Dr Zakir Naik in the news!!

What do you people think about this..i have just come across it and has shocked me..loved this watching this guy Sad

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL52VoKUj78]

What is the short version - summary of the clip?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

It is a great concern that people listen to such a man who gives fatwah on things he has no authority to give it on.

He has upset alot of people and should fear Allah.

Most importantly he said may Allah be pleased with Yazid.
Yazid is the killer of the Beloved Prophet Muhammad saw's grandson Imam Hussain as. (Muslims have hate in their heart when they say the name Yazid)

Its disgusting how he is allowd to say such awful words and hurt the heart of those people in the ummah who have iman. Iman which is love of the Beloved Prophet saw and His Beloved Family too.

Zakir Naik says these things because he has lack of knowledge. Therfore he should only talk about what he knows. And it comes back to the important aspect of seeking knowledge which is - WHO IS THE PERSON YOU ARE RECIEVEING YOUR KNOWLEDGE FROM? DOES HE HAVE AUTHORITY?

The importance of recieveing knowledge through a chain of authority can be found here:
Scroll down to the section -> Significance of Isnad (chain of authority and transmission of knowledge). Everything will become clearer inshAllah.

If you need more info let me know, i can direct you to more links inshAllah. JazakAllah.

You wrote:
What is the short version - summary of the clip?

Dr Zakir Naik has been banned in india from giving lectures, the shiaz and the brelawi community are makng a fatawah on him/against him and calling his lectures "haraam"..

(also i have noticed on youtube ..there are quite few videos that are against him..one called "who is responsible for 26/11 attacks on mumbai"..

and wt he says about terrorism in this video..I am considering it as fake ..because I have heard and watched his lectures on terrorism and islam (not on youtube)..and he doesnt state anything like to what is shown in here..)

What do you all think about this..i have just come across this (the first link/video) and has shocked me..love his lectures Aggressive

"The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.." - unknown

ps.. sorry about the extra posts..i forgot how to delete them lol

nws..back to the topic..they were mentioning the groups shia and BREWLAWI..i have heard this last term..bt what are the brewlawi (think i have spelt it incorrectly aswel)???

thnku/j'allah

"The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.." - unknown

Dr Zakir Naik is Ghair muqallid and in his opinion, the ummah fell into fitna by following madhabs. He thinks it is the primary reason for disunity.

I don't really care what people think of him.

Do you think that video was incorrectly edited or something? If not, they are his words that have been recorded on camera.

He could have said "I do not know who was responsible, but I condemn the killing of innocents, civilians", but instead he chose to say "I do not know if he is responsible, but terrorising the Americans is something all muslims should do"... is there really much left to the imagination?

He should be brave enough to choose a side and stick to it, instead of mincing his words or using double speak.

Also, when Muslims do wrong, other muslims should not bury their heads in the sand - they should have the courage to say that it is unislamic and wrong.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

kat khan wrote:
What do you people think about this..i have just come across it and has shocked me..loved this watching this guy Sad

there is a list of people/groups who disaprove him - includeing the of deoband (two links).

im afraid the youtube videos of him are true!

barelvi people have the right/complete aqeeda (belief).

whereas zakir naik and his followers have incomplete belief.

do you understand urdu.?

if i was to send u mini urdu clip regarding some things he has said which have been corrected by the people who have authority would you be interested?

If you're asking me, then no - I don't really care.

thank you for posting darul ifta of deoband.

I looked at the actual footage about him talking about Bin Laden. He was clearly taken out of context. He said something along the lines of: "If he is doing what's righteous then I'm with him if not then I'm against him. I am not prepared to base my opinion on what some newspapers say."

I think what he said is pretty sound, despite the fact I believe that Bin Laden is a self-confessed terrorist (as is Bush).

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

THINKER wrote:
im afraid the youtube videos of him are true!

Sad

do you understand urdu.?

if i was to send u mini urdu clip regarding some things he has said which have been corrected by the people who have authority would you be interested?

yes i do..and yes if you dont mind ..would appreciate it..thankyou Smile

Do you think that video was incorrectly edited or something? If not, they are his words that have been recorded on camera.

i think the second video about terrorism..may have have..yes

He could have said "I do not know who was responsible, but I condemn the killing of innocents, civilians", but instead he chose to say "I do not know if he is responsible, but terrorising the Americans is something all muslims should do"... is there really much left to the imagination?

He should be brave enough to choose a side and stick to it, instead of mincing his words or using double speak.

the lectures i have heard and seen on tv..he has never stated anything like "terrorising the Americans is something all muslims should do"..
If this is true..then he is double speaking and should stop doing that..

Also, when Muslims do wrong, other muslims should not bury their heads in the sand - they should have the courage to say that it is unislamic and wrong.

i agree..everyone listens to his lectures..and if he is uttering wrong things then people.. esp of higher authorities should tell him off.

You wrote:
kat khan wrote:

there is a list of people/groups who disaprove him - includeing the of deoband (two links).

Thankyou fo this information brother..i am not fully convinced with some of their answers from one of the groups..i.e Q's asked about..him giving speech to/between women might be classified as haraam/unlawful..? if that is the case..then the imaams/aalims and people of high authority who come on tv, give lectures on islamic masaail..alot of them are women who they speak to..is all haraam..?

ive never really been a big fan of him

there were some things that he said in his speeches that I just didnt agree with

1R4M wrote:
ive never really been a big fan of him

there were some things that he said in his speeches that I just didnt agree with

What were they?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

But remember people we do not worship these scholars, we worship Allah (swt) so we shouldn't rely on something too much purely because a guy with a beard said it.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

The Lamp wrote:
But remember people we do not worship these scholars, we worship Allah (swt) so we shouldn't rely on something too much purely because a guy with a beard said it.

Its not about worshiping them, but when you are seeking for knowledge, (and yes we do have the quraan, the hadith and the sunah), you want it from someone of higher authority than you, an imaam or a scholar, who use correct citations from these sources. But when they start to get accused of delivering information/speech which is against the rules of the shariah, then its shocking. :?

Not that shocking - they are humans and all humans are capable of making mistakes, having different opinions than you and also having different priorities.

zakir naik is a fantastic guy, may allah bless him, and give more men who do big works like him for islam.