Whose Dumb Idea was it to Host Euro 2012 in Ukraine?

Quote:
Whose awful idea was it to host Euro 2012 in Ukraine anyway?

By

I had to blink heavily when I read this morning that the British government has elected to boycott the group stages of Euro 2012 because of Ukraine's selective justice regime and continued concerns over racism, homophobia and violence that players, their families and fans alike all seem to have.

Three cheers for the FA and for Number 10 for proving they have spines after all!

The Putinist regime in Kiev has successfully jailed the leader of the opposition, Yulia Tymoshenko, in a manner eerily reminiscent of the show trials so beloved by Stalin. It took far too long but Western European leaders have finally begun to apply pressure to Ukraine's leaders. Britain may not have been the first to show true courage in standing up to Moscow's puppets in Kiev (the Germans deserve that accolade) but this belated decision is most welcome.

Read more:

Tags: 

F1 didn't boycott Bahrain wonder what made them want to boycott this

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

F1 and government are different.

the English football team will play there, just the government officials wont be there.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I know but still english team and all that, and there was all that fuss where people wanted Cameron to tell them not to go

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi