West is West- sequel to East is East

Salaam

The much awaited sequel to East is East is out.

Anyone seen it?

What did you make of East is East?

Do you think such films are important in highlighting issues such as identity/religion/culture that British Asian Muslims face today?

Or do you think they do more damage than good?

Or should it just be seen as a funny film- and thats it?

Or should we NOT WATCH IT and stay away as its all UnIslamic?

Watch traile

r and
Read a of the new film by The Guardian.

Wasalaam

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Salaam

Anyone gonna go and see it?

wsalam, And no, well maybe one day when its on tv and im bored Blum 3

Quote:

What did you make of East is East?
Disgustingly funny
Quote:

Do you think such films are important in highlighting issues such as identity/religion/culture that British Asian Muslims face today?
I guess so, shows how people find it hard to fit in etc.
Quote:

Or do you think they do more damage than good?
What damage would they do? Maybe if someone who doesn't really know Asians watched it, they may get the wrong idea of them or something (I think that was the reason why I didn't like the trailer for this film, can't remember/cbb to watch again)
Quote:

Or should we NOT WATCH IT and stay away as its all UnIslamic?

"UnIslamic"?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

i think they're funny to watch but really do more damage than good
i think its like in east is eat he hits his wife and hes always swearing and the priest is good but hes not and all that rubbish about trying to get them married off nonsense lol
its funny though i wont lie lol ;P

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

never really liked the first but this looks pretty funny, i might just have to watch this. don't really know if i should be laughing or angry when i watch it. it will probably be a mixture of both. just like when i watched Four Lions.

there was a lot of debate when that film came out. i don't think this one will create that much controversy though seeing as it doesn't really focus on muslims. what do i know though i watch it for entertainment :).

if anyone thinks its wrong to watch it please explain why? i am here to be guided aswell

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

haha nah i watch it for entertainment to but if it does have hard hitting issues or something against islam it wouldnt be good to support it
but i dont think it will be too bad (hopefully)
some films like four lions and east is east can create a bad image on islam but only because there are people out there who dont see it as taking the mick but as if its serious lol DUMBASSES Blum 3

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

I went to watch it i don't think that west is west. is as bad as east is east in terms of how it potrays our culture coz that just kinda took the p**s and exagerrated our culture. west is west is funny!!

I didn' even know it was out yet. Would you recommend me to watch it cinemas or not worth it?

is west is west even good?
i have a feeling i wont find it that funny lol

mush91 wrote:
is west is west even good?
i have a feeling i wont find it that funny lol

same thing here...so someone go watch it and tell me how it is Blum 3

friends wana go and watch, but no too sure, but there arent any other good movies out are there????? :s

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Walaikum Salaam,

I went to watch west is west last week and i found it funnyyy Biggrin i just basically laughed at the mans accent throughout lol..people do say i'm easily amused :roll:
andd i havent even watched "East is East" Fool

It doesnt target Islam as of such and is based more on culture and traditions rather than religion..

to be honest it doesnt help or damage its just jokes..just like any other funny film really..andd it has some emotional parts toooo...but then again i do get emotional quickly too lol Biggrin

I only speak to those who are thirsty for the sea

~ Rumi

thnx for the review..guess ill go watch it after all! Biggrin

and im easily amused too lol, so its all good Wink

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
thnx for the review..guess ill go watch it after all! Biggrin

and im easily amused too lol, so its all good Wink

Lol leme know how it goes akhi Biggrin

~ Rumi

Muslimah Sam wrote:

You just called bilan a brother.

MuslimBro wrote:
Muslimah Sam wrote:

You just called bilan a brother.

eeek i thought bilan WAS a brother..sorryyyyy bilan :roll:

~ Rumi

Muslimah Sam wrote:

The comment and the smiley don't go together.

MuslimBro wrote:
Muslimah Sam wrote:

it actually does. this doesn't :badgrin:

Does anyone feel they can relate to any of East is East? (Haven't seen West is West yet) If so, which parts?

(not sure if anyone's asked this already ah well i'm asking anyway!)

Jihad of the Nafs (The Struggle of the Soul)

MuslimBro wrote:
Muslimah Sam wrote:

I think Sam just likes rolling her eyes

I can't really remember 'East is East' properly but the way women are portrayed, how asian men treat them etc and the kids wanting to fit in and all that seems realistic.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Muslimah Sam wrote:
Walaikum Salaam,

I went to watch west is west last week and i found it funnyyy Biggrin i just basically laughed at the mans accent throughout lol..people do say i'm easily amused :roll:
andd i havent even watched "East is East" Fool

It doesnt target Islam as of such and is based more on culture and traditions rather than religion..

to be honest it doesnt help or damage its just jokes..just like any other funny film really..andd it has some emotional parts toooo...but then again i do get emotional quickly too lol Biggrin

haha omg is everyone on rev always easily amused? :O Biggrin (IM AMUSED Lol )
and ok i still havent watched the film. maybe 1 day (in god knows how many years) lol.

Went to watch this a couple weeks back and was just plain LOL the whole way through. The fathers accent and his fine choice of abusive language just had everyone crying with laughter....even the one emotional scene turned out to be funny. Agree with Ocean, it doesn't target Islam. More of a story about a young boy discovering a new culture and a father learning from his mistakes, strengthening the bond between father and son...all that aside lol it was just plain wacky and at same tome interesting to see how they portrayed the old Pakistan.