Is treason now acceptable?

Am I the only one who finds treason unnacceptable?

I am talking about (Whitehouse chief of Staff to Dick Cheney) Lewis Libby.

He committed what I would call treason by revealing the name of a CIA agent.

hpowever he is only being charged with leser crimes (purgery, Obstructing justice, and making false statements to a federal grand jury).

The Prez is also sticking by him.

Libby's treason is not yet proven. What is suspected is that he lied. He will now be investigated for this lying and his role in the release of the name of a CIA spy.

But he could not have committed treason without the knowledge of his boss, Dick Cheney.

Obviously Cheney isn't going down for this.

whats treason?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
whats treason?

In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation. A person who betrays the nation of their citizenship and/or reneges on an oath of loyalty and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy, is considered to be a traitor.

Back in BLACK

This might be slightly out of the topic but would treason be halal, if you living in a country which is ruled by a tyrant ,say Egypt and were fighting against the Munafiq president ( mubarak for example).

no.

You cannot join an enemy to destroy your country.

However if there was a popular uprising, you may take part.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.