On this day, the world lost a Great Man

22nd Jammad Ul Thani.

Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (ra).

But what do we know about the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) best friend?

Let's share our knowledge here!

Smile

The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) once said about him: "if i were to choose from my Ummah anyone as a khaleel*, i would have chosen Abu Bakr, but he is my friend & companion"

* A khaleel is sumone whose love is mixed with one's soul. He is infact superior to a friend or a beloved person. The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) had only one Khaleel, i.e Allah almighty, (but he had many friends).

his daughter is Aisha radhiyaallahu'anhunna. who became the wife of the prophet.
he was the first caliph
he was the travelling companion of the Prophet (pbuh) when they migrated to Madinah (touching story)
When everyone was unsure about the travel of the Prophet (pbuh) of Israa wal Mi'raj'. He believed it straight away.

how did he die?

at the beginning of Islam he used to recite the Quran aloud outside and the Quraysh use to threaten him. he then got protection from some other man who wasnt muslim (cant remember is what circumstances this happened) but when the Quraysh went up to the "protector" to compalin that the wives and children listened to Abu Bakr radhiyallahu 'anhu and told him to go tell Abu Bakr to stop reciting in public. He went and Abu Bakr said: i dont need your protection, i have Allah (subhanahou wa ta'ala)

awesomeness.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

He led a prayer when the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was v.ill and near to death.

In the cave, during the break from the journey to Madina, the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was sleeping on his lap. A snake bit hadhrat Abu Bakr (RA) and this obviously hurt him bad, but he didn't move! he didn't want to wake the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) up even though he was in so much pain! SubhanAllah! The Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) then eventually woke up when hadhrat Abu Bakr (ra)tears (due to the pain) fell upon the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) cheeks.

According to , natural death due to illness.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) stood by our beloved prophet(saw)when no one else did. He was there to support the prophet when Khadija (RA) passed away and when the prophet uncle Abu talib passed away. He had comp;ete trust in our beloved prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and was one of the most valuable friends the prophet had.

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

When I saw the title of this thread, I initially thought you were going to mention Obama for some reason.

I thought it owuld be about me, but then I remembered that I was still alive.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Ok I need to re-read and refresh my memory and then will edit my post. But before I forget,
basically he told his son would've killed him in battle if he had to. (His son was on the opposite side and not muslim)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

One thing that I always remember him by is the speech he gave after the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) death:
"O people! If anyone among you worshipped Muhammad, let him know that Muhammad is dead. But those who worship Allah, let him know that He lives and will never die. Let all of us recall the words of the Qur'an. It says, `Muhammad is only a Messenger of Allah There have been Messengers before him. What then, will you turn back from Islam, if he dies or is killed?"

HarajukuDoll (guest) wrote:
One thing that I always remember him by is the speech he gave after the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) death:
"O people! If anyone among you worshipped Muhammad, let him know that Muhammad is dead. But those who worship Allah, let him know that He lives and will never die. "

ILOVE THISSSSSSSSSS

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

You wrote:

I meant Osama. Their names are too similar.

You wrote:

Lol

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

the Sahbah R.A said whenever they saw Abu Bakr R.A make dua to Allah(SWT), he did so like he only relied upon Allah and that he could do nothing. however when he would do any action he would do it as if he didn't rely on ALlah at all.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Foysol89 wrote:
the Sahbah R.A said whenever they saw Abu Bakr R.A make dua to Allah(SWT), he did so like he only relied upon Allah and that he could do nothing. however when he would do any action he would do it as if he didn't rely on ALlah at all.

SubhanAllah

Foysol89 wrote:

I dont understand, whats good about that :S

I would've thought you should always rely on Allah? :S

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Yes nothing happens without the will of Allah. But duas are useless if you don't make any effort yourself.

Abu Bakr R.A used to do both as the way we should, he made dua like he had full faith in Allah to answer them, when he made the effort he made the most of whatever he could do.

It is said that Abu Bakr (ra) had a slave who used to give him a portion of his daily income as the masters share. Once he brought him some food , and Abu Bakr took a morsel out of it. Then the slave said to him:" you always inquired about the source of what I bring to you, but today you have not done so". Abu Bakr replied "I felt so hungry that i failed to do that. Tell me now, whence did you bring this food".

The slave said: "Before embracing Islam, I practiced soothsaying. During these days, I came across some people for whom I practiced some of my charms. They promised to pay me for that later on. I happened to pass by these people today, while they were engaged in a marriage ceremony, and they gave me this food". On saying this Abu Bakr (ra) exclaimed " Ah You would have surely killed me? Then he tried to disgorge the morsel he had swallowed, but he could not do so, and his stomach had been quiet empty. Somebody suggested him to take some water to his fill and then reach it. Thereupon Abu Bakr (ra) sent for a goblet of water and kept on taking water and forcing it out , till he vomited the morsel.

Somebody remarked "May Allah have Mercy on you! you put yourself to such a trouble for a single morsel. To this Abu Bakr replied : " I would have thrust it out even if I had to lose my life for I heard the Prophet Peace be upon him say " Any flesh which has grown out of unlawful earnings will not enter Paradise" I therefore made haste to clear my stomach from this morsel lest any portion of my body should receive nourishment from it".

One day Abu Bakr (RadhiyAllah anhu) entered a garden where he saw a bird standing under the shade of the tree. He sighed deeply and said: O bird! how lucky you are. You eat from tress and take shade under them. when you die you do not have fear of reckoning on the day of judgement. I wish i were just like you.

When Abu Bakr (ra) was praised he used to say : "O Allah you know me better than I do, I know my self better than them . O Allah let me be better than I think I am, forgive me for what they do not know about me, and do not hold me accountable for what they say about me".

Subhanallah! Even Umar ibn Al Khattab RA stopped competing with Abu Bakr Siddiq RA. These sahabah were promised Jannah yet they never stopped worrying about their Akhira.

We should indeed learn and implement their practices. Insha Allah it will be our means of entering Jannat.

deleted due to wrong info :/

So far you have mentioned only the good points about Abu Bakr.

Shia muslims points at some of his bad actions too.

He was a good guy at the beginning of Islam.

But unfortunately, he turned away the end of Prophet's life.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

malik wrote:
So far you have mentioned only the good points about Abu Bakr.

Shia muslims points at some of his bad actions too.

He was a good guy at the beginning of Islam.

But unfortunately, he turned away the end of Prophet's life.

why can't you write Hazrat Abu Bakr r.a

Trust me it won't hurt

My English is not very good

Can we please keep this thread civil. thanks.

For new readers, Malik is a Shia, the rest of us aren't, hence why the difference in opinion.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

How could you be having a go at me? I have not said anything uncivil

For new readers, Malik is a Shia, the rest of us aren't, hence why the difference in opinion.

[/quote]

I did not know that before, So that's why there's so much ignorance in regards to Hazrat Abu Bakar r.a and Hazrat Umar r.a

99% of us are on the right path
1% is on the wrong path

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:

How could you be having a go at me? I have not said anything uncivil

twas a warning for all.

You shouldn't have commented on the last bit :roll:

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI4_e17iQXI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]

That time again.

Takbeer channel's programme is talking about ABu Bakr ra but the person is doin it like poetry form (I guess that's what you'd call it) very touching...at one point I had tears in my eyes o.O tune in if you understand Urdu!

The Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said:

'Abu Bakr (R)'s name shall be called out from all the gates of Paradise, and he will be the first of my followers to enter it'.

I was sitting in mosque, with my nephew sleeping in my lap, whilst we did a collective (looong) dua.  My foot fell asleep, and for a while I was ok but then I really needed to move but I couldn't. And then slowly I moved my leg a bit. This reminded me of when Abu Bakr (ra) was bitten by a snake and didn't want to move incase the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) sleep was ruined. It's so easy to think "wow that must've hurt!" But seriously, putting things into perspective - I only had pins and needles! :/

Hazrat Abu Bakr RA was an expert in genealogy and not just in regards to the tribe of Quraish but indeed anyone who would happen to enter into Makkah, Abu Bakr RA was aware of who they were and to which tribe they belonged. Such was the knowledge of Abu Bakr RA in regards to a persons lineage/history that he drew it down to a science and eventually came to teach it to student in his time.

His knowledge of tribes and their origins was used many a time by Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and most notably on the occasion when the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was seeking protection and calling tribes to the call of Islam in the early days of persecution prior to hijra to Madinah.

Although there were many genealogists in the time of Abu Bakr RA, what made As Siddiq RA distinct from those around his was undeniably his good character whereby although aware of a tribes more shameful lineage, he would only ever comment on the the good aspects of a family/tribes history.

Aisha RA narrated, "Verily, Abu Bakr is the most knowledgable person among the Quraish about the lineages of the Quraish.” (Muslim 2490).

(Imam Anwar Awlaki, Abu Bakr Al Siddiq, his life and times, part 3)

(The biography of Abu Bakr As Siddeeq published by Darussalam)

If i made any mistake in the above, then that is from me, and verily Allah knows best.