"LadyLike"

I'm starting abit of a project involving a beat & a rap & a recording & sort of campaign with some sort of activists from sort of random places in the sort of world but i need lots of views so guys help me out here..,

What does the word LADYLIKE mean to you?

The traditional ladylike stuff? which could be different according to age, culture, ect..

Do you think thats right?

Do you think it should mean soemthing else? If so tell me what you would like to mean..

So, I still think of "ladylike" as meaning to be prim and proper and quiet. But I want it to be defined as how a mother bear is defending her cubs. She will f@#! some people up. Smile There is a saying, "Well-behaved women rarely make history." I feel like I grew up in a house where I was supposed to be quiet. There were different rules for my sister and I versus my brother. Ladylike means, to me, to be well-behaved. But it should mean advocating for those with no voice.....at the top of her voice! It should mean to follow one's heart and be passionate, not be passive and submissive. It should mean to be empowered to make her own decisions for herself. It seems to me that what is missing in the world today (sorry if I'm repeating myself) is the voice of women, especially women of color. I think women owning their voices can bring about tremendous change for the better!!

just some food for thought fo you's all as nobody's saying much,. i pretty much agree with that.

Ocean wrote:
It's called Taking Control

of what?
how many women do?
on what scale?
were you brought up in a community where that was respected or not?
Do you think that women need to take control more?
Is there many female voices out their today that will effect the world in a positive way and maybe inspire others to do the same?
or do you think there isn't a need and it is sufficient as it is?