Yep.

A few more days now.

And then it's 2011.

Who's looking forward to it?

Plans for the new year?

I know I've made some Smile

its forever away yet.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Jan 1st 2011 - Just another day. (and as my friend would add "closer to your death" lol)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Jan 1st 2011 - Just another day. (and as my friend would add "closer to your death" lol)

lol thats the way forward i stand to that
thats why i would never celebrate birthdays....whats the point in celebrating a year closer to athritis, kidney problems, etc., and then at the end...death
doesnt make sense

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

On the other hand, you will be thanking God for another year of life that yuou have been gifted. Not something to knock.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

mush91 wrote:
Whats the point in celebrating a year closer to athritis, kidney problems, etc.

Why do you want Athritis in the future? And kidney problems? They're no fun.

Health problems just do accrue with age, though. That's not in my plan for 2011.

Joie in 2011: Healthy, Wealthy, Wise

Hopefully.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Ocean wrote:
s.b.f wrote:
mush91 wrote:
Whats the point in celebrating a year closer to athritis, kidney problems, etc.

Why do you want Athritis in the future? And kidney problems? They're no fun.

Thos might not be but my dad seems to be having fun with hypertension, he loves it, his pills, his mood swings, his macho-ness, his aggressive empowerment, and showing off in the uncles circle how many pills he has to take... or what the docs say... the uncles compete with their pill bottles and health problems too (and I can't wait to check his eyes and diagnose that he has grade2/3 hypertensive retinopathy!) Blum 3

Joie de Vivre wrote:

Joie in 2011: Healthy, Wealthy, Wise

How are you going to do that? by going to bed early? Biggrin

Question: Do you become wise by default if you're healthy and wealthy?

haha what is hypotonsils? :S
sorry i really have no clue and why is he celebrating that
i think after my medical problems in the year 2196 il be dancing Biggrin

The Wisest of Man Is Not The One Who Knows, But The One Who Seeks Knowledge In Order To Perform

if you can get me some chocolate that would be great.

I want a new job. Something involving the wind in my hair, the ocean and lots of fun.

Perhaps time to take up Capoeira too?

And because you can't argue eith a list of 3...Maybe edit my 2010 nano and get a proof copy too?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dawud wrote:
I want a new job. Something involving the wind in my hair, the ocean and lots of fun.

I like the sound of that! Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Isn't that your natural position anyway?

I find it annoying sometimes as it promotes fakeness.

Ocean wrote:

How are you going to do that? by going to bed early? Biggrin

Question: Do you become wise by default if you're healthy and wealthy?

a) Primarily, that will make a big difference. At the moment it is too cold to forage so I will have to find some other early morning pursuits. I have always been a night-owl so it's a big effort. If I find I just hate that, though, I guess there are some other obvious things. I have cut my coffee down to 1 or 2 (still too much) a day, and I can look at my smoking. Main thing is less of that and a lot more exercise.
b) No, but according to the saying a good night's rest promotes all three innit.
  • It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Dawud wrote:

Perhaps time to take up Capoeira too?

And because you can't argue eith a list of 3...Maybe edit my 2010 nano and get a proof copy too?

My husbands into Capoeira also... :roll:

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind; it is destroyed when you are cruel.

Did I hear Jack Johnson?

What does premonition mean?

-

2011 is the muslim year 1432.

Happy New Year.

Ayatollah rightly named America as "Great Satan".

The new year started about 26/27 days ago.