Explaining Islam

Salaam

When you are asked question about islam, do you give proper, detailed answers?

as an example whenever I get asked about why I have a beard, I reply because. I have found myself not actually giving an answer. I know I could say its compulsory, but i know the next quiestion why don't everyone have it then. and then that will open a can of worms.

So I just shrug my shoulders, and say because. or its easier than shaving everyday... or some other lame excuse.

So do you go out of your way to explain Islam?

to explain islam to non muslims is hard , as many britsh people are extremely non-religous, churchs are always empty. So when they ask bout islam i try to keep it simple, but as a muslim when i ask a muslim a question i prefer them to go into detail.

"Raf786" wrote:
to explain islam to non muslims is hard , as many britsh people are extremely non-religous, churchs are always empty. So when they ask bout islam i try to keep it simple, but as a muslim when i ask a muslim a question i prefer them to go into detail.

Agreed.

If im asked about Islam by a non-muslim i try and explain it as simply as possible but with enough detail to explain the logic behind it. Im not a preacher type of person but if im asked i'll explain.

Ofcourse if im asking another muslim for an answer i would prefer an indepth explanation with reference and so on.

Back in BLACK

salaam

ive never really been asked properly until this summer.....where i spent 3 months in the solicitors discussing religion to no effect Smile

its really hard i tell thee, but i think i got my message across - Islam makes me happy and brings me peace in life, i think they could see that from the way i talked and behaved. who knows?

but very rarely are they listening with an open-minded, the influence of the media upon thier perception of Islam makes it hard to get your message across properly.

only when a non-muslim is TRULY interested and has an open mind, then yeah, its worth going into detail.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

There is no need to explain Islam.

It is an extremly clear religion.

We don't have any mystries.

Everything is simple and logical.

Even a child can comprehend God's teachings.

Naturally, some people may not like certain things about Islam, such as cutting the hands of burglars, but that is their choice.

Omrow

Yes it is simple to understand,

But, and yes thers always a but, people who know nothing about islam except that its the religion of "them terrorist" that the news always goes on about want to know about it.

So like many have said, we should be a walking talking (emphasis on talking here) advert for islam.

Not evryone knows about our deen, infact there are people who know nothing much about any religion, and i have met many people like this. And I seem to get along with most people so i get asked questions about muslims and none muslims alike, and im always willing to answer any question, and if im not able to answer, I always tell them i will get back to them, and inshallah i always do.

So we shouldnt really look for an easy way out of questions, as to save us from further questions. But rather we should jus answer them honestly and not be shy about our Religion/way of like.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

as an example whenever I get asked about why I have a beard, I reply because. I have found myself not actually giving an answer. I know I could say its compulsory

Wa Salaam.

If asked that question, I would just say: "It grew on me".

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

as an example whenever I get asked about why I have a beard, I reply because. I have found myself not actually giving an answer. I know I could say its compulsory

Wa Salaam.

If asked that question, I would just say: "It grew on me".

lol. come on ppl get serious... serious Qs require serious answers.

admin i dont think its right to side-step questions from a non-Muslim regarding Islam, after all, it is our chance to do Da'wah.

however, its true that explaining things such as the beard, or niqab can be difficult because its hard to explain without going into fiqh (which u obviously cant do with a non-muslim).

i've been asked questions regarding 'Women in Islam' and 'Terrorism' so many times that i've kind of got used to answering em.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I also answer questions on terrorism

's**t happens no matter what side of the fence you're on'

I am tired of always saying 'but Islam means peace. Its a peaceful religion hijacked by idiots. they do not understand Islam....'

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
I also answer questions on terrorism

's**t happens no matter what side of the fence you're on'

I am tired of always saying 'but Islam means peace. Its a peaceful religion hijacked by idiots. they do not understand Islam....'

LOL. It seems this is a favorite ? for people to ask.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

if u say dat they think u don't care...

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
if u say dat they think u don't care...

probably.

But its not a preachy answer either.

Its just saying bad people can be anywhere, and can believe anything.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

One should let their actions do all the talking…

Actions speak louder then words…

And when asked about certain Islamic issues, it’s important not to go into information overload…keep it short and sweet.

"Admin" wrote:

so if ur tired of defending Islam

would u rather just agree with all the assumptions non Muslims have?

ur lazy attitude would just increse islamaphobia

I mentioned that I use abit more wisdom, and give a different reply.

I do not gie the stock reply that is the sermon Islam means peace.