Ramadan timetable is now online

You know what's odd? Some people might start on the Tuesday 2nd August :S

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Why is that odd?

Happens every year.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Excuse me ppl but how does anyone know when the lunar month will start?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

For Saudi, tomorrow night.

At our mosque, I will turn up for taraveeh tomorrow and if they send us home, then its the night after.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Why is that odd?

Happens every year.

Cuz everyone was doing it either tomorrow or monday - 2 days later is, well, late.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Not really, there is generally a 2 day overlap over 3 days - saudi will do it tomorrow or Monday (announced for Monday now) while those not following them are Monday or tuesday (all depending on when the month of SHa'ban started according to them).

Salaam

this year the ramadan timetables are a farce

you have sehri time varying from 1.45 am right up to 3.30 for the 1st day
how can that be!
you have mosques from the same school of thought/sect in the same town/city having a differnce of one hour on sehri time!

part of manchester sehri time is 1.47 , part of it is 2.05, part of it is 3.30

most of oldham sehri time for monday is 2.35ish, few have 3.30

i was in sheffield last week and sheffield council of mosques- 16 mosques- opening sehri time is 3.05-3.15 ish...

this is a total mess and full responsibility here lies on the ulema who have failed to show any leadership or clarity on the matter. now all you have is utter confusion.

I could write a whole essay over the various formulas used to calculate stuff, but I shant.

short version: the latest version for sehri starting are probably the correct versions, but I will still go with my local mosque even though I think it is wrong on this matter.

(Fault lies with the whole community, not just the "scholars" because it is the community that decided to rely on them.)

You wrote:
I could write a whole essay over the various formulas used to calculate stuff, but I shant.

short version: the latest version for sehri starting are probably the correct versions, but I will still go with my local mosque even though I think it is wrong on this matter.

(Fault lies with the whole community, not just the "scholars" because it is the community that decided to rely on them.)

wrong
community dont understand anything about when, why we start fast on what time and what the scientific/scholarly reasons for that are etc
this is a scholarly matter, not for the jo public to decide when sehri should start etc
full responsibility is on the ulema; especially the big guns who make the decisions and are an authority amongst their school of thought etc.

The community just follows their local mosque.

Now the time has come to ask questions, hold the sdcholars accountable, get proper answers and more importantly get a solution.