The Islamic ways of beating up your wife

The Imam in this video is explaining how a Muslim should beat his wife

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGA8i6scYY]

The Quran allows men to beat their wifes,
QURAN 4:34 - "Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme."

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl8g8S6F3do&feature=related]

We Shia Muslim men never beat our wives.
Our Prophet (pbuh) taught us to give utmost respect to Shia women.
This is Shia ladies have it the best.
Believing women are most loved and respected in te world.

I said this already on my page:

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

malik wrote:

I'm sure a lot of women want to marry you now Smile

s.b.f wrote:
malik wrote:

I'm sure a lot of women want to marry you now Smile

Lol

I really don't agree and I absolutely hate the word "beat". Because what's allowed is hardly "beating", it is no more than a gentle tap with the tooth stick and it can't even leave a mark or hurt.
Seriously, Lollywood, I think it's really irresponsible to start a topic with that name, imagine if a non-yet Muslim saw that, what's the impression you'll be giving?
That's not to say you shouldn't start a topic about that issue, but yuo need to think before you speak (or type).

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

Perhaps lollywood is doing anti-Muslim propaganda under the guise of a Pakistani.
Very crafty

Don't just do something! Stand there.

The Lamp wrote:
I really don't agree and I absolutely hate the word "beat". Because what's allowed is hardly "beating", it is no more than a gentle tap with the tooth stick and it can't even leave a mark or hurt.

If it's not going to hurt then what's the point?

The Lamp wrote:

gentle tap with the tooth stick

Why not just stroke her with a feather?

The Lamp wrote:

Seriously, Lollywood, I think it's really irresponsible to start a topic with that name,

What's wrong with that name?

The Lamp wrote:

imagine if a non-yet Muslim saw that, what's the impression you'll be giving?

Saw what my username or this topic?

It seems that this topic has blown your fuse

My English is not very good

Ya'qub wrote:
Perhaps lollywood is doing anti-Muslim propaganda under the guise of a Pakistani.
Very crafty

How could I prove it?

lollywood wrote:
The Lamp wrote:

If it's not going to hurt then what's the point?

The Lamp wrote:

gentle tap with the tooth stick

Why not just stroke her with a feather?

The Lamp wrote:

Seriously, Lollywood, I think it's really irresponsible to start a topic with that name,

What's wrong with that name?

The Lamp wrote:

imagine if a non-yet Muslim saw that, what's the impression you'll be giving?

Saw what my username or this topic?

It seems that this topic has blown your fuse

lol Lampy's fuse hasn't been blown.

The tooth stick thing is from the sunnah so there's no point you arguing about it

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

I think it has

look what he wrote

Lamp wrote:

The tooth stick thing is from the sunnah so there's no point you arguing about it

[/quote]

Why not call it Miswaak?
so its a sunnah to hit your wife with Miswak?

lollywood wrote:

I think it has

look what he wrote

Lamp wrote:

Why not call it Miswaak?
so its a sunnah to hit your wife with Miswak?[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with what he wrote so I don't know what you're pointing out

That is what the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said to hit (tap) your wife with...afaik

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

No its not.

you have to remember that certain rules in Islam are about the limits laid down for us as opposed to what to do. that is what hudood even means - limits.

So what the source says is that the absolute limit that someone can go to is that and anything beyond a poke by a finger is considered battery and not acceptable.

It is giving the absolute limit to how far a person can act in a situation where marriage may be breaking down.

and this ONLY applies there too and a comparison would be a modern day litmus test to decide what is assault and what isn't.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

No its not.

you have to remember that certain rules in Islam are about the limits laid down for us as opposed to what to do. that is what hudood even means - limits.

But in Pakistan they wanted to make changes to the hadood ordinance a few years ago, not sure if they did

You wrote:

So what the source says is that the absolute limit that someone can go to is that and anything beyond a poke by a finger is considered battery and not acceptable.

What if you've done the miswaak bashing and it hasn't worked? or maybe she likes being bashed by miswaak and she disobeys you just for that?

You wrote:

It is giving the absolute limit to how far a person can act in a situation where marriage may be breaking down.

So is this miswaak thing the limit?

You wrote:

and this ONLY applies there too, and is not for every day use.

[/quote]

In Pakistan they use a heavy duty Chitar for everyday use

either be kind or get divorced.

and no, "using the miswaak" consciencely is not allowed either - it simply draws where the line is and the general islamic principle is to not even approach the lines that are laid down.

It is a legal definition that can be used in a court of law, not a definition to live life by.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
either be kind or get divorced.

What if the husband can't afford to pay the Haq Mehr and his only keeping her because of this?

You wrote:

and the general islamic principle is to not even approach the lines that are laid down.

Then what's the point of having the line if you’re not allowed to make use of it?

the Mahr is due at the time of marriage.

and it is hers.

He has no right to even see it after that.

You wrote:
the Mahr is due at the time of marriage.

and it is hers.

He has no right to even see it after that.

But you do have to give some money upon divorce as well

If he can't afford to provide after the divorce then I think that will be taken into consideration, but as I'm not a scholar I can't give you a definate answer yet.
Does anyone here know?
By the way, I was refering to the name of the topic, not your user name. I thought that would've been pretty obvious.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

The whole point of the mahr is that it gave women the economic means to leave a marriage if it wasn't working.
and the whole point of this ruling was to STOP men beating their wives.

if lollywood wants to beat his wife, he also wants one that is 'ripped', so presumably she'll be able to give back as good as she gets.

but anti-Muslim propaganda sounds plausible. Or you are just one big stereotype.

Then again, we're all stereotypes in one way or another...

(just less annoying ones.)

Ya'qub wrote:
The whole point of the mahr is that it gave women the economic means to leave a marriage if it wasn't working.

What happens when that money runs out?

Ya'qub wrote:

It Hasn’t worked

Ya'qub wrote:

if lollywood wants to beat his wife, he also wants one that is 'ripped', so presumably she'll be able to give back as good as she gets.

If she hits me I'm going to hide behind mummy lol

Ya'qub wrote:

Then there's no problem in me being one

If she's really nasty perhaps you caaaaaan!!

tramp her feet?
pull her hair?

would that classify as beating??

Yes that's called abuse. There are more mature ways to deal with "nastiness". Btw, I thought you were a girl, no?

Lollywood; I don't think Yaqub meant it quite like that. I think he meant that the Sunnah makes it clear that wife beating is haram. Whether some people follow that is another issue.

Ghost wrote:
If she's really nasty perhaps you caaaaaan!!

That's if I can find one after sharing these views lol

what would you class as being nasty?

Ghost wrote:

tramp her feet?
pull her hair?

would that classify as beating??

This is the UK even if you frown at your wife it would be taken as same sort of abuse let alone do the things you have said

The Lamp wrote:

I don't think Yaqub meant it quite like that. I think he meant that the Sunnah makes it clear that wife beating is haram. Whether some people follow that is another issue.

It's not haram because it says you can beat her with Miswaak if it was haram then it would have said you must not hurt your wife in anyway

lollywood wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:

What happens when that money runs out?

facepalm
lollywood wrote:

Ya'qub wrote:

It Hasn’t worked

facepalm
lollywood wrote:

Ya'qub wrote:

If she hits me I'm going to hide behind mummy lol

facepalm
lollywood wrote:

Ya'qub wrote:

Then there's no problem in me being one

facepalm

The Quran allows men to beat their wifes
QURAN 4:34 - "Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme."

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWGA8i6scYY]

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Here's another really good explanation of it -

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TEODV_DsaA]

[CENTER][COLOR=red]Refute Islamaphobes instantly[/color] with this [COLOR=green]Islamic based search engine[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

Lollywood, all I have to say to that is you're wrong. "beat" is a mistranslation, so you shouldn't take it at face value.
I've already mentioned (as have others) that what's allowed is nowhere near a beating. Please understand that, if you want to go in circles then that's just sad.

I hope that clears somethings up.

The Lamp wrote:
Lollywood, all I have to say to that is you're wrong. "beat" is a mistranslation, so you shouldn't take it at face value.

I've already mentioned (as have others) that what's allowed is nowhere near a beating. Please understand that, if you want to go in circles then that's just sad.

I hope that clears somethings up.

The Quran allows men to beat their wifes
QURAN 4:34 - "Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them

What you are quoting ther eis a translation/interpretation from the qur'an as it is generally translated/interpreted.

You wrote:
What you are quoting there is a translation/interpretation from the qur'an as it is generally translated/interpreted.

That means beating your wife is allowed in Islam

Pages