I am just putting down a few thoughts on future web development for this website.
Over the past year, there have been a number of changes and improvements:
- Improved theme
- Configurable theming options for a user's own blogs.
- Improved front page - changed from a simple blog style to something more detailed in anticipation of changes bringing in more users and more regular content.
- "Revival Digest" monthly email giving updates of new content on this site (on hold since 2/3 months because I want to automate the process, but new emails can be sent out when wanted.)
- I have just revamped the "Tribune" chat interface to be more convenient on mobile platforms.
For the next year I plan for the improvements to continue.
- continue refining the theme. It needs to become easier to load. this needs to be explored.
- Move from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. This is a big deal and may take months or may not be finished before the end of 2016. This may delay other features or work in order to not have to do it twice. Or it might not.
- Add an option for non members to submit content. I have the infrastructure sorted out, the location of any submission options along with infrastructure of who will deal with it has not been sorted out.Add an option for non members to submit content. I have the infrastructure sorted out, the location of any submission options along with infrastructure of who will deal with it has not been sorted out.
- improve the app-like experience on mobile devices (we had messages that worked well for a while, but that feature had to be turned off, it should be back after moving to drupal 8).
- Get more content more consistently.
If there is anything that people want on here