Umrah

​Apparently there's a new law as of two weeks ago that you have to be 21 years of age or older to go to Saudi Arabia for Umrah.

My brother was just refused his Visa because of this and he can't go Umrah.

Does anyone know more about this law or know about it all?

Sounds like b******t to me.

First I have heard of it.

Do you mean that atleast one person in a group has to be older, or all of them?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

I think that at least one person in the group has to be. The thing is he's supposed to meet up with a group but his visa got delayed and now they are saying they wont give it cause of his age.

First i've heard of it. It's different for each country though isn't it?

I heard that in some countries they don't let you go until you are 40 years old :?

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

read ur status on fb and got a bit worried, uncle phoned up the dude who's organising our tickets and visas. He said there is no such law in place, just that during the busy season entry has become more strict and that they can reject without any good reason...i'm not sure about my own, inshAllah it all goes well tho, flying on the 2nd inshAllah.

Insha Allah.

Foysol89 wrote:
​Apparently there's a new law as of two weeks ago that you have to be 21 years of age or older to go to Saudi Arabia for Umrah.

My brother was just refused his Visa because of this and he can't go Umrah.

Does anyone know more about this law or know about it all?

Sounds like b******t to me.

for women there has to be a mahram ofcourse, but for guys; yeah i heard that apparently you have to be 21 or over to go alone, or have a male with you who is 21 or over ..

"And do not throw yourself into destruction with your own hands." (Baqarah 195).

Foysol89 wrote:
You wrote:

I think that at least one person in the group has to be. The thing is he's supposed to meet up with a group but his visa got delayed and now they are saying they wont give it cause of his age.

First i've heard of it. It's different for each country though isn't it?

I heard that in some countries they don't let you go until you are 40 years old :?

you can't go till your 40 !!! :O
woah never heard that, what country is that supposed to be in?

"And do not throw yourself into destruction with your own hands." (Baqarah 195).

some countries have tests. I think Malaysia has a test.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

and what would the tests be about?

zainab1709 wrote:
Lilly wrote:

and what would the tests be about?

dont know, but i assure to test if you know hajj rituals etc..

oh wait..i think the tests are only for hajj..

i dont know..

google?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Alhamdulillah my bro got his Visa tiday and will be off to Umrah ASAP. I'm gonna save up for Hajj insha Allah

Foysol89 wrote:
Alhamdulillah my bro got his Visa tiday and will be off to Umrah ASAP. I'm gonna save up for Hajj insha Allah

MashAllah that's great, whens he going exactly?

Suhail wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

MashAllah that's great, whens he going exactly?

Insha Allah within the next couple of days. Just getting everything ready. He's gonna meet his friends there insha Allah

Ok gd gd, picked up my passports from leicester today, going to Saudi embassy on monday to hopefully get my visa stamped and thennnnnnnn iA fly out on Tuesday....let's see where this plan takes us