nearly 200 miles and didn't eat till 2.30 and the food was cold and I was sitting near the top where all the hot air was getting to me, plus I had to sit with my stupid mate who keep shouting out takbir for a joke and embrassing me. Plus we paid extra for our ticket and still manage to get some of the worse ticket in the arena. Now that what I call a moan.

oh well think of it this way its all over now!!

"kash" wrote:

Imam Siraj Wahhaj

Dr Bilal Phillips

Dr Imran Waheed

Shaykh Yusuf al Qaradawi

Shaykh Habib Ali Jifri

Shaykh Khalid Yasin

Shaykh Faisal Malawi

Shaykh Ayyub Ali

Dr Abdullah Omar Naseef

Mesut Kurtis

oooooook who the hell DID turn up? (thats a better quesion!)

"kash" wrote:
Yeah, I saw some people with The revival badge when going in, they where getting frisk in the line next to our one. Can only remember the big bald dude. Also saw some people giving out The Revival at the end, I assume Hayder was the one with shoulder length hair.

That was Hassan, Hayder's cuz/bro/friend. We also need to thank him for his help.

HIm and hayder must have been gutted; they packed all the goody bags for 6 hours...

Then the organisers lost them.

"angel" wrote:
"kash" wrote:

oh well think of it this way its all over now!!

"kash" wrote:

Imam Siraj Wahhaj

Dr Bilal Phillips

Dr Imran Waheed

Shaykh Yusuf al Qaradawi

Shaykh Habib Ali Jifri

Shaykh Khalid Yasin

Shaykh Faisal Malawi

Shaykh Ayyub Ali

Dr Abdullah Omar Naseef

Mesut Kurtis

oooooook who the hell DID turn up? (thats a better quesion!)

Yeah the thought of geting home got me through, the line up wasn't that bad, apart from a couple of scholars who did drag on and were dead boring, I think it would be rude to mention their names but most people will know who they were, I didn't see the point of having them on.

[url=http//

"Admin" wrote:
"kash" wrote:
Yeah, I saw some people with The revival badge when going in, they where getting frisk in the line next to our one. Can only remember the big bald dude. Also saw some people giving out The Revival at the end, I assume Hayder was the one with shoulder length hair.

That was Hassan, Hayder's cuz/bro/friend. We also need to thank him for his help.

HIm and hayder must have been gutted; they packed all the goody bags for 6 hours...

Then the organisers lost them.

Nah, one of my mate defintely had a goody bag, I think it was a yellow Islamic relief one.

[url=http//

Did everyone go on bout unity?
Did they outline how unity could be brought about?
If they talked bout sujects other than unity, what were they?

They all were about Unity, they all just took their own interperation of what they thought was needed. No real Wahabbi were there and the amount of people who didn't go for this factor, made this quite funny IMO.

[url=http//

"kash" wrote:
They all were about Unity, they all just took their own interperation of what they thought was needed. No real Wahabbi were there and the amount of people who didn't go for this factor, made this quite funny IMO.

lol their loss! so what did the speakers have all in common bout the term unity and how to go about it?

"angel" wrote:
"kash" wrote:

lol their loss! so what did the speakers have all in common bout the term unity and how to go about it?

It been a long day and I tired and that question require a intellectual answer which I couldn't possibly do, even if I wasn't tired so I leave that with someone esle :roll:

[url=http//

"kash" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"kash" wrote:

It been a long day and I tired and that question require a intellectual answer which I couldn't possibly do, even if I wasn't tired so I leave that with someone esle :roll:

i am disapointed in you, you could have just said you werent awake to hear what anyone of them said!!

ok hayder answer my question or is your excuse gona be " i was helpin distribute the revival"..this question open to anyone who went..just curious on speakers views.

i'd be glad to give my views. sorry for the late replys...got home about half 9pm, was there in manchester for 8am! and it didnt end there, at 10pm went Karims with the scholars and organisers for lunch. in the end, home for 11ish dead and knackered....so badly, i think my addiction to this forum is keeping me here.

1st things 1st.....organisation was a joke, i was sat in a crummy hotel room from 8 till half 2 packing the goody bags, not the islamic relife ones by the way, and no1 got them in the end :x 1400 revivals need recovering now! we ran out at the end of the confrence (only gave out 400), so we just gave little advertising cards for the leaflet.

anways, once i got to the hall at half 2ish, i was in involved in the disaster called 'food'. 1st it was weve ran out of water, then tissues, then kheer, then no food at all.....quite a good amount of people got turned away. promised their was more food to come, was there heck!

it was nothing to do with me, but i'll apologise all the same for the terrible food and service. (only 1 per person!)

kash, that was my little brother Hassan. the 2 with the beards and glasses were Ed and Admin (still dont knw admins real name!), i was the other 1.....the 1 who lukd like hasnt bothered shavin in the last few weeks Smile

as far as i know, billal phillips didnt turn up nor did Imam Siraj Wahaj...nor danny williams and amir khan (the latter was at a charity dinner in bradford!) i only had the chance to listen to Abdul Hakim Quick, who was ok....but i fell asleep Lol

all in all.........it wasnt that good anyway, coz Zakir Naik (bieng a salfi/wahhabi) grilled the sunni's in his last speach...and not many clicked on and applauded him.

Only Shaykh Yahya was good, propper traditioanl scholar and sunni! personally me and a few others felt like it was more of a media event and evrything was pre-planned. a lot of press turned up for the press confrence, and with the extensive mentioning of the Islam Channel and very simple, basic points on Unity............wasnt worth going down 4 Sad

for all those who missed it, fear not. Stick to Prof. Qadri........a million tymz better than the scholars there. (Shaykh Yahya is a good guy tho)

At Karims, buffet resteraunt, Dr Zakir Naik was bombared by people who were dying to take a photo with him...including some women dressed like it was a wedding....very shocking considering the amount of men there :shock: i was near him, and i even bumped in2 him at his hotel earlier in the day but didnt have any desire to meet him as such.....his aqeedah is diffrent from Ahle-Sunnah-wal Jamaat. dont get me wrong, hes very learned and his talk on terrorism 2mrw should be interesting....but ive been on a 15 hr shift with no food until after 14 hours....and its my b'day so i think i'll take a day off Wink

after Al Hidyah, nothing else compares Smile

best part of the day was introducing people to the revival, and even tho we ran out very soon due to some idiots losing everything.........the response was great! some people asked for one to be delivered to them, and many others asked several questions.

admin, you shud hav had an access all areas pass like moi Wink

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

im confused and tired now, ask me tomorrow anything and i'll answer.

oh yeah, the lady from MPAC was nice....convinced me 2 join Wink

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Thanks for that, was good to read, happy b'day and enjoy. May you be blessed with the love of Allah (swt) and the Holy Prophet (saw)...

neway bed time it is, shattered gota get up for wrk 2mro..ws

Pages